AIN Alliance Ice Championship 2012

Read up on all of the AIN's past sporting events and leagues in here.

Moderator: Director of Culture

mayorm
Nation: Marquette

Re: AIN Alliance Ice Championship 2012

Postby mayorm » June 29th 2012, 5:44 am

Ok so I have all the teams created, and into NHL 12. Tomorrow and over the weekend I will put the teams into their pools, work on scheduling and will finalize the rosters :)

But first I thought I would let you all preview your jerseys, any Tampa Bay Lightning fans may recognize our model: (also I apologize for some of the low quality its past midnight and took these with my bad camera)

First Up our host Linktoria:
Home

Away

Next the only African country with hockey Orange Free State:
Home

Away

The lovely Cattala (any Notre Dame fans will may see some similarities)
Home

Away

Asgard
Home

Away

Shushtrepistaz
Home

Away

Shawland
Home

Away

Tirnreich is ready to go
Home

Away

Hokkodo
Home

Away

Torglavia
Home

Away

Matinenda
Home

Away

Ascadylea
Home

Away

And last but not least, the Republic of Marquette
Home

Away

I apologize for the length of this post :) let me know what you think of your jerseys
Last edited by mayorm on June 29th 2012, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waterclaw

Postby Waterclaw » June 29th 2012, 7:24 am

Me like!
Fox
Nation: Illium

Postby Fox » June 29th 2012, 8:36 am

They look awesome!

Great effort.
Coming soon, new information.
Simul8ter8

Postby Simul8ter8 » June 29th 2012, 1:36 pm

I LOVE my uniforms!!! GREAT JOB!!!
JJ
Nation: Ascadylea

Postby JJ » June 29th 2012, 1:49 pm

this is shaping up to be a great event! Good job! And I love Ascadylea's Uniforms
[centre]Image[/centre]
Wacky32

Postby Wacky32 » June 29th 2012, 5:48 pm

I LOVE IT! Go Linktoria! :D
HAHA! The fun has been doubled!
mayorm

Postby mayorm » July 1st 2012, 12:15 am

Thanks for the comments guys :) I'm glad everyone likes thier jerseys. So with that done lets get down to the format of the tournament.

Teams will play a round robin schedule this week (see schedule below), then the 2 teams with the best records will recieve a bye to the 4 team brackett, the other 4 teams will play a single game to get into the 4 team brackett, with the losers of that game being sent home. The brackett will then play out and the winners of each group will play for the trophy. With that said here is the round robin schedule:

Monday Group A
Marquette vs Orange Free State
Cattala vs Matinenda
Tirnreich vs Shawland

Group B
Torglavia vs Ascadylea
Linktoria vs Hokkodo
Asgard vs Shushtrepistaz

Tuesday Group A
Marquette vs Shawland
Cattala vs. Orange Free State
Tirnreich vs Matinenda

Group B
Torglavia vs Hokkodo
Linktoria vs Shushtrepistaz
Asgard vs Ascadylea

Wedsday Group A
Marquette vs Matinenda
Cattala vs Tirnreich
Shawland vs Orange Free State

Group B
Torglavia vs Asgard
Linktoria vs Ascadylea
Hokkodo vs Shushtrepistaz

Thurday Group A
Marquette vs Cattala
Orange Free State vs Tirnreich
Matinenda vs Shawland

Group B
Torglavia vs Linktoria
Asgard vs Hokkodo
Ascadylea vs Shushtrepistaz

Friday Group A
Marquette vs Tirnreich
Cattala vs Shawland
Orange Free State vs Matinenda

Group B
Torglavia vs Shushtrepistaz
Linktoria vs Asgard
Ascadylea vs Hokkodo
Fox

Postby Fox » July 1st 2012, 2:38 am

Cool.. looks like there will be some interesting matches.. can't wait to see results.
Waterclaw

Postby Waterclaw » July 1st 2012, 10:25 am

Lol, I get a brake from Hokkodo
Simul8ter8

Postby Simul8ter8 » July 1st 2012, 1:37 pm

Lol... I'm calling it now! Hokkodo vs Shawland in the nock out rounds
mayorm

Postby mayorm » July 3rd 2012, 2:52 am

Opening day of the tournament saw some great action, with an upset and a few expectations reached. Scores below:

Group A
Marquette 3 vs Orange Free State 1
Marquette was outshot 15 to 20 by Orange Free State but was able to take advantage of Orange Free State's poor defense and was able to score 3 goals to open the tournament with a win. Orange Free State did show potential though with thier offense and did have thier chances resulting in a goal off a defelection in from of Marquette's net. Orange Free State was 0/1 on the powerplay and despite outshooting Marquette was not able to find the back of the net as Neiderbergger stood on his head for Marquette.
Notes: OFS shots 20- MRQ shots 15, OFS 0/1 pp, MRQ goal 6:47 p1 Kruetzer (Murphy, James), MRQ goal 12:49 p2 Bazany (Kaufman), OFS goal 14:46 p2 Boyer (Fischhaber, Labruyere), MRQ goal 2:28 p3 Murphy (James, Holland), MRQ Roughing Minor 4:14 p2 Hedlund

Cattala 1 vs Matinenda 2
Matinenda jump out from the start of the game, and put pressure on Cattala from the beginning. However it was Cattala scoring first off of a beautiful passing play which gave them life in the first period, however Matinenda was able to tie it up just seconds before the end of the period. It would remain tied, with more even play which sent the game to overtime. Overtime didn't last too long though as Matinenda was able to fire a goal past Ravanii for the win and upset of Cattala.
Notes: CAT shots 11- MAT shots 19, CAT 0/1pp, CAT goal 11:54 p1 Tamarra (Di Nicola, Ciroi) MAT goal 19:53 p1 Crowder, MAT Boarding Minor :39 Crowder, MAT goal 1:24 ot Daigle (Mika), Matinenda dominated play early, battle of defense

Tirnreich 3 vs Shawland 1
Tirnreich showed an impressive display of offense, outshooting Shawland 15-12. Tirnreich's offense was carried by a two goal night for Justin Hoggan and his linemates. Shawland was able to salvage a goal but was dominated by Tirnreich for much of the game. Tirnreich also out hit Shawland registering 10 hits during the game, and let Shawland know they were here to play.
Notes: TRN shots 15- Shw shots 12, TRN goal 4:13 p1 Hoggan, TRN goal 4:07 p2 Laliberte (Schmidt, Furchner), SHW goal 7:53 p2 Karjalainen, TRN goal 19:53 p3 Hoggan (Schmidt, Ulmer), Hoggan 2 goals.

Group B
Torglavia 2 vs Ascadylea 3
Torglavia and Ascadylea would play the most even game of the tournament so far, despite Ascadylea having an advantage in shots. Ascadylea would score first in the contest but would give up thier lead in the last minute of the first period. Torglavia came out in the second period with a mucher tougher, hard hitting style of play, and would end up drawing a penalty, which Ascadylea was able to take advantage of. Both of the teams would end up going into overtime tied at 2 a piece and with 2 seconds left in ot Ascadylea punched the puck into the net to win.
Notes: TOR shots 14- ADA shots 22, ADA goal 9:52 p1 Varlamov (Eliuk), TOR goal 19:37 p1 Tvrdik (Pabiska, Sluka), TOR Penalty 9:40 Roughing Hyka, ADA pp goal p2 Sharov (Arkatov, Tvrdik), ADA goal 16:42 p3 Bobyk, ADA goal ot 4:58 Varlamov

Linktoria 1 vs Hokkodo 0
All 50,000 seats at the Redbird Dome were filled for the hometown team Linktoria. Linktoria shut out Hokkodo in front of a very loud, and roudy crowd who had been chanting since the warmups. Despite Linktoria's advantage in shots, Hokkodo had many quality chances, but Linktoria's defense was able to keep them off the board.
Notes: HOK shots 12- LNK shots 17, LNK goal 16:33 p1 Lottner

Asgard 3 vs Shushtrepistaz 1
Asgard and Shushtrepitaz went at it from the start in a very rough game. Asgard dominated in the offensive catagory, but had to work for thier goals, and took a few bruises as Shushtrepistaz dominated the physicality, registering 18 hits and taking two penalties. Shushtrepistaz also showed their penalty killing squad was a good as predicted keeping Asgard from scoring on their two powerplays. But Asgard got the all important win in the end.
Notes: ASD shots 22- STP shots 13, STP goal 13:26 p1 Saga (Kato, Aizawa), ASD goal 15:54 p1 Marczak (Janicki, Rogalski), STP Interference minor 5:48 Tamura, ASD goal 9:03 p3 Grzelak (Bednarz, Lewandowski), ASD goal 19:35 p3 Kaszuba (Banasik, Reszczyk) ASD 0/2 pp

Pictures will be posted tomorrow morning
forthwall

Postby forthwall » July 3rd 2012, 2:59 am

Good Game!
[centre]ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ Ace will be here
Image[/centre]
Simul8ter8

Postby Simul8ter8 » July 3rd 2012, 3:01 am

Only team not to score! Facepalm... Better luck tomorrow.
Waterclaw

Postby Waterclaw » July 3rd 2012, 3:16 am

3-1 loss. Wait... *go's back to see skill numbers* Darn it team, you don't party before the match, you party after.
Fox

Postby Fox » July 3rd 2012, 3:29 am

Very unexpected win.. woo!

Looks like even if you come up against a better team, they can always have an off day.

Return to “Sports Archive”