Lehicro Economic Community

Our hub for government meetings, cooperation and ties on matters from military to diplomacy. Join in today!

Moderator: Speaker of the Alliance

Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Re: Lehicro Economic Community

Postby Thomas » August 22nd 2013, 9:20 am

How can you point to it without a link for me? :(

I have heard of Portugal's decriminalisation and the success it's made out to be. However, as Emir says, it doesn't answer my specific query about how the Lehicro Schengen zone will work in terms of drug trafficking.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » August 22nd 2013, 6:37 pm

YingBlanc wrote:...-points to my most recent Wiki article- >_> <_<

I've looked at it. And? :P
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
YingBlanc

Postby YingBlanc » November 1st 2013, 12:22 pm

EMir, Alex, I believe we need to discuss the train route, like what we gonna do for rolling stock? Shall we go AIN or go Custom Made? Talk on Skype?
Otto
Director of Public Services
Director of Public Services
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

Postby Otto » November 1st 2013, 3:54 pm

i encourage you to stick to CARTERrail. :lol:

lol. i haven't sold a train in ages. We could definitely talk about it. :)
YingBlanc

Postby YingBlanc » November 1st 2013, 4:00 pm

I think this may turn out to be a bid for contracts then. But just for information, this train has a max of 200+ KM/H we need.
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » November 1st 2013, 5:04 pm

I think it should be custom-made. And we should have a brand just for Lehicro, perhaps.
YingBlanc

Postby YingBlanc » November 1st 2013, 5:07 pm

Well I was thinking, combining a custom engine from PLA here with a train from your state owned company or whatever.

Also I think the speed should be between 250 and 350 KM/H?
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 4th 2014, 11:53 pm

Bump.

Now then...

Leeonia and Histalpol have yet to give official responses to Sainte-Croix's call for a common market from August of last year. In addition to that, I'd like to suggest further integration now: What do you guys think about the possibility of a monetary union with a common currency? If you're interested, I'd appreciate if you guys could suggest names for this potential joint currency and the calculation of its value. :)
YingBlanc

Postby YingBlanc » January 4th 2014, 11:58 pm

It sounds like a lovely idea...though I'm not 100% sure what it's means are, removing barriers...I thought we already did like no border checks for Lehicro countries :P Also speaking from a purely isolationist roleplay perspective for the population of Histalpol (well...like....some minority of it) a common currency might be a bit too far for Histalpol, but in terms politically it can't be worse than the Euro because of the lack of competition between the what...10 countries, because were only 3 countries with the rest of the world to compete with. So politically it's a sound idea, but for the support of the potential voters, it might be that Histalpol will reject this idea, but it all depends.
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 5th 2014, 12:04 am

I don't think you have to hold a national referendum to change the currency. :P A parliamentary legislation should be enough... In which case, it's up to the representatives and not the voters.

I actually just found something called an "optimal currency area", which determines whether a group of nations are suitable to adopt a common currency. I'm going to research this and figure out whether it's the case for Lehicro. In the meantime, you guys should consider the pro's and con's of a common currency area with regards to Histalpol and Leeonia. :D
YingBlanc

Postby YingBlanc » January 5th 2014, 12:06 am

yeah I know it's not up to the public, but the parliament needs to appease the needs of the public to get more votes in the next election (2016), so the representatives could vote no too raise their party image for that demographic of isolationists.
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 5th 2014, 12:14 am

YingBlanc wrote:yeah I know it's not up to the public, but the parliament needs to appease the needs of the public to get more votes in the next election (2016), so the representatives could vote no too raise their party image for that demographic of isolationists.

Since when do representatives care about their voters? :^)

Aren't you supposed to be a democracy and have your representatives care only about the donations they get from lobbyists? :^)
YingBlanc

Postby YingBlanc » January 5th 2014, 12:15 am

??? I thought politicians tried told the public stuff to make the public love them and vote for the party even though what they're saying is bull? and what's a lobby?
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » January 5th 2014, 12:19 am

YingBlanc wrote:??? I thought politicians tried told the public stuff to make the public love them and vote for the party even though what they're saying is bull? and what's a lobby?

Oh my god, Ying. :P We have to introduce you to the true version of democracy: CORRUPT DEMOCRACY :party: :party:

But seriously, here is what lobbying is.
Fox
Nation: Illium

Postby Fox » January 5th 2014, 12:23 am

Money is power!!

Promise what you can to get in to power and then throw it all away and blame the other side for the bad promises then renovate your house and go on "junkets" with your family and after 4years retire with a life time pension worth more than the average income of three families ... cause you served your constituents right?
Coming soon, new information.

Return to “General Assembly”