General Information & Bidding Guidelines

The AIN's own Olympic-style event returns! Submit bids and catch all the action here! You don't want to miss these Games!
YingBlanc

Re: General Information & Bidding Guidelines

Post by YingBlanc » August 10th 2013, 10:27 am

This is exactly what I shall try to figure out Thomas, it was already on my list for when I'm MCAS, but I have an instinct that the games is probably too big, if you know what I mean, nobody can build an Olympic park, set up a bid and then make the whole thing in such the small time that the Summer gives, I think we should possibly give a years give to get everything together.
Otto
Director of Public Services
Director of Public Services
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

Post by Otto » August 10th 2013, 11:09 am

Thing is that this union seems to be lacking any interest of participation. Will and i have realized that for the upcoming soccer World Cup.
Other than the usual 12 nations, there's not much activity to be expected from the others. That is the reason why the games (sadly) failed.
Will

Post by Will » August 10th 2013, 11:51 am

I don't understand why people don't participate in a union they spent time applying for, even if it is just registering your teams for an event. I would have tried to host but I was very busy and I am trying to focus on the World Cup.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc » August 10th 2013, 12:40 pm

I would have bidded, I could have done the bidding and the creation of the results, I just didn't have the city to do it xD
aranho
Nation: Ca'onja

Post by aranho » August 10th 2013, 5:24 pm

Feeling partially responsible for the failure of bidding for the Games, I deeply apologize for creating false hopes since I mentioned that I am considering to bid for the Games. During the bidding window period, it was happening together with my Final Year Project, which is much more important than the Games, therefore not taking any interest initially. During the second last week of the bid was also the last week of my Final Year Project, so I thought that I should try to revive the Games. However, it was also the time where I felt it is important to create a proper nation (Melanesia) up to a point where I neglected bidding for the Games. On this note, I deeply apologize for not taking the responsibility to bid for the Games.
WikiForum
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » August 10th 2013, 5:43 pm

It's absolutely not your fault Aran. This is a collective failure by the union and its members, which is something that needs to be addressed urgently and improved so that this never happens again.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
aranho
Nation: Ca'onja

Post by aranho » August 10th 2013, 5:54 pm

Hmm, alright then.

I just want to point out one thing: after reading through the first post regarding on the bidding requirements, when looking at it at first glance, it does look somewhat confusing. Perhaps adding in some formatting (bold, italic, underline, spoilers to hide/shorten the list etc.) could make it easier to read. From my perspective and my opinion, the long and partially unformatted list of requirements is one of the factor that makes me not interested in bidding on the reason that it is confusing.
WikiForum
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc » August 10th 2013, 8:05 pm

Yeah, that's something I didn't like either, it's just a wall of text, that must be vastly improved upon.

Return to “Canceled | VI Alliance Summer Games”