Project Eagle Rising

By kendallhart808
Image Motto: Felicitatem in Deo est (In God Comes Prosperity)
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance
Nation: Carolina

Project Eagle Rising

Postby kendallhart808 » December 31st 2017, 10:00 pm

Project Eagle Rising

Prelude:
It's been a long standing conspiracy that a group presides over the world, creating nations out of thin air, and changing history with the blink of an eye. When thing's change, everything changes. Maps which once showed the Principality of Liechtenstein erased with a blink of an eye, instead saying Mikenstein. Catalonian independence, once dominating the news was erased from CNN, BBC, and all other news sources, so that no one knows Spain once owned Catalonia. Even history books around the world, once showing the Empire of Brazil giving a decisive blow to the Juliana Republic, now forced to surrender to the rebels in Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul. However, it is not all the time that things are done to a tee. Historians are still perplexed of the United States' protectorate over Acadia in a time when the United States and it's president, George Washington were so inward looking, and so turned away from international affairs. Two weeks ago, a man in Ohio a news story with a problem. The article named Nikki Haley as both the President of Carolina and the United States' Ambassador to the UN. Most people have simply ignored these things, but those who believe in the conspiracy simply think they keep gathering more and more evidence.

Author's Commentary:
So a lot of you guys know about the idea or concept of me building a country similar to the United States. Some of you oppose it, some of you support it. I say similar to the United States, because it has come to my attention that the union is not about placing real life countries in, it is more about building your own country. So as you may guess, that is what we are doing here, building a country that is unique, but also is like the United States in some ways, and does not disrupt world history. That is the plan, to create a country that seemingly would take place of the United States, while keeping some features the same, and not disrupting world history. How will I do that? Well, some of it you will just have to wait and see. The history will stay similar to the real history of the United States, it will not be radically different. However, events will be changed in domestic history which will then affect other things, thus changing US history. However, I will be paying close attention to how events could affect world history, and those events will be preserved. I may not be explaining it well but I hope you see where I am going with this. Anyway, I hope that you guys enjoy it as I explore this project.

Governor System:
So one thing that I do want to go ahead and share with everyone is something called the Governor Plan. Michael is really the person to thank for this plan, as I have amended it, but he came up with the basis for it. I recognize that today even without the United States, exclusion zones may make it hard for people to have North American nations. This is of course not going to change without the United States in the AIN because there is a consensus that the US should not be carved out anymore. So my idea to hopefully give people the opportunity is through the Governor System. Governorships are not nations, they are only a part of the RP experience of the US and they contribute to what the collaborative project which is the United States in the AIN. Governors are able to roleplay their states in response to the national government (RP'd by me) or other states. Governorships also allow the state to decide how their representatives and senators vote on bills. Not only does this help "share the wealth" with other members but also it helps to build politics as it really would be, people reacting to other people. This is all to build a better roleplay experience within the AIN. I think the Governor Plan is just another example how the US can bring an exciting new life for roleplay in the AIN.

Currently Planned Governors:

Stanislav: California
Anthony: Texas
Ramon: Florida
ulisse
Director of Infrastructure
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Siculia

Re: Project Eagle Rising

Postby ulisse » December 31st 2017, 10:09 pm

Looks interesting but I'd like to have all the United States in the Ain that see it divided into several states
Member State Since 10th December 2015
Director of Public Services From March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 - Director of Culture Since March 1, 2018 - Director of Infrastructure Since 1, 2018
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance

Postby kendallhart808 » December 31st 2017, 10:23 pm

ulisse wrote:Looks interesting but I'd like to have all the United States in the Ain that see it divided into several states

The US is still operating as a whole, I would be the federal government so to speak. People would just get the chance to Roleplay as if they were the government of that state.
Ramon
Vice President of the Alliance
Vice President of the Alliance
Nation: Santa Catarina

Postby Ramon » December 31st 2017, 10:27 pm

Looks a lot promissor! Looking forward!
Vice-President of the Alliance since March 1st, 2018
Speaker of the Alliance from March 1st, 2017 to March 1st, 2018
Need help? Send me a message!
Visit the Commonwealth of Santa Catarina!
Wiki · Forum · Ministry of International Relations
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Postby Charlie » January 1st 2018, 12:22 am

Wait so would this replace Carolina as a whole?
Image Image Image Image
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance

Postby kendallhart808 » January 1st 2018, 12:50 am

Charlie wrote:Wait so would this replace Carolina as a whole?

Yes, so if this was to pass it would replace Carolina in full.
Billy
Nation: Jarraban

Postby Billy » January 1st 2018, 5:31 am

I'm confused. Would a "new" but similar nation replace the US, or are you slotting the existing US into the AIN with some minor historical tweaks? The second and third paragraphs kinda contradict each other. Think you could probably explain the idea better.

If it's the former, I won't support replacing the world's most influential country in its entirety with something else. Carolina, Lower Columbia etc. work because they only occupy a fraction of the US landmass. This is a different beast and would mess with American and global politics, history etc. in a big, big way. You also need to consider the impact on nearby AIN members (Poemia, Acadia, K&B, LC, Marquette) and what their creators might subsequently think/feel.

If you're simply seeking to RP the United States, then I don't see the point. This is a union of unique countries. I don't see anything unique at all about slotting in a real-life nation and RP'ing with it. Not sure what the rules are about this either (could perhaps be covered by exclusion zones to an extent).

Sorry if that all seems harsh. The whole concept just seems ill-conceived and pie in the sky to me. I think you're better off sticking to Carolina and developing it further. You just invested months and months into changing/editing it's history, so why waste that effort by pursuing something else immediately afterwards? Don't intend for this to be a personal attack, but IMO you need to make a commitment one way or the other rather than flip-flopping between ideas. :)
Jarrabanian Commonwealth
Wiki | Forums | Media
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance

Postby kendallhart808 » January 1st 2018, 6:53 am

Billy wrote:I'm confused. Would a "new" but similar nation replace the US, or are you slotting the existing US into the AIN with some minor historical tweaks? The second and third paragraphs kinda contradict each other. Think you could probably explain the idea better.

If it's the former, I won't support replacing the world's most influential country in its entirety with something else. Carolina, Lower Columbia etc. work because they only occupy a fraction of the US landmass. This is a different beast and would mess with American and global politics, history etc. in a big, big way. You also need to consider the impact on nearby AIN members (Poemia, Acadia, K&B, LC, Marquette) and what their creators might subsequently think/feel.

If you're simply seeking to RP the United States, then I don't see the point. This is a union of unique countries. I don't see anything unique at all about slotting in a real-life nation and RP'ing with it. Not sure what the rules are about this either (could perhaps be covered by exclusion zones to an extent).

Sorry if that all seems harsh. The whole concept just seems ill-conceived and pie in the sky to me. I think you're better off sticking to Carolina and developing it further. You just invested months and months into changing/editing it's history, so why waste that effort by pursuing something else immediately afterwards? Don't intend for this to be a personal attack, but IMO you need to make a commitment one way or the other rather than flip-flopping between ideas. :)

So to help you out a little bit, the idea is that it is not something totally different from the United States and it is not a clear cut copy of the United States. Things like the official name, flag, government officials, some states, possibly the seal and things like that have changed. The history also is like this, it runs similar to the US timeline, but things have been done differently to make things turn out different over time. For instance, in 1832 there was something called the Nullification Crisis where South Carolina tried to nullify a tariff. Jackson responded with the Force Act, authorizing the navy and the army to collect taxes, and in our timeline SC relented. However, it would be easy for South Carolina to secede, as it does have the Marquette precedent. No Southern states are going to stand with it, and Jackson would likely easily crush any rebellion and do so harshly. The lessen is if you secede, you stand alone and it is not tolerated. This affects the US in 1860 and South Carolina or any other state is much less likely to secede and encourage others to do so. Therefore the civil war may be averted.

So using these changes, that is really my idea with regards to making the country unique, because you are totally right, the AIN is a union of unique nations. On the Carolina thing, I really don't take that personal at all, I see where you are coming from. The thing with Carolina is that while I have grown to love it, it really has only been a catalyst/smaller version of the United States. My goal is to become President of the US one day (realistic or not, I have a plan though :P) I joined this union in hopes that I could do that now. Don't get me wrong, I love Carolina, but I just feel that until I am able to have the nation that I truly won't, I will never really be happy and will always be searching for it.

I hope that I explained this well, let me know if you have any more questions/thoughts. :)
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics
Nation: Teiko

Postby jmsepe » January 1st 2018, 8:32 am

I will only agree on having US in AIN if Japan Empire, British Empire, the USSR will also be in AIN. :P
What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance

Postby kendallhart808 » January 1st 2018, 6:06 pm

Building the Identity of the New Nation
In building the identity of the new nation, I wanted to make sure that the country did two things. First, it had to be unique. However second, it needed to make sure that symbols from the United States came through this uniqueness, so that the country was not completely different.

The Name:
The official name of the new country will be...
► Show Spoiler

Why this name? Well commonwealth is an English term which means adding for the general welfare of the public. It also has been somewhat synonymous with the word "republic". The word somewhat derived from the Latin word, res republica, which in itself means common well-being.
In the 17th century the word became known to describe a system of government that derives from the people. That being said, the name fits perfect for the system of government the colonists wanted to create in 1776. I added the word "united" at the beginning to show that the commonwealth of states comes together to work with each other for the common good, as well as distinguish it from any commonwealth realms.

The Flag:
On the flag, I wanted to make sure that I kept it simple and kept it traditional. The stars and stripes are quite strong symbols of the United States,
and something that I wanted to make sure and preserve. However, I also wanted to make sure that I kept it unique, so this was the result:
► Show Spoiler

Of course the stripes represent the 13 colonies that originally formed the United States. The stars here are in a circle instead of spread out like on the American flag, and there are 51 of them, to represent 51 states (don't ask me where I'm getting them from :P). The colors have been saturated a little bit more from the real US flag, and that is to modernize it a little bit.

The Coat of Arms/Seal:
► Show Spoiler

Some a lot of you are probably like "wait a second, that looks like the real coat of arms" and you are right, it is. Besides the fact that I'm bad at COA's, it really captures the essence of the United States that I would like to keep in the new nation. The eagle is a big part of America, and it symbolizes strength. The olive branch symbolizes peace, and the arrows symbolize war. The motto, "E pluribus unum" means out of many one, and I think that's such a fitting and universal motto for the country that I would like to keep. Of course the colors in the COA were saturated to match those of the new flag.

The Motto:
So I know that I already said above that I want to use E pluribus unum as the motto of the United Commonwealth (I need to get in the habit of saying that) because it was fitting, as the states are coming together to help build a better country for their people. It also ties into the idea of a commonwealth, people coming together for the common good. E pluribus unum would actually be somewhat of a change from the United States motto. It is the de facto motto, but has fallen out of usage, with In God We Trust becoming a much more used motto. Even Wikipedia doesn't recognize it as the official motto of the US. So we are bringing it back for the United Commonwealth.

The Anthem:
So this was hard and straight forward at the same time. Without the War of 1812 (which is one part of the history), the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner could never have been written. So the quest was out to find a new song which could serve as the national anthem. The anthem's which served before the Star Spangled Banner was put in place was Hail Columbia! and My Country Tis of Thee, both which I was not entirely fond of.
Why? Well, Hail Columbia I thought was inappropriate because with Lower Columbia and then the former nations of Upper Columbia etc. the name seems to make it appear like Columbia is only synonymous with the what is IRL the northwest US and Western Canada. My Country Tis Thee was the de facto anthem of the United States until 1931, however the melody is identical to God Save the Queen. This is nothing against the UK, but I just think that countries should have different anthems. However, I found a song, written in 1910 by Katherine Lee Bates called "America the Beautiful".
Looking at the song, it seemed so fitting for the new country. Not once does it mention the United States, and it well describes the country. Therefore, the new anthem is planned to be "America the Beautiful"

Thank you all for taking the time and reading through this. I would love to hear any comments or suggestions that you guys have, so please leave a comment.
InvaderNat
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Postby InvaderNat » January 2nd 2018, 4:18 am

I really don't think this is going to work, it's far better just to keep them as they are.
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance

Postby kendallhart808 » January 5th 2018, 6:23 pm

Billy wrote:I think you're better off sticking to Carolina and developing it further. You just invested months and months into changing/editing it's history, so why waste that effort by pursuing something else immediately afterwards? Don't intend for this to be a personal attack, but IMO you need to make a commitment one way or the other rather than flip-flopping between ideas. :)

So I have really been thinking recently, especially about this quote. I think that you are right, I have put a lot of time and effort into Carolina and have finally gotten it to be in the optimal position. I have finally fixed the history, the stats, and I even got new land which wasn't my intent but it goes to show that I've really gotten a lot recently that in many aspects I don't deserve. I don't really want to throw this away, and I also want to develop Carolina further. So yeah, I'm keeping with Carolina. Let's make this a great year for Carolina and the entire AIN :) . Plus this will give me the opportunity to explore another region I've been interested in, South Africa.

Return to “United Carolinian Confederation”