Official Information of the State

by Amerikaner
Image Motto: Ein Volk, eine Armee, Ein Herrscher (one people, one military, one rule)
Zack

Re: Official Information of the State

Postby Zack » March 5th 2013, 9:49 pm

They're welcome to comment on your application wherever it's appropriate. If you don't want to have your application prematurely shut down and your account banned, however, I suggest that you drop your current attitude of false superiority and stop telling us what you think we should do. You'd be far better off sticking to your application while you're not a member. Okay? ;)
Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN
Agunter999
Nation: Freiga

Postby Agunter999 » March 6th 2013, 7:37 am

Fine
I was just trying to get involved. I didn't mean to seam powerful. I though I was being helpful
Amerikaner

Postby Amerikaner » March 14th 2013, 10:07 pm

As the for Reich bit - the citizens of Moritz see themselves as the true rulers of what will be the unified Germany and as such see themselves as residents of the 4th Reich. Once this idea of a unified Germany is complete the glorious revolution would come to an end and the 5th Reich would be born from the ashes so to speak. So while not as common as saying either Moritz or the People's Social Republic, it is sometimes referenced too when I think I'm either being too repetitive or just to break it up a bit.

:D

Anyway...

I was thinking about the population and have it broken down as such:

Total: 1.576.754

0-11: 220.745 (113.568M)(107.177F)
12-18: 268.048 (138.215M)(129.833F)
18-25: 204.978 (102.586M)(102.329F)
25-64: 792.609 (397.635M)(394.974F)
65+: 110.372 (52.024M)(58348F)

12-18 / 18-25 - I broke these numbers down specifically because all males from 12-18 are in "basic training" to an extent before military service from 18-25. So this helped me gather info for military numbers.

Otherwise right now I have it planned that the state since the 90's (but starting in the 80's) and since 2000 especially was pushing for growth of the population in a major way. This was a possible influence for the 90's hardship as the state wasn't prepared for the massive amounts of new children it had to provide for, but also because the state is now able to do a lot more and needs larger numbers of citizens to make that happen. So the large growth numbers are done on purpose, and we should be the only European state with numbers this high. So I realize its not at par with anyone else in the area, but considering the circumstances...

;)

I think that means each woman currently could expect to have about 4-5 children in her lifetime which is pretty high but the state has really been pushing the idea so I think its feasible. Thoughts??
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » March 14th 2013, 10:10 pm

I love it! :P

Third-world totalitarian state :devil:

:P
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Will

Postby Will » March 15th 2013, 3:20 am

Oh my those poor women. But every citizen in Moritz contributes to uniting the Greater German peoples! :P

New Holland will have to keep an eye on Moritz.
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Postby Thomas » March 15th 2013, 9:35 am

The Nazis massively encouraged a rising birth rate so it's highly feasible that Moritz managed it as well. You could perhaps use the Reich breeding centre and financial and social rewards for high-breeding women as programmes in Moritz that were actually done successfully in Germany.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
Amerikaner

Postby Amerikaner » March 15th 2013, 10:32 pm

Thanks everyone, and yeah Thomas I have been doing some research on that. Seems to answer the questions I had about doing it.

"The Moritz State Crisis" and the "6 Month Disappearance" *Names are gonna change, I just can't think of anything right now :D

Onto the topic of nuclear weapons and the nuclear weapons program, I'm thinking Moritz gained nuclear weapons in the 70's. (Something I haven't talked about much yet is that when the state was created in the 1940's the Nazi state moved all of its best minds, scientists, and other intellectuals to Moritz so they could continue to work without worrying as much about the war. After the collapse they simply all stayed in Moritz because the UN was supposed to come in and create a neutral state. When that failed and the Fascist government came back into power many of them were simply rehired by the state which gave Moritz a HUGE advantage as many of the best minds from Germany, Austria, and parts of Europe occupied by the Nazis were now stuck living in Moritz)

Anyway so my thought was that for the Cold War perhaps the most tense moment of the entire "era" (On par with the Cuba Missile Crisis, probably even more tense) would of taken place actually like a week or two after the collapse of the Soviet Union. So this kind of explains it all in a nutshell:

I was thinking that Moritz would go ahead and institute a currency reform that they had been planning for some time prior to the collapse. In the commotion of the times the government simply keeps it secret until the reform basically happens which causes a complete collapse of the economic system in the middle while most people are still sleeping. Fearing a complete collapse of society the government basically goes into Defcon 1 mode and orders the entire nation in the middle of the night to ready itself for a war that the government has decided it will fabricate (power of propaganda is still very large in Moritz) to ensure that an economic collapse could be blamed on it instead.

Moritz has over the years basically built an entire underground set of complexes that can hold every citizen for a certain amount of time (built to house for up to 5 years, although the likelyhood of the state being able to support that means it was much less), and so instead of facing the massive error on their part economically, they simply issued a domestic war alert that caused the entire nation to organize and move underground.

In the craziness of the moment as Moritz scrambles its military, Germany, Austria, and the Czechs to an extent also scramble their militaries unsure of what is happening. I'm thinking a German plane accidentally enters Moritz airspace which causes Moritz to think its being attacked in a moment of weakness and causes them to shoot down the German planes. Confusion on the part of Moriz pilots is probably also to blame, since the state even issued to them a war alert.

Moritz now fearing an actual attack readies its nuclear weapons to be used in case of an advancing military threat which in turn causes every nuclear state in a series of successions to ready themselves. Russia announces that it will back Moritz while the US announces it will back its NATO allies which causes even greater tension as now both Russia and the US are involved.

Only after contact is made and it is realized that neither Moritz nor Germany is preparing to go to war with each other does everything stand down. Meanwhile the entire nation has moved underground, a fact that no nation realized was possible. The "6 Month Disappearance" (name change?!) was the result of this entire situation, in which for over 6 months the entire population lived underground. For the first week or so no one really noticed just because interaction with the state was rare anyway, but soon neighboring nations realized that no movement could be recorded on the surface.

This creates a kind of international media frenzy as planes and satellites train their eyes specifically on Moritz to figure out what is happening. Limited troop movements can be seen from time to time so states know Moritz was still intact, but it's entire almost 1 million citizens location and well being were complete mysteries to the outside world. Finally after 6ish months the population began to reappear on the surface and the military readiness level was dropped back down to normal levels.

Thus this even ushers in almost a decade of famine and economic destruction during the 1990's. My thought is the first domino to fall is the collapse of the Soviet Union which was by then the major backer of Moritz financially and assistance wise. The second would be the currency reform policies continuing to move ahead, which caused the state to simply collapse along with the economy because it was at this point a house with no foundation.

Moritz signed an agreement with major Euro nations to stop its nuclear program in return for food and resource assistance in 1995, after about 4 years of pretty bad conditions. Now that the state has recovered from that decade it is beginning to spread its wings again which is why it is looking to open up more than ever in an attempt to better find solutions to allow for the survival and prosperity of the state.

I'd like to have other members participate in the story line if they want, let me know what you are thinking and we can work it out. Don't really want to stray too far from what I have above, but I'm open to suggestions.
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Postby Thomas » March 16th 2013, 10:56 am

This sounds great! Very well written piece. For the name, I think simply entitling it "The Disappearance" will make it more spooky and threatening.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » March 16th 2013, 2:10 pm

I love the piece! :D
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل

Return to “People's Social Republic of Moritz”