Ramon for Speaker of the Alliance

The main Election Hub for the 14th General Union Election.
Ramon
Vice President of the Alliance
Nation: Santa Catarina

Ramon for Speaker of the Alliance

Post by Ramon » February 2nd 2017, 8:27 pm

Last edited by Ramon on February 4th 2017, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice-President of the Alliance since March 1st, 2018
Speaker of the Alliance from March 1st, 2017 to March 1st, 2018
Need help? Send me a message!
Visit the Commonwealth of Santa Catarina!
Wiki · Forum · Ministry of International Relations
Michael
President of the Alliance
President of the Alliance
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Re: Ramon for Speaker of the Alliance

Post by Michael » February 4th 2017, 12:11 pm

Great ideas. You have my support for the next Speaker of the Hosue.
Image---------------Image WikiForum-----------------------------WikiForum----

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President since 1st March 2018

Send me a message!
Ramon

Post by Ramon » February 4th 2017, 9:58 pm

Michael wrote:Great ideas. You have my support for the next Speaker of the Hosue.
Thanks for your support :)
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe » February 5th 2017, 2:24 am

Great ideas! I would't mind being one of those wiki supervisors. :lol:
Image What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
ulisse
Director of Infrastructure
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Siculia

Post by ulisse » February 7th 2017, 5:23 pm

I read this manifesto. Support the idea of wiki-there are many pages that need updating
Member State Since 10th December 2015 Director of Public Services From March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 - Director of Culture Since March 1, 2018 - Director of Infrastructure Since 1, 2018
Zack

Post by Zack » February 13th 2017, 9:21 am

Thank you for running, Ramon. I'm pleased to see that you, as well as so many other members, are interested in helping lead the union. I just have a few questions for you:

1. Perhaps the single most important value to the AIN over the years has been our acceptance of people from a wide range of backgrounds and views. This acceptance has meant that we give our members the freedom to run their countries however they wish, both politically and ideologically, and is IMHO one of the biggest reasons for our success over the past eight years. What steps would you take to ensure that people from across the political spectrum - whether you agree with them or not - continue to feel welcome here?

2. Do you consider yourself a reformer seeking to make our union a better place, or a loyalist seeking to preserve the best that AIN has to offer? Please explain your answer.

3. After being elected, your parent, dorm RA, landlord, or other person or entity responsible for your internet access transforms into a monomaniacal supervillain bent on denying you access to the digital world. Despite your best efforts, this person successfully prevents you from accessing this forum or playing your cities from the comforts of your residence and place of work and/or study. Do you continue to try and fulfill your duties? If so, how?

4. Are there any other ideas you hope to bring before the Executive Council or the Senate?

Best of luck during voting! :)
Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe » February 13th 2017, 1:05 pm

Bill writing is not an easy task. I have been for four years a member of my university legislation team and have been responsible for submitting the most resolutions and bills in our congress. It is not just about having the skill on writing but the capacity to formulate new policies and changes for AIN. How will you make members engage in this type of activity? How will you arm them with the necessary skills for this and finally how will you encourage people to pass policies and reforms?
Image What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
Ramon

Post by Ramon » February 13th 2017, 10:06 pm

Zack wrote:1. Perhaps the single most important value to the AIN over the years has been our acceptance of people from a wide range of backgrounds and views. This acceptance has meant that we give our members the freedom to run their countries however they wish, both politically and ideologically, and is IMHO one of the biggest reasons for our success over the past eight years. What steps would you take to ensure that people from across the political spectrum - whether you agree with them or not - continue to feel welcome here?
I believe the right of free speech and freedom to create wathever you want must be respect and a requisite to be member of our Alliance, A
an acceptance of other ways of thinking are indispensable for any of us in a multicultural alliance. I do not believe that we should agree with other positions on the political spectrum, but we must respect them.
Zack wrote:2. Do you consider yourself a reformer seeking to make our union a better place, or a loyalist seeking to preserve the best that AIN has to offer? Please explain your answer.
I believe that we should keep the best of the covenant which are according to the eight years of existence, but we must turn to new and facilitate the entry of new members, review what is really needed to sign up for the alliance. With reviewing what is really necessary to sign up, I mean changing things like the amount of images, I know Simcity 4 and other citybuilders are one of the bases of our alliance, but I believe we can facilitate the entry of members reducing the amount of images or replacing them with detailed graphics, maps and country data. We can have good members and quality even without being connected to SimCity 4 or other citybuilders.
Zack wrote:3. After being elected, your parent, dorm RA, landlord, or other person or entity responsible for your internet access transforms into a monomaniacal supervillain bent on denying you access to the digital world. Despite your best efforts, this person successfully prevents you from accessing this forum or playing your cities from the comforts of your residence and place of work and/or study. Do you continue to try and fulfill your duties? If so, how?
Yes, I will try my best to be in time with the Alliance, I have acess to the internet by my phone, school, home and it won't change, I am sure that nobody will become monomaniacal supervillain in my social circle.
Zack wrote:4. Are there any other ideas you hope to bring before the Executive Council or the Senate?
I will try to present monthly changes, albeit simple ones, in addition to encouraging members to host events, or to create their own events. I will look at everyone's point of view in the Senate and the General Assembly, trying to understand and encourage debate and maximization of every idea, albeit small, that can help our alliance.
jmsepe wrote:Bill writing is not an easy task. I have been for four years a member of my university legislation team and have been responsible for submitting the most resolutions and bills in our congress. It is not just about having the skill on writing but the capacity to formulate new policies and changes for AIN. How will you make members engage in this type of activity? How will you arm them with the necessary skills for this and finally how will you encourage people to pass policies and reforms?
I will try to show for all points the view, and that it is necessary to engage in the debates of the Senate and the General Assembly, and the changes will affect your nation. I believe we should show everyone the importance of the debate by sending private messages to inform about it, and at least informing your opinion with a message and voting on the bill. I believe we should demand more from each member and show the importance of participation in everything our members propose.
RAMON for Speaker of the Alliance

Return to “14th General Elections”