Updates 1-20 Aquilonia and Meridiania

By Will
Image Motto:Duis libero tellus, sub Dei nostri
simsamerica
Nation: Torainn

Re: Updates 1-20 Aquilonia and Meridiania

Postby simsamerica » December 29th 2011, 6:24 pm

Every year since 1926, the last two weeks of March have seen the Isle of Follycravie shut down nearly completely for the Kirk Motorized Races, mostly motorcycle races, taking place along a 28 kilometer/17.4 mile track atleast once a day during the two weeks. Of course the roads have long been open, but i'll provide full coverage when the races start back up on March 16th. The Isle is located 80 miles due north of Derry, Northern Ireland and 160 miles West of Edinburgh, Scotland between the Irish Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. There is no official number of turns but most observers reason around 170 turns are on the track.

The track enters Kirk at the Wilson Hill and Maximillian Curves. Before hitting the rockface, the track takes a long 90 degree turn at around 60 mph before a flat out kink and a sharp 50 mph turn. The track straightens out and drops down, including during the braking zone, leading to a difficult braking for a 40 mph corner. Two more 90 degree turns follow before hitting town.

After hitting various other turns, the track doubles back upon itself and comes into downtown. The Gas Turn is one of the most famed on the track (anyone know of any walls I can get onto the inside there?) where the track goes 90 degrees past a gas station on a blind turn before crossing the River Kirk and passing the entrance to pitlane, which directly overlooks River Kirk. Following various turns and through two roundabouts, crossing the President's Bridge (State Leaders are called Presidents in Meridiania and Meridianian dependencies), passing the pitlane's reenterance point and 100m later, the start finish line. Soon after that, the cars pass "turn one", a quick right left.

Following one 90 degree turn and a 45 right turn, the track ascends and descends along the coast in the "deadman's curves", claiming numerous lives in the long history of the races, the most recent in 2002.

A shot of the actual town. After entering in the southeast (top right) the track follows the same route until hitting the last traffic light, Statehouse Road, and coming back into town, then following the previously outline route.

Statehouse (yes I know, It's not in the previous picture... oh well)

Shot of the entire city, that's the Irish Sea to the right and the Atlantic to the bottom.
A quiet one...
simsamerica

Postby simsamerica » December 29th 2011, 6:27 pm

[center]UPDATE 16: East Central Angelorium[/center]

First i'll offer some insight into Meridianian Gun Laws,
Dotted all across Meridiania are Gun Shops, Guns are easily purchasable, anyone over 18 with a valid ID can go into a gun shop and purchase a gun, however before the person can legally own the gun, they must license the gun to the user. To be a licensed gun owner, someone has to be over 14. Usually the gun can be legally owned within one week however sometimes this may take less time. This gun specifically focuses on Handguns such as M9's, Desert Eagles and HK .45's but any non automatic weapon is legal in these states. A Mental Background is included in licensing, but this is often quick. Many gun ranges also exist in the country, including one about 3 miles East (I don't have that area ready but I might can have it for the next update).

Near Angels Lake are alot of Famous Hotels including the Angels Halo, owned by Marcus Miner, the heir to the Miner fortune, famed for the DamonMiner corporation. This is where the MSCRA and LNCS host their annual awards banquets.

Shell Road Stadium, home of FC Lexset of the MC Cola Championship, the second tier of Meridianian Soccer.

Picture of some stuff I think is worth showing off, I just hadn't yet, this was part of Angelorium v2 from the start, including the William Sharp Memorial, Henry Humphry Secondary School and the National Symphony Orchestra's Dual Theatres, surrounding the North Road Bridge, the Jeannot Blomsma Market and the National Aquatic Center.

Pickner's Isle

Hotels overlooking Angels Lake and the River Cole

University of Regnum who offers some of the best programs in the nation in:
*Arts Architecture
*Science and Engineering
*Business
*English
*Religion
*Foreign Studies
*Medicine
*Oceanography
*Domestic Government and Law

République de Marquette has opened the seventh Embassy, in the main Embassy area, there is now no more space in Embassy Centre, I will open more space if needed though about 5 blocks Northwest of this area.
A quiet one...
simsamerica

Postby simsamerica » December 29th 2011, 6:28 pm

[center]Update 17: Vulputate City[/center]
I remember Evillions wanting to see some lower class neighborhoods, hows this work for lower class?

Saint Jonathans Hospital is located in the southern part of downtown, and has served Vulputate, in some capacity, since 1921. Originally, the hosptal was much smaller but has expanded 4 times to it's current size.

Erlichmann Brewery is one of the oldest Breweries in Meridiania, having been brewing beer since 1843 when German immigrant Marco Erlichmann began brewing beer in his small home. The Brewery soon bought surrounding land and created this building.

Vulputate Baseball Stadium, home of BC Vikings, of the Meridianian National League. Neighboring the Baseball Stadium is Blosseville Road Garden.

Vikings Stadium is home for many Vulputate Sports teams, like Vulputate Vikings FC and AFC Vikings. It was built in 1996, and holds 47,500 people.

Viking Corporation headquarters, home of the owners of FC Vulputate Vikings, AFC Vikings, BC Vikings, Viking Air, and many other brands in Vulputate and in Meridiania.

The entire city of Vulputate at the current moment.
A quiet one...
simsamerica

Postby simsamerica » December 29th 2011, 6:28 pm

Well, I might not actually do christmas stuff, but regardless, the M-League is on it's Christmas Break right now, and I thought i'd provide an update on the last few months of the M-League. Since I haven't done some cities, some spots are blank... since I also have no idea what stadium i'll have there :P

GAMES 12/21- 12/23
[center]EVV Gezag 2-2 Juliet Sud Club de Football

EVV Raakstad 1-2 FC Cooper

Water City 3-0 West Coast Tigers
[/center]

[center]Silver Coast Shiners 0-1 Vulputate Vikings[/center]

[center]Cuper's Harbor Cardinals 2-1 Angelorium United[/center]

[center]Boracoredia City 1-1 Gatliff Lightning[/center]

Ardus City 1-0 Manege Juliette Ville[/center]

South City 3-0 FC Beach Bums

Villadia Town 2-1 Angels City

Springs Stalions 1-3 Villadia Vipers
[/center]

If you can't read those standings, here is another plain copy
[spoiler]
Team Pts W D L GD
Cuper's Harbor 48 15 3 1 28
Gatliff Lightning 43 13 4 2 33
Villadia Vipers 41 12 5 2 23
Vulputate Vikings 41 13 2 4 20
South City 33 9 6 4 11
FC Cooper 33 10 3 6 6
Angelorium Utd. 31 7 10 2 14
Water City 31 9 4 6 8
Boracoredia City 27 6 9 4 5
EVV Gezag 25 6 7 6 4
Silver Coast Shiners 21 6 3 10 -7
FC Beach Bums 21 5 6 8 -11
West Coast Tigers 20 5 5 9 -16
Villadia Town 19 5 4 10 -14
Angels City FC 18 4 6 9 -11
EVV Raakstad 16 3 7 9 -7
Juliet Sud Club de Football 15 3 6 10 -19
Springs Stallions 14 3 5 11 -23
Ardus City 11 2 5 12 -16
Manege Juliette Ville 11 3 2 14 -28[/spoiler]

The M-League will begin play again on January 7th, 2012 after the holiday break

And something cool I found when I was doing this which I just felt like posting, since I don't have all stadia created yet, I was going to put a TBA Pic but ended up finding nothing good, but came across this when I googled it from my usnw days... that's the Aquilonia (Meridiania before I changed names) flag and Angelorium v1 :O :P
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Simsamer ... ol_pic.png

More updates will follow in some form these next few days... none with snow... since it's summer here... :|
A quiet one...
simsamerica

Postby simsamerica » December 29th 2011, 6:29 pm

I tried some new projects on South City I hadn't done before, most notably being an actual suburb, but also the first realistic factory i'm including in any update (stupid growth wouldn't let me show the other one :P) along with a shopping center and a full size country club.

Might as well start somewhere, here is the intersection of Welbeck Road, Creek Road, and Creek Road South in the Pres Bottom Neighborhood, near Riverside.

After going up Creek Road to Schools Street, we hit Riverside Secondary, which serves the Riverside Neighborhood.

Continuing up Creek Road, we pass the Coca Cola Angelorium Bottling Plant.

But right next door is Pres Bottom Shopping Center.

The main hospital for South City is AHCA-South City Hospital, the South City branch of the Angelorium Healthcare Authority's hospitals (there are eleven in all).

And home of the fourth Angelorium M-League Team, South City FC, who are currently Fifth in M-League standings and most recently defeated FC Beach Bums from Barrington Beach, 3 nil at home.

Along the river, UF Thomas's Crab House is the most popular seafood resteraunt in Angelorium, after all
"You ain't had Crab's unless you've had UF's Crabs"

And this is actually based off (probably alot of real life places look like this) a place I went in Panama City which I can't remember the name of that's just off US-98 in Panama City Beach.

The shop of LNCS Team Mannix Racing, who are going to field former Kilburn driver Andreas Hoffmann in 2012 with sponsorship from Chinese Teng-Lei Investments Corporation.

Main Clubhouse at Henry Humphries Country Club, one of the most affluent Country Clubs in the nation.

The River @ HHCC, a club open only to the Country Club's Members.

This is where I am to this point, no it's not complete, far from it, but It's well on it's way.
A quiet one...
simsamerica

Postby simsamerica » December 29th 2011, 6:29 pm

30: Thanks :)
Daniel: Thank you :)
Chip: just wish I could know why Downtown is a different shade than the other color.
K50: Yup, that's why i've got sg canals, tsc canals, and op4 moats :P Plus SPIC's.

Welcome to the North Coast!

Dethridge is a very small out of the way town along the North Coast, about 15 miles off the nearest highway, in Regnum. It's 74 miles from Angelorium and 198 from Boracoredia.
Course, for those wishing to get away to a nice vacation on the beach, there's the DGC Luxary at the coast.

But the most famous thing in town, which multiplies the population of the town by about 8, once a year, is the Dethridge Raceway, home of the Dethridge Grand Prix, a LNCS race held each year at the end of July.

Closeup of Turns 8 and 9

But alongside the speedway, is Hamilton Stadium, which houses MC Cola Championship side Dethridge United.

parque de la ciudad

Some homes along the edge of town near the farms... btw, I did alot of downloads from some japanese sites, and thought these Japanese apartments and high wealth houses fit in very well, was wondering some other folks' opinions on that. :)

All of the town.
A quiet one...
smartbylaw
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby smartbylaw » December 29th 2011, 6:43 pm

Sure is a lot of updates there...... 20? or is that not all of them? Nice work :)
simsamerica

Postby simsamerica » December 29th 2011, 6:49 pm

It's all updates from August till now :) when I get mod power's i'll lock the topic and start a new one for updates from today on
A quiet one...
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Postby Thomas » December 29th 2011, 6:57 pm

Talking of mod powers - I'm using you as a bit of a guinea pig. Do you have mod powers over this forum now?
simsamerica

Postby simsamerica » December 29th 2011, 7:26 pm

yes, topic stickied and i'll lock it soon, I feel a discussion coming on :P
A quiet one...
simsamerica

Postby simsamerica » December 29th 2011, 10:37 pm

Topic Locked, all CJ Moved Over.

Forth: Discussions take place, matter dealt with :)
A quiet one...

Return to “Commonwealth of Meridiania”