Billy for Director of Culture

The main Election Hub for the 14th General Union Election.
Billy
Nation: Jarraban

Billy for Director of Culture

Post by Billy » February 1st 2017, 12:42 pm

Introduction:
Many regular users already know me, but some background is nonetheless necessary. Whilst I have only been a member of the Alliance for a relatively short time, I have proven myself to be an active, committed and innovative user. I have not previously served in any administrative roles within the AIN, and so this is the first time I’m running for office.

Why me?
The Alliance Cultural Agency - along with the AIN in its entirety - faces a significant problem. That problem is inactivity. Through my creativity and plans to organise various new events, I will reinvigorate the Alliance and cater to a wide variety of tastes. As someone who is very passionate about sport, music, and the arts, I will bring life to the AIN calendar and make this site fun for all members. Good leaders are energetic and devoted to their cause - qualities that particularly apply to me.

Key aims:
1. Increase member satisfaction by ensuring interesting, unique and fun events regularly take place
2. Facilitate increased activity in relation to sporting, musical and other major events
3. Enhance dialogue and partnerships between members
4. Promote new ideas for cultural events in consultation with members
5. Encourage members to develop ideas for said events

Proposals:

1. AFA World Cup – AIN nations meeting in the “World Game” makes for a centrepiece event. I will ensure the World Cup remains this way. In addition, I propose reducing the number of qualifying teams to ensure a higher-quality competition – participating nations will instead be determined by a number of qualifying matches that take place throughout the year (similar to FIFA). I also propose that nations on the same continent are able to host in consecutive years.

2. AINVision – This is another centrepiece AIN event. I will prolong its success by liaising with host nations, setting up relevant boards, further promoting the event, and by ensuring graphics and song choices remain vibrant.

3. AIN Rugby World Cup and Cricket Championship – The inaugural versions of these events, both organised by me, will take place shortly. I will work to ensure they continue in the future and that more nations actively participate. Outside of this, I will organise regular rugby and cricket tests between certain AIN countries.

4. AFA Club League – Pending member interest, I will work to re-establish this competition. Regional soccer competitions (similar to the Asia Cup or Euro Championship) may be another option.

5. Other sporting competitions – I will investigate the feasibility of olympic, golf, tennis, basketball, motorsport and miscellaneous competitions (again subject to member interest)

6. Increased wiki activity – I plan to work with other members in establishing the wiki competition. I will also look into establishing a separate wiki/board for tourist information about AIN member states.

7. Culture Catalogues – I plan to create wiki pages where members can freely add details of their nation’s stadiums, arenas, concert halls, major museums and libraries, sports teams, musicians, etc.

8. AIN Event Calendar – Each year, I will create a calendar of all sporting, cultural, musical and arts-related events within the AIN. This could potentially be stickied to the noticeboard.

9. Open Cultural Forum – I will create a thread and/or board where members can provide feedback, input and suggestions concerning AIN events. They could also propose new events.

Final remarks:
As previously mentioned, leaders must passionately champion their cause. I possess the interest in sports, music and culture necessary to perform my role at an excellent standard. I strongly believe the proposals and aims outlined throughout my manifesto are symptomatic of a passionate, committed leader. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I urge you to vote for me as the Director of Culture.
Jarrabanian Commonwealth
Wiki | Forums | Media
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Re: Billy for Director of Culture

Post by Charlie » February 2nd 2017, 7:59 am

I am very interested in all those events you've got planned, and currently in the works! And as someone who has meet Billy in person, I can definitely vouch for the fact that he'd be a great fit for this position! All the best! :D
Image Image Image Image
Otto
Director of Public Services
Director of Public Services
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

Post by Otto » February 2nd 2017, 9:24 am

I like your ideas. Back in 2015, Nate and I had similar ideas to run national qualification matches for the World Cup and stuff, however that never materialized due to it being quite a ton of work. I will consider having qualification matches, but it is always dependant on how many nations we have at the beginning of the World Cup. I don't know how many nations there will be in November (when the groups will be drawn), so it's always a bit hard having qualification matches that take place during the year.

I support a reintroduction of the AFA Club League, however I will not be doing it. :P
Michael
President of the Alliance
President of the Alliance
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Post by Michael » February 4th 2017, 12:08 pm

Some brilliant remarks and ideas. You certainly have my support!
Image---------------Image WikiForum-----------------------------WikiForum----

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President since 1st March 2018

Send me a message!
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe » February 5th 2017, 2:28 am

Proposal looks good. I would hope however that the AIN Lilies or something about culture other than sports and music may also be given some highlights. Plus, I hope we can have the Cultural Capital back. At least one city to be featured a year if it takes so much time.
Image What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
ulisse
Director of Infrastructure
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Siculia

Post by ulisse » February 7th 2017, 5:57 pm

I read this manifesto. I like your ideas you've got my vote
Member State Since 10th December 2015 Director of Public Services From March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 - Director of Culture Since March 1, 2018 - Director of Infrastructure Since 1, 2018
Zack

Post by Zack » February 13th 2017, 9:22 am

Thank you for running, Billy. I'm pleased to see that you, as well as so many other members, are interested in helping lead the union. I just have a few questions for you:

1. Perhaps the single most important value to the AIN over the years has been our acceptance of people from a wide range of backgrounds and views. This acceptance has meant that we give our members the freedom to run their countries however they wish, both politically and ideologically, and is IMHO one of the biggest reasons for our success over the past eight years. What steps would you take to ensure that people from across the political spectrum - whether you agree with them or not - continue to feel welcome here?

2. Do you consider yourself a reformer seeking to make our union a better place, or a loyalist seeking to preserve the best that AIN has to offer? Please explain your answer.

3. After being elected, your parent, dorm RA, landlord, or other person or entity responsible for your internet access transforms into a monomaniacal supervillain bent on denying you access to the digital world. Despite your best efforts, this person successfully prevents you from accessing this forum or playing your cities from the comforts of your residence and place of work and/or study. Do you continue to try and fulfill your duties? If so, how?

4. Are there any other ideas you hope to bring before the Alliance Council or the Senate?

Best of luck during voting! :)
Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe » February 13th 2017, 12:58 pm

Great ideas in here! As Director for Culture, you a big role in most of the events that transpired in AIN. Roleplay is what makes AIN great, however it is also something that we normally take for granted. During the Alliance Games, we normally use Point Allocation System to ensure that every nation has greater chance of winning of the sports the country is specialized in. My question is simple, what mechanism will you use or introduce as means to operate your RP? An example is that in AINVision, we vote for the best songs and the song with the most votes win. In my computation of AIN's Most Powerful People, I rank nations by three main criteria economic size (GDP), population and forum post count with each category weighing 33% each. This isn't very accurate but at least results are presented with justification. To ensure the dignity of our events, at least an introduction must be made on how RPs are done. In case you think of marking countries by their specialization, how will do it?
Image What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
Billy
Nation: Jarraban

Post by Billy » February 13th 2017, 11:50 pm

Understand your concerns and just addressed them with Michael in another thread. I obtain scores from a random number generator and sometimes swap numbers/make adjustments for realism purposes (some nations are going to be stronger at certain sports than others). However, I'd love suggestions for fairer methods and would be very happy to do things differently.
Jarrabanian Commonwealth
Wiki | Forums | Media

Return to “14th General Elections”