Maps of New Duveland

by City_Master
Image Motto: Peace and Prosperity | La paix et la prospérité | Te rangimarie me te whai
Anthem: Our Home | Notre Maison | Tatou Fare
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance
Nation: Carolina

Re: Maps of New Duveland

Postby kendallhart808 » September 26th 2016, 8:14 pm

I went to look at them in Steam, and they are very good looking maps.
And that last part reminds me, I got to get working on Bayonne la Vella :P
InvaderNat
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Postby InvaderNat » September 26th 2016, 10:10 pm

Looks nice, and seems very Tasman-ey. 8) I have yet to make any maps in Skylines, but managed to find one that matched the desired terrain for my first city (Delsedorf).

One thing I'm finding frustrating in this game is the difficulty of building straight or smooth transportation networks, like bridges with smooth curves or parallel highways (mostly in map editor mode). I use the fine road tool (which helps) but it's still quite tricky when working over uneven ground. That bridge in Tasbury for example would have taken me a good 10-15 minutes to build properly.

The game is definitely better in most ways (pre-built highway intersections are a god-send), but I feel it still needs a few tweaks.
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance
Nation: Carolina

Postby kendallhart808 » September 26th 2016, 11:40 pm

InvaderNat wrote:Looks nice, and seems very Tasman-ey. 8) I have yet to make any maps in Skylines, but managed to find one that matched the desired terrain for my first city (Delsedorf).

One thing I'm finding frustrating in this game is the difficulty of building straight or smooth transportation networks, like bridges with smooth curves or parallel highways (mostly in map editor mode). I use the fine road tool (which helps) but it's still quite tricky when working over uneven ground. That bridge in Tasbury for example would have taken me a good 10-15 minutes to build properly.

The game is definitely better in most ways (pre-built highway intersections are a god-send), but I feel it still needs a few tweaks.

I wish highways/freeways could be built with both sides, instead of having to build each. That makes my freeways look weird some times. Also I find the prebuilt interchange (while certainly god sent) don't match well with my highways.
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Postby Charlie » September 27th 2016, 1:40 am

Cheers guys!

In order to get freeways looking good, I always use smaller roads first to get highways looking perfect, then upgrade them to highways so the spacing Is the same throughout the freeway. Using the "Move it" mod is incredibly helpful, allowing to adjust the height of nodes in roads to be perfect, and it also allows you to move and rotate buildings to go anywhere on the map, as long as you place it down somewhere first. :p
Image Image Image Image
InvaderNat

Postby InvaderNat » September 27th 2016, 6:13 am

City_Master wrote:Cheers guys!

In order to get freeways looking good, I always use smaller roads first to get highways looking perfect, then upgrade them to highways so the spacing Is the same throughout the freeway. Using the "Move it" mod is incredibly helpful, allowing to adjust the height of nodes in roads to be perfect, and it also allows you to move and rotate buildings to go anywhere on the map, as long as you place it down somewhere first. :p

I didn't know you could upgrade roads into highways, I'll have to try it. I have the "move it" mod but haven't tried it yet. Also what exactly do you mean by "nodes" though? Pillars? or something else?
Charlie

Postby Charlie » September 27th 2016, 10:06 am

When you use the mod you'll understand, basically a node is a segment of a road, the max segment/node is 12. They're usually located right above pillars :p
Image Image Image Image
InvaderNat

Postby InvaderNat » September 29th 2016, 4:15 am

I've now used that "move it" mod, and yes it is very helpful! I'm finally getting the hang of this game now.

Another useful mod I just found was the "Don't Crash" mod (nuff said) - how is this mod/patch not in the game?!?! CO should have hired him. :lol:
Charlie

Postby Charlie » October 25th 2016, 1:38 pm

Three more New Duveland maps are up on the workshop, this time of Cascade, Leinster and Plymouth!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784056668

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784466418

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786970394

Toulon, Macquarie, the Silver Shore and Blois will be next!
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Commonwealth Realm of New Duveland”