State of the Computer Address

By Liberater444
Image Motto:Empire of Europa
Liberater444

State of the Computer Address

Postby Liberater444 » June 30th 2012, 8:46 am

Well, many of you know that I currently don't have a computer that I can run SC4 on. For years I've used my mother's laptop, but between SC4's inherent CTD issue when using many mods, and the laptop's recent crashing, I have been told that I can't use it until we fix it. (Also, between the game and laptop issues, I can barely load up a city within 10min, let alone make any significant edits)

I'm posting this for a few reasons:

A) To let you know that I'm doing as much as I can, given my college-level resources, (read: poor-ness) to get a computer worthy of SC4. (or at least ABLE to run it) I'm sure some of you are frustrated or wondering why I have barely anything to show of my nation, and I assure you I am frustrated too. Some members have been here a while and still don't know what the Tirnreich looks like; this can be very good, because when I do get a laptop, I will basically be revamping a majority of the work I have done thus far.

B) To ask for your help. If anyone (preferably in North America) has any access to a cheap/free laptop, preferably Win Vista on, that I would be able to purchase or borrow, I would greatly appreciate it! Likely unless I save a lot of money whenever I get a job in summers, I may not be able to fabricate any more SC4 pics until my mom's computer is fixed or I find a deal on a Windows for myself.

So be aware that I AM on the trail of an SC4 machine, and you WILL get pictures of Tirnreich, Jumaania, Kaiser Island, and Acijnstan eventually.

Hang in there!

Geoff
[center]Ya fuzzy little man-peach[/center]
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Re: State of the Computer Address

Postby Thomas » June 30th 2012, 10:25 am

Good luck getting the laptop Geoff, and I look forward to seeing pictures again soon.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
Simul8ter8

Postby Simul8ter8 » June 30th 2012, 2:43 pm

Good luck! I too am in the process of getting my own computer because I also use my mom's computer. And I've had issues with crashing even though the computer is high capacity. One thing Carl told me is that turning off waves and shadows can increase game speed a lot, then what I did is when I need to take a picture I get in place and then turn everything back up, take the pic, then turn it back down.

Hope that helps with slowness. :)
Liberater444

Postby Liberater444 » October 6th 2012, 6:26 am

Attention fellow members!!! I have just got done partitioning my Mac and loading Win7 onto it. So as soon as I can, I am going to load SC4 on to my computer.

Woop!

Geoff
[center]Ya fuzzy little man-peach[/center]
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Postby Thomas » October 6th 2012, 12:15 pm

Hallelujah! I'm really looking forward to an active Tirnreich and an active Geoff!
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011

Return to “Tirnreich”