Alliance Presidential Awards - January 2014

The annual award ceremony hosted by your incumbent president!
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Alliance Presidential Awards - January 2014

Postby RedAurora » January 2nd 2014, 2:11 am

[centre]Image[/centre]

All right, everyone! It is now time to give out presidential awards once again! :party:

C'est moi, Emir! Le president de l'AIN! Once again, our union has had an amazing year filled with crises, old members, new members, memes, music videos, cheezburgers, and more! Tonight, we have 18 awards to give out to the patriots of this union! From nationalists to centrists, from chocolate-lovers to broccoli-eaters, from movie-goers to stay-at-homers, right now all that matters is we are AIN members!

At this moment, I will stop ranting and start giving out les awards!
:party:

[centre]---[/centre]

Our first award goes to one of our most active members in the union! Not only does he comment on almost every topic every day, providing his valuable insight on everything from city-building to roleplay affairs, he also does a fantastic job of maintaining our wiki! And it is the last part for which I wish to acknowledge him and give him the following award:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The second award goes to a member who has a wide range of expertise; I noticed that his expertise is especially apparent when it comes to SC4 and computer graphics. While we have yet to see more of his in-game work, he has already awed us with the amazing logos and other graphics that he has made so far, and for that I'd like to hand him the award below:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Next, we have a veteran member who has been here longer than most of us. Then, and now, he has been an extremely helpful member with a great amount of knowledge on government and diplomacy. So much so that his small country has been one of the most influential nations in the Alliance. His never-ending knowledge on politics has inspired me in the past, and has now prompted me to give this award:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

While this member isn't really known for his involvement in politics, he still possesses the spirit of a diplomat in that he is very open-minded and eager to experience many different cultures. In addition, he knows a lot about architecture; his worst building design is about 1000x better than my best one! I would like to honour him by presenting him with the following award:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The next award isn't for a person, but for a CJ. While our alliance is proud of having a number of great CJs, this one really caught my eye this year. Each entry in this CJ is truly splendid work; it is such an excellent journal that even the most mundane and everyday scenes look gorgeous and bring me great envy. The wonderful author of this CJ can claim his prize below:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The award below is for a person who is the real-life version of "I like trains!". His loco-for-locomotives interest in the rail industry is really apparent because that's what his AIN nation is known for! While his expertise obviously extends way beyond trains, I think that the award below was the most appropriate one that I could give this recipient:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Next up, we have the funniest member awards. I think that two members from different regions have been equally funny this year, and therefore I've ended up splitting the award into two.

First is the amazing CJer whose name is now associated with Antarctica and penguins due to his initiation of Alliance nations' claims in Antarctica. Whether it's his nation on the world stage, or his memes in the comics thread, this member walks and talks like a boss. His in-game abilities are always greatly appreciated, but so are his side remarks, which is why I give the following award to him:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Second, we have a member who also has commendable in-game abilities, and who also posts occasional funny memes and comments. Although his name isn't as associated with penguins, this member can tell you a lot about Latin, whether that's Latin America or Latin Europe. Even though he's from frosty northern Europe, his life seems to revolve around the sunny Central America. And for that, he gets this award:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Now is the time to present the award to the member who could have been presenting this ceremony himself had certain circumstances not taken place. This member also knows a lot about politics and diplomacy as well as site administration. Outside of his admin duties, he is one of the several advocates of thorium-based nuclear energy in the forums, hence why he receives the award below:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Here is another veteran member of this site. Based on his homeland and age, he might be the only member in the Alliance to have lived in the Soviet Union at the time that it existed. Likewise, this member's nation will most likely be ground zero for AIN's version of a Cold War. But I personally think that his mastery of "trowing" in his own version of English eclipses everything else. So he's getting this award:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The following member is a rather new member. However, he has already become an expert in roleplay and Alliance journalism. Several awards that I could give him would be "Most Improved CJer", "Alliance Landscaper" and "Alliance Conspiracist". But I was especially impressed by the massive trade that he has recently conducted with multiple nations, which is why I decided to give him an unofficial position such as this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

We have another new member! This person has also made several jokes and memes so far, and he has also entered the world of Alliance trade. But given that he has one of the only two Scandinavian countries in AIN, I figured it would be best to present him with something like this:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This member has one of the most powerful nations in the AIN, yet he hasn't nuked or invaded any country yet. That is exactly what I would like to focus on. Even though he has a different ministry position in the Alliance, international relations is also one of his strong suits. He is definitely not the only member with expertise in diplomacy, but I think that his efforts to work with all members and their roleplay nations need to be awarded. So...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Next, we have a member who works very hard and who has an expertise in almost every field that you can imagine. You can ask him any type of question and he'll probably give you the answer that you're looking for within 24 hours. Even though he is not a very old member, he has worked his way to become one of the most important members. I'd like to give him this unofficial honorary position as a way of thanking him for his fantastic work:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This is a member who easily qualifies for other awards such as "funniest member" or "amazing CJer"; unfortunately, not everyone can be those. But that doesn't at all mean that he is not getting an award. Like one of the earlier members, this member has a great sense of cross-culturalism. He regularly contributes to the music section on the forums, and that is why I would like to present him with this award:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The following member has done, and is doing great service to this union. Not only is he a minister, he also has a great journal, an excellent news section and likes to help out members a lot. He works a lot with statistics and constantly improves his nation's statistics to make it more realistic. He also helps other nations with their statistics. This award has his name written all over it:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

What do you get when you combine an amazing European-style CJer, a regular-basis wiki writer, and a potential economist? Well, you get this guy. Not only that, he runs a football league in his nation which he regularly updates with scores and other statistics. He is one of the few sportsmen in the Alliance, and therefore he got this award:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I almost forgot making an award for this member. In addition to having beautiful SC4 work, this member is really good at graphics. His logos and maps are masterpieces, and I'd really like to see more of them in the future. In order to acknowledge his past work, and perhaps inspire him to make more such work in the future, I'd like to give him the award below:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And that's it! Thank you all for coming, and good night! :D
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Will

Re: Alliance Presidential Awards - January 2014

Postby Will » January 2nd 2014, 2:20 am

Congrats to everyone who got an award! :D

Thanks for my award, Emir, although I don't know if I'm that much of an expert at everything, but I'll claim it anyway! :P
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Postby Charlie » January 2nd 2014, 3:01 am

What a ceremony! :D
I'm honoured to be the One-Man Census Bureau, thank you! :party:
Image Image Image Image
IRE505

Postby IRE505 » January 2nd 2014, 3:24 am

Whoo Hoo for awards!! :party: :party:
I will graciously accept this wonderful award of trade minister! Thank you! :D
InvaderNat
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Postby InvaderNat » January 2nd 2014, 5:23 am

Thank you Supreme leader. :bow: Truly, your handsome chubbiness is unmatched. :lol: I had heard you were Turkish, but I see you are in fact Korean. Forgive me. :P

I'm planning on getting some more logos and stuff done this year. I got Neu Westfalen's groundwork done, now for the actual designing and building. And don't forget AINVision, I plan to make it the prettiest one ever! :D

P.S. Love the new icons by our name tags. 8)
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 2nd 2014, 5:31 am

InvaderNat wrote:Thank you Supreme leader. :bow: Truly, your handsome chubbiness is unmatched. :lol: I had heard you were Turkish, but I see you are in fact Korean. Forgive me. :P

I'm planning on getting some more logos and stuff done this year. I got Neu Westfalen's groundwork done, now for the actual designing and building. And don't forget AINVision, I plan to make it the prettiest one ever! :D

P.S. Love the new icons by our name tags. 8)

...I can't quite find a reason to execute you, but I'm seriously annoyed by you confusing me for a Korean guy. :envy: Why don't you follow those two nice gentlemen with Uzi's? :devil:

*watches as Nat goes outside and is promptly executed* :devil: oops... training accident

jk :P It's great news that you're going to make more logos and more "stuff"! :P Hope to see them soon.
Kevin
Nation: Corraile

Postby Kevin » January 2nd 2014, 7:03 am

Gee, thanks Mr President! As a symbol of my gratitude, let it be known that from now on you'll enjoy free orthodontics and dentistry throughout Corraile, courtesy of the Federal Government. After all, we don't want that jaw to keep getting serious injury from all that dropping :P

But seriously, thank you! Now you have another reason not to nuke us.
[centre]Image[/centre]
[centre]Image Image Image Image Image[/centre]
Otto
Director of Public Services
Director of Public Services
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

Postby Otto » January 2nd 2014, 7:07 am

CHOO CHOO!

Just lost it when seeing my avatar's subtitle... :D
YingBlanc

Postby YingBlanc » January 2nd 2014, 12:13 pm

CONGRATS TO EVERYBODY :3 Thanks for the wiki award ^_^
Hiigar
Nation: Hiigara

Postby Hiigar » January 2nd 2014, 2:29 pm

Me not comprende :P Great awards
Piterdaw1

Postby Piterdaw1 » January 2nd 2014, 3:15 pm

Team Manager! How nice! Thank you for the award :)
Kruness

Postby Kruness » January 2nd 2014, 7:37 pm

OMG I GOT AN AWARD!!!!
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 2nd 2014, 7:42 pm

Kruness wrote:OMG I GOT AN AWARD!!!!
[gif of horrible monstrous toddler]

OH GOD-- NOT HONEY BOO BOO :tmi: :shake:

You're welcome. :P But please take her away. D: :sweat:
Kruness

Postby Kruness » January 2nd 2014, 7:44 pm

no!

:devil:
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 2nd 2014, 7:48 pm

Courtesy of Shub's Google Images searches... ;)

Return to “Presidential Awards 2014”