Balatoni Road Signs

By Otto
Image Motto: Mi Ragyog Fényes (We Shine Bright)
Otto
Director of Public Services
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

Balatoni Road Signs

Post by Otto » September 15th 2016, 12:27 pm

HA. I can do that, too.

Kidding, here's a small sample of Balatoni Road signs though.

20 near schools, 30 in residential areas, 50 is city limit on normal roads, 80 is city limit on multi-lane roads. 100 is City limit on highways, 110 is on national roads and 150 is the highway speed limit.

All blue signs signal Highways. So, if you're on a road and suddenly the road signs turn blue, you can put your foot down. Green sign mark national roads. All Major road distance signs show the current location (Pécs or Győr in this case), first line then shows the next exit / town on this road, the line below shows where the road is going and in the third line is another destination that you can reach while staying on this road and later joining another road.

Most roads signs are yellow with a red frame, however if they are white with a red frame, something's forbidden.
No pedestrians beyond this point, Bus stop, no Parking, Yield / Give Way, Stop, Tollway ahead, Airport close-by.

Entering towns is either blue or green (depending on which road type you're on, same applies for leaving towns. (on Highways though, only major cities on the road's path are marked)
Parking, No Entry (One Way incoming), No heavy vehicles beyond this point, Railroad crossing and Pedestrian crossing.

Any other signs that are not on here are similar to other European road signs.

Last but not least, here's a typical license plate of a standard car from Győr. A stands fro standard car, B is trucks, C are transporters, D are buses, G are motorbikes, E are Electric cars. Following is a combination of numbers, and finally the city, where the plate was issued (GY - Györ, PE - Pécs, SZ - Szombathely, SF - Siofok, KV - Kaposvár, VE - Veszprém, etc.)
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Re: Balatoni Road Signs

Post by Charlie » September 15th 2016, 3:29 pm

More and more countries are joining the train! That number plate is awesome! Gives me an idea for ND ;) :P
Image Image Image Image
ulisse
Director of Infrastructure
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Siculia

Post by ulisse » September 15th 2016, 3:51 pm

These signals are fancy. That license plate I'm getting the urge to make a set for Siculia
Member State Since 10th December 2015 Director of Public Services From March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 - Director of Culture Since March 1, 2018 - Director of Infrastructure Since 1, 2018
Michael
President of the Alliance
President of the Alliance
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Post by Michael » September 15th 2016, 4:02 pm

Great signs and number plate! :) I have a few ideas for MI, I'll get them posted once my school exams are over.
Image---------------Image WikiForum-----------------------------WikiForum----

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President since 1st March 2018

Send me a message!
Otto
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

Post by Otto » September 16th 2016, 8:26 am

More Signs

Whenever there's an entriely yellow sign ahead, a construction or detour is about to come up. Yellow signs always have priority over normal streets signs until there's a yellow sign with a dotted line through it which signals the end of construction.
Detours are usually indicated like this, signaling which road is blocked / not in use for how many kilometers. Alternatives are then presented below how to avoid the construction.

Residential Zone - No entry for non residents, One way road (direction right), No stopping at any time, Road end ahead, Attention, low bridge (usually with indicated clearance), main road

Slippery when wet, No right turn, Straight and left turn only, Changes to road layout through cones, Construction ahead, End of main road, view-obstructed Traffic light ahead

Finally, here's a typical Highway exit sign. Left two lanes show where the highway continues to go to. Lowest line shows the next exit, above it the direction of the highway (Budapest in this case), and top line shows a different destination on another route ahead. The left shows the town that this exit is for (Szántód) and which National road you#re going to join when exiting the highway. (Kijárat means exit)
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Post by Charlie » September 17th 2016, 5:09 am

Very simple & elegant, nice work :P
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Balaton Republic”