The Journal of Nyanga

by IRE505
Image Motto: Liberté, unité, faculté (Freedom, unity, power)
IRE505

Re: The Journal of Nyanga

Post by IRE505 » December 29th 2014, 8:51 pm

@Thomas , Thank you! Glad you liked it! I changed that to a bridge now.

[centre]Mayumba CBD Update & Expansions
Today's update is part official and part un-official. I finished the new CBD for Mayumba and am very pleased with the results, also included is a labelled picture of all the major company HQ's, parks and roads located in the CBD.[/centre]
[centre]Image

Seen Below is the Nyanganese Governmental District, located on the south eastern border of the city, just outside the rich areas. Here the presidents office is found along with the newly constructed exclusive AIN embassy complex as well as the main governmental building complex, where the parliament and all the ministry offices are located. The government building complex is fully secure by having a 9ft electric fence surroundingn the perimeter, restricted access through the security gates and with the Special Police Force, FGP patrolling the complex 24/7. The Presidents office has similar security features.

Finally to end with another picture showing how Mayumba is coming along. The large slum in the centre has grown substantially, as well as the farm land along the motorway exciting the city. The main pieces that changed; the government district and the centre city area.[/centre]

[centre]I hope you had a very Happy Christmas and a have a Happy New Year from Nyanga!
[/centre]
InvaderNat
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Post by InvaderNat » December 29th 2014, 10:00 pm

That government area looks cool, very realistic too.

I think you have some missing dependencies in the last photo though. :lol:
IRE505

Post by IRE505 » December 29th 2014, 10:11 pm

InvaderNat wrote:That government area looks cool, very realistic too.

I think you have some missing dependencies in the last photo though. :lol:
Thank you!
Actually it's a weird glitch with the dependencies, at a certain zoom level they disapear and turn to that rainbow colour (I don't even have the mod that makes missing dependencies turn rainbow), but when you zoom in they're fine.
Fox
Nation: Illium

Post by Fox » December 30th 2014, 6:05 am

Development of the city is looking really nice. Can't wait to see more of the open space filled in.
Coming soon, new information.
Gregor
Nation: Oka & Malerno

Post by Gregor » December 30th 2014, 9:40 am

Excellent development! the city is in a good shape since the last time I saw it, well done ;)
_____________ Image Oka City AIN Cultural Capital 2018
Piterdaw1

Post by Piterdaw1 » December 30th 2014, 11:38 am

Great work, I especially like the general view ;)
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Post by Charlie » December 30th 2014, 12:59 pm

Love the look of the CBD, and the government area looks very realistic, nice work! :D
Image Image Image Image
IRE505

Post by IRE505 » December 30th 2014, 2:25 pm

[centre]Image[/centre]
Recent Heavy Rains have caused severe flooding in the low lying areas surrounding Mayumba. One of the few dry areas is the Central Business District, which is situated on its raised peninsular and by having a number of storm drains, the rain water has been able to be drained out to sea. The worst affected area is the old port and the resort areas in the south, they are the lowest lying areas on the coast adding to the fact the tide has been very high recently meant that most of the buildings had to be evacuated. The M1/N42 junction is closed due to a river which has burst its banks and flooded a large section of the N42 and some of the M1, this will cause long delays to people entering and exciting the city, putting strain on the smaller roads.
[centre]Thank you for the comments, and have a Happy New Year!![/centre]
Fox
Nation: Illium

Post by Fox » December 30th 2014, 11:03 pm

Great editing, yet sad news ..
Coming soon, new information.
IRE505

Post by IRE505 » December 31st 2014, 2:19 pm

@Fox thanks, this weather came as a surprise to the Nyanganese because this heavy rain starts around February, it's usually nice and sunny at this time of year.

An issue has arisen now that Ying has left and Histalpol is no longer in existence. Histalpol was the first colonisers of Nyanga, but now that it has left I do not know what I should do. There isn't really many choices, because France had taken most of the area and I cannot have them as the only colonisers as then Nyanga being independent from Gabon wouldn't make much sense. My other choices are having Portugal, Germany, Belgium, England or another AIN nation to colonise Nyanga.

I would also like to know would I have to let this change in history go to voting or could I just change it myself?

Thank You.
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » December 31st 2014, 10:28 pm

It looks fantastic! Great work - I'm particularly impressed by the government district and the general view of that western district, the stadium fits in well to the overall atmosphere in that part of town.

In terms of the legislation, you'd be looking at the Major National Changes Act 2013, which from my interpretation makes no mention of major historic changes (unless I need glasses in my old age). So you should be fine changing your history.

I would offer Cattala up as assistance but by 1846 we pledged allegiance to Victoria and her lion, not the eagle of Celeste. At a stretch we could offer a private commercial-crown venture between Cattala's rich-but-castrated monarchy and another European power/North American corporation wanting to extract certain riches through a coastal colony (think East India Company style). :)
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
IRE505

Post by IRE505 » January 1st 2015, 9:29 pm

Thank you very much! You've been a great follower of Nyanga and you always come out with great comments or constructive criticism! Thank you!

That does sound interesting. And it would also give a good reason for hatred of imperialism and capitalism! Then Nyanga could have one of those commie revolutionist party's making its way through the government :P I wonder though how would France regain control over the area? With the current history, Histalpol's Empire collapsed in 1900 and it was put into French West Africa.
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » January 1st 2015, 9:50 pm

Well the Celestine's retook the Crown of Cattala in the 1918/9 War of Independence. France might seek to claw the territory from the eagle whilst it's distracted with its own guerrilla war. Or, if you want it in 1900, just offer to buy it off them - the Celestine's needed money and weapons to rearm themselves against Italy.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
IRE505

Post by IRE505 » February 16th 2015, 8:26 pm

Sadly my disk copy of SC4 had had a small crack in it for about a year and just today it dropped on the floor and completely cracked all the way through to make it unusable.
[centre]RIP Simcity 4 Disk, June 2012 - February 2015[/centre]
Haha, just thought I'd let you all know!

I have activated it on Steam, but would like to know does everything work the exact same as before, like do all the mods work (like game launchers) in case something is known to cause a crash or lose data! Thanks
Spy9600
Nation: Atlantic Federation

Post by Spy9600 » February 16th 2015, 8:49 pm

Well I have a working SC4 ROM but I bought it on steam either way because the ROM I had was already the second copy in 5 years. When I installed the Steam version and all, it threw me to the version I had already installed, because the folder where the mods are do not get affected by new installations (it's in my documents). You might have a problem with nighttime shots, but maybe not, apparently they thought of it in the Steam version too.

Return to “Nyangan Free State”