Michael for VP | Development and Prosperity

The main Election Hub for the 14th General Union Election.
Michael
President of the Alliance
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Michael for VP | Development and Prosperity

Post by Michael » February 3rd 2017, 10:32 am

Image---------------Image WikiForum-----------------------------WikiForum----

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President since 1st March 2018

Send me a message!
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Re: Michael for VP | Development and Prosperity

Post by Charlie » February 5th 2017, 4:35 am

I feel as though your activity over at ST will definitely be good news for new members, get the word out for the Alliance. All the best for the elections!
Image Image Image Image
ulisse
Director of Infrastructure
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Siculia

Post by ulisse » February 7th 2017, 6:03 pm

I read this manifesto. I think your position on Simtropolis might encourage other users to enter into this Alliance. Anyway good luck
Member State Since 10th December 2015 Director of Public Services From March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 - Director of Culture Since March 1, 2018 - Director of Infrastructure Since 1, 2018
Zack

Post by Zack » February 13th 2017, 9:20 am

Thank you for running, Michael. I'm pleased to see that you, as well as so many other members, are interested in helping lead the union. I just have a few questions for you:

1. Perhaps the single most important value to the AIN over the years has been our acceptance of people from a wide range of backgrounds and views. This acceptance has meant that we give our members the freedom to run their countries however they wish, both politically and ideologically, and is IMHO one of the biggest reasons for our success over the past eight years. What steps would you take to ensure that people from across the political spectrum - whether you agree with them or not - continue to feel welcome here?

2. Do you consider yourself a reformer seeking to make our union a better place, or a loyalist seeking to preserve the best that AIN has to offer? Please explain your answer.

3. After being elected, your parent, dorm RA, landlord, or other person or entity responsible for your internet access transforms into a monomaniacal supervillain bent on denying you access to the digital world. Despite your best efforts, this person successfully prevents you from accessing this forum or playing your cities from the comforts of your residence and place of work and/or study. Do you continue to try and fulfill your duties? If so, how?

4. Are there any other ideas you hope to bring before the Executive Council or the Senate?

Best of luck during voting! :)
Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN
Michael

Post by Michael » February 13th 2017, 10:53 am

1. While of course, I would disagree with the members, as long as their nation is realistic to its location I would not have an issue with it. Be in their political system, social policies or attitudes to issues, providing the system is realistic and appropriate, my objection would be purely ideological. If however, the system does not fit the 'realsim check', then it would naturally go under the same scrutiny as any other part of an application or role-play.
  2. I see myself as both. While I love what the union has to offer in terms of tradition, with events like the AFA World Cup and AINVision, the Senate and so forth, I will not be blinded by the Alliance's shortcomings, and I will not hesitate to implement a better solution, should there be one available. My mission, should you chose me to be the next Vice-President will not only be to keep the traditions alive, but it will also be to make it the best Union it can be, and this will need reform.
  3. I will, naturally, dedicate time and effort to accessing this Union, and if my internet were to miraculously disappear, I would access it at my Educational Institution. If it were to go down there, I fear there'd be a revolution. :P
  4. I have been discussing with Charlie the option of relaxing and reforming the system for having Side Nations, not only to promote variation within the union but also to add diversity. This would be explored, should you chose me to be your next VP. I am also interested in pushing for a deeper integration of Ministeries, to promote greater working cohesion within the Alliance.

Send me a message!
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe » February 13th 2017, 12:44 pm

As VP, you are responsible for overseeing AIN events. How will you ensure that every member state is treated fairly in any AIN event whether its cultural, sports or economic? What guidelines will you establish between the organizer and the participants? If you plan to standardize AIN events, how will you do it? Finally, how will you hold the organizer accountable to his/her event? That is in case of emergencies like the organizer cannot host it, the organizer is required to explain his/her mechanism of RP and the rest.
Image What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
Michael

Post by Michael » February 13th 2017, 2:06 pm

1. I think being treated fairly in events is very much dependent on the event itself. I really haven't seen any instance of a country being treated unfairly during my time with the Alliance, but they key to prevent this is to minimise grievances between members, and through the cohesive plan that I have, this will be kept at minimum, if present at all.
2, 3 & 4. I don't think more guidelines are a good idea, nor do I think standardising events is good either. And as for accountability I really feel that that is unneeded. Each event works on its own strengths and its own system. Adding more rules and bureaucracy to this would only dampen the engagement. If a member is unable to host something, most likely due to RL, then I will always be willing to step in if no other member wished to organise it.

Send me a message!

Return to “14th General Elections”