Zack | President of the Alliance

The votes have been collated and the results are in for the election of the 9th Government of the Alliance of Independent Nations!
Zack

Zack | President of the Alliance

Post by Zack » August 18th 2013, 9:06 pm

[center]Image[/center]
Once again, I stand before you (metaphorically, anyway) as the only candidate for our union's highest office. I hope that over the past five-and-a-half months, my service as your president has been as beneficial for you as it has been for me. I have tried, to the best of my ability, to keep the promises I made six months ago in my first campaign, and I believe that I have largely succeeded. Let's review what those promises were, shall we?
Six months ago, I wrote:Perhaps our greatest strength as a union is that we allow our members to implement whatever ideology and political system they like in their countries. Ultimately, this tolerance is proof that we as a union respect not only our member states' sovereignty, but also one another's personal views and preferences. It is my firm conviction that these principles must remain central to us if we are to survive and prosper as a union for years to come, and as president of this union, I will make it my aim to safeguard these principles and ensure that they are followed at every level of union government and administration.
Over the last six months, we've welcomed several new member states into the AIN, many with vastly different government and economic systems in their countries. Each one that has stayed with us in that time has been allowed all the freedom they've needed to pursue their chosen national designs, and in my second term, I intend to keep that freedom going. Now that we have the General Assembly, maintaining that freedom is more important than ever, as this new assembly can be used to seriously impact national policy. Therefore, I plan to work with my fellow government officials to put practical limits on just how much a General Assembly bill can interfere with national sovereignty. While I support limiting GA influence to voluntary treaties (which, as Emir's child rights treaty has demonstrated, can succeed without being binding on all AIN members), I remain open to possibly allowing some mandatory bills through the GA, depending on the circumstances.
Six months ago, I wrote:In addition, I will do my very best to keep members from being mistreated by others simply because of personal disagreements, whether past or present. "Treat others as you want them to treat you" is key to my personal relationships, and I intend to make it a guiding principle of how all of us interact with one another, including how I and the AIN's other admins and moderators deal with interpersonal issues here.
While I have had my share of differences with some of our members, I believe that, overall, I have succeeded in keeping this campaign promise. I haven't been afraid to reverse my position on the punishment of some members when those punishments turned out to be in error (while not second-guessing myself on the more reasonable punishments), an attribute that I believe has served both me and the entire union well during my tenure as president. Furthermore, I have helped some of you get along better with your fellow union members, thus enhancing the overall union experience for more of you. In my second term, I plan to continue with these practices as much as possible.
Six months ago, I wrote:I plan on working with the Speaker of Parliament (whoever he turns out to be) on putting together a unified, organized code of all the AIN laws currently in effect. This code of laws, which I envision as being similar to the United States Code, would be organized by topic into a series of titles, each of which would itself be subdivided into chapters containing the individual laws. If the speaker and I uncover any contradictory or unclear laws as we put together the AIN Code (as I am tentatively calling it), we would draft a new law to replace the old ones and present it to Parliament for the union's approval. As each title of the code is completed, it will be turned into an AIN Wiki article and protected against unauthorized editing. When finished, the AIN Code would serve as a convenient reference tool for any member who wants to check on the legal status of any subject or action.
This promise is the only one that I haven't completely fulfilled in my first term. Because of the large number of laws that we have passed throughout the AIN's history, and the many different topics those laws have covered, building the AIN Code has been much more challenging than I expected when I introduced it in my first campaign. However, I am still committed to making it a reality, even if it takes my entire second term (and even longer) to finish it. With help from Emir and my fellow executives, I intend to leave AIN with an enduring, consistent, and accessible record of all the laws we have ever passed, however long it takes to complete it.

That concludes my manifesto. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them! :)
Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Re: Zack | President of the Alliance

Post by RedAurora » August 18th 2013, 9:27 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Brilliant! Full support (as was last time)! :D
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Will

Re: Zack | President of the Alliance

Post by Will » August 19th 2013, 6:58 am

Looks great Zack! As long as you can be active, no problems from me! :)

Return to “Ninth General Election”