Mont-Papillon, Pourpre Islands

by Emir
Image Motto: La liberté, la loyauté, la ligue (Liberty, loyalty, league)
User avatar
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata
Posts: 7110
Joined: January 21st 2012, 3:18 pm
Location: United States

Re: Mont-Papillon, Pourpre Islands

Post by RedAurora » October 4th 2013, 9:20 pm

Kruness wrote:Don't forget San Juan in Puerto Rico :P

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FSSdd8j_tE8/U ... ANJUAN.jpg
I didn't even know Puerto Rico was a tax haven. :P If it was one, don't you think Mitt Romney would've stashed his wealth there instead of the British territories? :lol:
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل

Will
Posts: 2493
Joined: November 13th 2012, 7:22 am

Re: Mont-Papillon, Pourpre Islands

Post by Will » October 5th 2013, 6:31 am

When you say it's similar to Saint Pierre and Miquelon, I don't think you quite have it right. :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... aerial.jpg

I don't see many skyscrapers here. :P

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 5313
Joined: November 12th 2011, 3:16 am
Nation: Cattala

Re: Mont-Papillon, Pourpre Islands

Post by Thomas » October 5th 2013, 8:44 am

Emir wrote:Tax havens don't have to be independent nations. :P Bermuda and the Cayman Islands? (not that this territory is a tax haven...)
Bermuda and the Cayman Islands are self-governing territories with little interference from the (capitalist) UK. And if your territory is not a tax haven, why would it be a financial centre?

http://www.autocarhire.com/images/citie ... _981_1.jpg

Cayman Islands don't look as dense as Mont-Papillon either. You might have your statistics right but I don't think your actual comparisons are accurate.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011

Kruness
Posts: 482
Joined: November 6th 2012, 10:03 pm
Location: Leeuwarden, Friesland, The Netherlands

Re: Mont-Papillon, Pourpre Islands

Post by Kruness » October 5th 2013, 11:50 am

Emir wrote:
Kruness wrote:Don't forget San Juan in Puerto Rico :P

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FSSdd8j_tE8/U ... ANJUAN.jpg
I didn't even know Puerto Rico was a tax haven. :P If it was one, don't you think Mitt Romney would've stashed his wealth there instead of the British territories? :lol:
I don't know if Puerto Rico is a tax haven, i do know that it is a commonwealth, which i find weird since the US is not a monarchy... :P
I always thought it was a protectolerat. But I am not very familiar with this kind of stuff :lol:

User avatar
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata
Posts: 7110
Joined: January 21st 2012, 3:18 pm
Location: United States

Re: Mont-Papillon, Pourpre Islands

Post by RedAurora » October 5th 2013, 12:11 pm

Will wrote:When you say it's similar to Saint Pierre and Miquelon, I don't think you quite have it right. :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... aerial.jpg

I don't see many skyscrapers here. :P
Because St. Pierre & Miquelon is much smaller area-wise, that's why... :P
Thomas wrote:
Bermuda and the Cayman Islands are self-governing territories with little interference from the (capitalist) UK. And if your territory is not a tax haven, why would it be a financial centre?

http://www.autocarhire.com/images/citie ... _981_1.jpg

Cayman Islands don't look as dense as Mont-Papillon either. You might have your statistics right but I don't think your actual comparisons are accurate.
I never said that the islands themselves are a financial centre, I meant the city is a financial centre within the territory. And of course it's going to look different than the Caribbean, Thomas. :P
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل

Post Reply

Return to “République Fédérale de la Sainte-Croix”