Experiments in Skylines

By Zack
Image Motto: Omnia in modo, fide excepta (All things in moderation, except for faith)
Zack

Experiments in Skylines

Post by Zack » November 14th 2017, 11:15 am

After watching way too many Let's Play videos of C: S, I finally decided to give it a try. Many hours later, I'm certainly liking the game. Its graphics are, of course, a massive leap forward for city-builders (and just being able to take screenshots in 8K resolution is mindblowing in its own right), but I'm also pleased with the amount of micromanagement available to me as a player. Skylines actually seems to contain more city services than SC4, and you're expected to provide all of them in enough quantity to keep all your cims satisfied. This game is, arguably, the sequel SC4 deserved.

All that being said, I'm not getting rid of SC4 any time soon. It's been my favorite game for almost 15 years now, and with my involvement in the NAM Team and the wider community, that isn't going to change for the foreseeable future. Nevertheless, it's nice to have another game to play.

As part of my experimentation in Skylines, I thought I'd post a few pictures of my current city without commentary. I certainly don't have as much custom content as I'd prefer yet, but I'm enjoying the content I've already subscribed to.

(As an aside, I recently ditched my old web host, as their rates had grown unacceptably high, so all my old image links are now broken. I've reuploaded them to Flickr, but updating the links will take a long time.)
Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN
Gregor
Nation: Oka & Malerno

Re: Experiments in Skylines

Post by Gregor » November 14th 2017, 10:09 pm

Wonderful, I'm jhappy you like the game,

My experience is that in Sim City you could get away with a "good looking city" but much less in Cities Skylines, making a good cities will require you to learn how to make them, and how RL cities work
_____________ Image Oka City AIN Cultural Capital 2018
ulisse
Director of Infrastructure
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Siculia

Re: Experiments in Skylines

Post by ulisse » November 14th 2017, 10:31 pm

I like the style on CS. Waiting for other developments.
Member State Since 10th December 2015 Director of Public Services From March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 - Director of Culture Since March 1, 2018 - Director of Infrastructure Since 1, 2018

Return to “Federal Kingdom of Lower Columbia”