World Cup | Third Place Playoff

The first ever Alliance World Cup! The alliance's biggest and upcoming football teams will battle it out to determine who is the world champion!
Otto
Director of Public Services
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

World Cup | Third Place Playoff

Postby Otto » January 25th 2014, 7:54 pm

[centre]Image

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Image[/centre]

Thank you very much for your anticipation. Tomorrow we will conclude this World Cup with the Final, Kingston and Boyce against Cattala. Good night!
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Re: World Cup | Third Place Playoff

Postby RedAurora » January 25th 2014, 8:08 pm

OW, SNAP! :lol: :lol:

What's that I hear? :o It's the crunching of the Neu Westfailure spirit! :devil: OW HELL YEAH! :devil: :devil:

It's a glorious day when Neu Westfalen is burnt in football. ]:)

Great job to New Duveland! :D Can't wait for the Cattala-K&B game!
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Postby Thomas » January 25th 2014, 8:16 pm

Wow, that was comprehensive.

Just like Cattala's victory will be.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
InvaderNat
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Postby InvaderNat » January 25th 2014, 8:54 pm

I stopped reading about half way, that is an uncharacteristically rubbish game to be frank. I don't buy that we would have lost 5-0 to New Duveland, |( I think the simulation must have got a bit wack there. I mean where the heck did this come from? :^) Considering the performances of our previous games I don't understand why we are suddenly so useless against a team that should be an even match... :geek:
Otto

Postby Otto » January 25th 2014, 9:00 pm

Nat, Trust me, i was in the same sort of disbelief when reading the score my simulator (Football Manager) gave me.

And there are days when teams have a complete blackout. It happens.
InvaderNat

Postby InvaderNat » January 25th 2014, 9:05 pm

Ottoh11 wrote:Nat, Trust me, i was in the same sort of disbelief when reading the score my simulator (Football Manager) gave me.

And there are days when teams have a complete blackout. It happens.

Yeah I suppose, never mind. That useless ex-Neu Westphallian team better apply for New Holland citizenship, cause they ain't coming back here. :lol:
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 25th 2014, 9:35 pm

I'll ask this again: Is Sainte-Croix the only nation that isn't bummed over its loss in the World Cup? :P For one thing, our football players have come home and are being treated like heroes! :party: :party:

The players even have their very own refrigerators and TVs now. :party: :party: (USSR/North Korea reference)
InvaderNat

Postby InvaderNat » January 25th 2014, 10:08 pm

Emir wrote:I'll ask this again: Is Sainte-Croix the only nation that isn't bummed over its loss in the World Cup? :P For one thing, our football players have come home and are being treated like heroes! :party: :party:

But Football is our National sport, if we can't win anything in that...well...yeah...it sucks. :doh: :lol:

Emir wrote:The players even have their very own refrigerators and TVs now. :party: :party: (USSR/North Korea reference)

You're on a slippery slope towards Western decadence Sainte-Croix. :O They should be happy with eating Turnips and nothing more. :lol:
Otto

Postby Otto » January 25th 2014, 10:12 pm

I wonder why Sainte Croix' players are treated like heroes after blowing up a 3-0 lead to lose in the quarter finals. I mean, i'd actually rather choke in a meaningless third place playoff than midway through a meaningful quarterfinal.
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 25th 2014, 10:20 pm

Ottoh11 wrote:I wonder why Sainte Croix' players are treated like heroes after blowing up a 3-0 lead to lose in the quarter finals. I mean, i'd actually rather choke in a meaningless third place playoff than midway through a meaningful quarterfinal.

We're just lucky we had that lead in the quarterfinal in the first place. :P We think 3-4 is a much less humiliating loss than, say, 0-4. :P

InvaderNat wrote:You're on a slippery slope towards Western decadence Sainte-Croix. :O They should be happy with eating Turnips and nothing more. :lol:

I know, right? D: Why can't the Croisian public accept Stalinism and be happy with it? ;( It's such a shame...
Otto

Postby Otto » January 25th 2014, 10:25 pm

if you have a lead, you better not blow it by acting absolutely arrogant and massively-cocked. because that is a much more humiliating loss than having a bad day. And still, much rather i would want to lose badly, like 4-0 or 5-0, because that is much easier to "swallow" than having a comfortable lead that puts you with 1.5 legs into the next round and losing because you gave up midway. I guess that hurts ten times more.
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 25th 2014, 10:30 pm

Ottoh11 wrote:if you have a lead, you better not blow it by acting absolutely arrogant and massively-cocked. because that is a much more humiliating loss than having a bad day. And still, much rather i would want to lose badly, like 4-0 or 5-0, because that is much easier to "swallow" than having a comfortable lead that puts you with 1.5 legs into the next round and losing because you gave up midway. I guess that hurts ten times more.

I think you're going overboard a little, Otto. :P It obviously wasn't my decision, it was your simulator machine in reality and your own story.

But a 4-0 loss is humiliating because that says that the other team is so much better than you that they destroy you while you can't hit them back. If it's 4-3, though, it means you hit them back too, but they were just a little stronger than you. Or at least that's what the score itself would imply... :P
InvaderNat

Postby InvaderNat » January 25th 2014, 11:16 pm

To be honest I'd rather lose like SCX did, 5-0 was just humiliating for a Bronze final match... :worried:
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Postby Thomas » January 25th 2014, 11:26 pm

Emir wrote:I'll ask this again: Is Sainte-Croix the only nation that isn't bummed over its loss in the World Cup? :P For one thing, our football players have come home and are being treated like heroes! :party: :party:

The players even have their very own refrigerators and TVs now. :party: :party: (USSR/North Korea reference)

Cattala's team haven't arrived back yet. :P
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 25th 2014, 11:53 pm

Maybe because you're still in the World Cup? :P

Return to “Alliance World Cup 2014”