Election Headquarters

Stay tuned for the nominations, latest campaign news, voting and results to elect the 13th Government of the Alliance of Independent Nations.
Nominations: 3-18 Feb Campaigning: 10-18 Feb
Voting: 19-27 Feb Results: 28 Feb
Zack

Election Headquarters

Post by Zack » February 3rd 2015, 9:17 am

[centre]Twelfth General Election of the Alliance of Independent Nations[/centre]

Nominations: 3rd - 18th February 2015
Campaigning: 10th - 18th February 2015
Voting: 19th - 27th February 2015

Thirteenth Government Term: 1st March - 31st August 2015

General Election Commissioner: Zack

Welcome to the union's Twelfth General Election! Due to the changes implemented in the Roleplay Government Reform Act, some of the positions that are up for election this month are different than they were in previous elections. Most significantly, the union ministries are being replaced with the new Alliance Agencies, so instead of running for minister offices, you have the option of running for director offices. If you're interested in running for election as an agency director, make sure you read the description of the director office you want to run for very carefully.

Structure of Election

Members who wish to run for a specific office will post below and will be added to the list of nominees for that office. If there is only one person running for an office, then "other" will be the option at the ballot, and those who vote other will have to type in the username of their choice on the ballot form. If nobody runs for a director office, a member will be assigned to it by the admins and the new Executive. You can only run for two director offices maximum.

Anyone contesting these positions is free to begin working on a campaign now, but you are not permitted to post it on the forums or have a campaign signature until 10 February at the earliest. Please ensure that you only have one signature image showing during the election period. In addition, all candidates must post a campaign manifesto at some point during the campaign period in order to appear on the ballot for the offices they are running for. Any candidate who fails to post a manifesto before campaigning ends will be automatically DISQUALIFIED and will not appear on the ballot.

For a full list of regulations governing union elections, see Title 2 of the AIN Code.

Nominations List

All nominations must be posted here, and no changes or new nominations are allowed after 9 February 2015. Lists of positions, details on the agencies and nominees are provided below. Members running for Executive Council (i.e. President, Vice President, or Speaker of the Union) offices must have been AIN members continuously since 1 September 2014 and must not hold dual membership in another union. A full list of members who are ineligible to run for those three positions is given in the next post.

Executive Council
The following three positions are the most powerful elected officials in the union. As such, any members who want to hold these positions must be active on the forums and Skype often, in order to keep the union from stagnating due to their own inactivity. Executives must also be mature individuals who will hold themselves to a higher standard of conduct and avoid getting into unnecessary disputes with other members. The executives serve as role models to the rest of the union, so they must treat all members with dignity and respect.

President of the Alliance
The President functions as the head administrator, leads the development of the forums, ensures the Senate and General Assembly run effectively, represents the union ceremonially in events, national tours and to other unions as well as making laws and consulting on the strategic direction of the AIN. Holds the power to ban members, shut the website down (temporarily) and make union addresses.

Nominees: Zack

Vice President of the Alliance
The Vice President is the head moderator, convenes and organizes union events, ensures members' welfare, oversees the running of government agencies, and assists the President when required. The Vice President also serves as Director General of the Alliance Council, and is therefore responsible for organizing meetings of the Alliance Council and assisting agency directors with events when needed. Holds the power to ban members, shut the website down (temporarily) and make union addresses.

Nominees: Otto

Speaker of the Union
Encourages people to debate in the Senate and puts bills to vote there after sufficient debate. Ensures the laws are upheld by all members and informs the Executive Council of any breaches. Oversees the General Assembly in a non-roleplay capacity, and serves as an administrator over the Senate and General Assembly forums only. The Speaker is a member of the Alliance Council due to his oversight of the General Assembly. The Speaker should not run on a ticket with the rest of the Executive and must be able to hold them accountable in a neutral manner and manage any votes of no confidence.

Nominees:

Agencies

All agency directors are members of the Alliance Council and are therefore answerable to the Vice President for the effective running for their respective agencies (as well as any agency subunits under their remit). Each agency is limited to coordinating international roleplay in its respective area of influence, and agency directors may propose only voluntary agreements between member states, although the exact form of those agreements (and the method of their formulation) is up to individual directors. Agency directors may also propose new subunits of their respective agencies through bills in the Senate.

Director of Culture (Alliance Cultural Agency)
Oversees cultural union events and helps the organizers; is responsible for all unionwide roleplay focused on the arts, culture, and sports; oversees the sporting leagues and competitions; runs the AINvision song contest; and assists the Executive Council in organizing the Union Calendar to encourage participation in events and maximize activity. The AGF Commissioner is responsible to the Director of Culture, as are all sports league directors.

Nominees: Jo

Director of Public Services (Alliance Public Services Agency)
Manages the health, education and well-being of all AIN citizens; coordinates disaster relief; is responsible for all unionwide roleplay focused on education, health, and safety; and oversees AINESCO and AINPOL.

Nominees: jmsepe

Director of Economics (Alliance Economic Agency)
Directs the union's trade and communication roleplay, manages the Bank of the Alliance and the Alliance Trade Organization, prepares the AIN budget, helps keep the AIN map up to date, and works with the wiki team to ensure that members participate. The AINSI Commissioner is responsible to the Director of Economics.

Nominees: Spy9600

Director of Infrastructure (Alliance Infrastructure Agency)
Runs the transport forums in the AIN, is responsible for all roleplay focused on transportation and utilities (including energy, water, and waste), collects data on air/land/sea routes between nations, encourages development of transportation infrastructure, and promotes the adoption of new energy and water-related technologies.

Nominees: Leandro
Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN
Zack

Re: Election Headquarters

Post by Zack » February 3rd 2015, 9:17 am

Members Ineligible to Run for Executive Council Offices

The following members have not been full members of the AIN continuously since 1 September 2014 and are therefore ineligible to run for President, Vice President or Speaker of the Union in this month's elections, in accordance with Title 1 of the AIN Code (§1.2a in particular). If you're one of these members, please don't fret. Your membership is important to us, and we hope that you'll consider running for an Executive Council office at the next general elections in August (or for one of the agency positions now, or even both).

simsamerica
Sitifranc
and any members whose applications are approved before the end of this month.

In addition, the following members are ineligible to run for executive offices due to their holding dual membership in another union:

none

Once again, the above members are still welcome (and encouraged) to run for a ministerial position in these elections. All other members are eligible for all positions and can run for whatever they wish (except for those members who formerly were blacklisted from the AIN and haven't had their restrictions lowered; you know who you are, so I won't embarrass you by listing you here).
NYHAVEN
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe » February 3rd 2015, 7:20 pm

BTW before anything else Zack, I am no longer connected to USNW.
Image What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
Otto
Director of Public Services
Director of Public Services
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

Post by Otto » February 3rd 2015, 7:42 pm

As there is a certain lack of members i believe are good enough and interested to lead this Union, i believe that Zack is the best choice.

I'll nominate Zack for President
Zack

Post by Zack » February 3rd 2015, 9:36 pm

jmsepe wrote:BTW before anything else Zack, I am no longer connected to USNW.
Thank you for clarifying that. I've removed you from the list of executive-ineligible members. You can now run for whatever you want. :)

@City_Master , if you're likewise no longer in USNW, please let me know, so I can take you off the list as well.
Otto wrote:As there is a certain lack of members i believe are good enough and interested to lead this Union, i believe that Zack is the best choice.

I'll nominate Zack for President
Under ordinary circumstances, I would decline this nomination, since it would compromise my impartiality as the Electoral Commissioner. However, you're all too right about us lacking more members who are qualified to lead the AIN. So in the absence of any other candidates, I will provisionally accept this nomination. (If a couple of qualified members volunteer to run for president, I'll withdraw my candidacy.)
NYHAVEN
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics

Post by jmsepe » February 3rd 2015, 10:36 pm

I am considering to run Zack but please give me time to think about it. I have a RL campaign too. Hahaha. Rest assured, 2015 will be a great year for AIN. ;)
Image What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

Zack

Post by Zack » February 4th 2015, 12:26 am

No worries; you have a week to decide, so take your time. :)
NYHAVEN
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Post by Charlie » February 4th 2015, 9:08 am

I think it's safe to say I'm no longer a member at USNW, there's no one there to report my leaving to lol :P

I may think about running for a position, although I'll see how much time i'll be able to devote to it with my uni course starting next week.
Image Image Image Image
Zack

Post by Zack » February 9th 2015, 2:46 am

Come on, folks. Nominations close in one day, and nobody else has volunteered to run for anything. We're not going to function effectively as a union if nobody wants to serve in our government. If you want AIN to keep going, you need to stop waiting for other members to volunteer for government offices and volunteer yourself.

If need be, I'll extend the nomination period to overlap with the campaign period, but I'd prefer not to. Please, if you want to contribute to the union, nominate yourself for an office.
NYHAVEN
Spy9600
Nation: Atlantic Federation

Post by Spy9600 » February 9th 2015, 4:27 am

Well, given the tough moment we are going through with elections, I guess I could serve as Director of Economics once more. Especially after my extended periods probing our wiki and renewed ideas in mind.

I'll nominate myself to Director of Economics.
InvaderNat
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Post by InvaderNat » February 9th 2015, 4:47 am

I'd like to re-nominate myself for Director of Infrastructure
Zack

Post by Zack » February 9th 2015, 4:54 am

Thank you both for stepping up. I've added your names to the list of candidates.

We still have four offices with no candidates at all, including two executive offices (VP and Speaker). If you have any interest at all in any of these four offices, nominate yourself now. (Also, note that members can serve as director of up to two agencies at the same time, so if you really want to, you can run for two director offices.)
NYHAVEN
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics

Post by jmsepe » February 9th 2015, 5:13 am

I nominate myself for Public Sevice. Lets start small shall we? :)

Leandro
Nation: Galbadia

Post by Leandro » February 9th 2015, 5:30 am

I would apply to the director of infrastructure or public services, because I think that would be the unique areas that I have some knowledge and could contribute, though both already have candidates,the other areas or would be of great responsibility which I think would I not be able to do or are areas that I do not own knowledge.
Zack

Post by Zack » February 9th 2015, 5:31 am

You're always welcome to run against the existing candidate for one or both offices. It'd be nice to not have all uncontested elections this time. :P
NYHAVEN

Return to “Twelfth General Election”