The Commonwealth of New Duveland CJ Entries | Update 10

by City_Master
Image Motto: Peace and Prosperity | La paix et la prospérité | Te rangimarie me te whai
Anthem: Our Home | Notre Maison | Tatou Fare
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Re: The Nation of Mirani CJ Entries

Postby Charlie » February 14th 2013, 11:26 am

Replies!
Ace: Thank you! Darking the original night photo worked better than I thought :P
Ggamgus: Haha, Nightlighting seemed to be a hit!
Fox: Thank you!
RepublicMaster: There are by far the biggest cities, Crestview 1.2mill, Seatown 150k, Shoreline 50k etc..
mysticdestiny: Thank you :D

just a short update today :P

What we dreaded had happened! None of our alarms went off and we were going to be late! It was almost 11am, the ship leaves at 11:30. We had to quickly pack our bags and head out of the hotel! We ran down the waterfront trying to keep our half-open luggage from falling apart and also looking out for any taxis that may be driving past. A taxi finally stopped for us, we crammed up the boot of the car with all of our luggage, driving straight to the docks! No time to look at the empty tiled areas!

The captain was waiting at the top of the stairs, looking very angry but also concerned. We apologised for being so late, quickly got on bored and before we could get to our rooms the ship left port. Next time, for any of our stops, we will not stay up as late, and get to our hotel on time!
Image Image Image Image
Fox
Nation: Illium

Postby Fox » February 14th 2013, 12:11 pm

Love that building on the far right.. looks like a lovely spot for a hotel .. ;)

Could do with something on the square next to it though, perhaps a park, statue, market stalls or something.
Coming soon, new information.
Charlie

Postby Charlie » February 14th 2013, 12:49 pm

Very nice spot for a hotel!

That's why I've marked it as a construction site, not sure what to put there. I think I will put down a market place :P
Image Image Image Image
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » February 15th 2013, 2:46 am

The coastal area looks really cool with the midrises. :D
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Charlie

Postby Charlie » February 23rd 2013, 10:26 am

Replies!
Fox: It is a very nice spot for a hotel, and that plain area could either be a market or where another hotel could go. ;)
Ggamgus: I love my mid rises! haha :P

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arriving in Fernston

It was early in the morning, the sun rising behind us as we welcomed a new morning, we were also welcomed into Fernston, the Capital of the Jervis Island division. It is one of the largest cities in Mirani (6th largest) with a population of 26,000. We were only minutes away from docking, the excitement took over me, I couldn't wait to get off, as we were going to stay here for a few days, my friends and I would spend the first day at the beach. These docks were one of the most beautiful so far!

We left the docks, and walked straight to the beach, the sand, glowing white, just beautiful! We walked down the beachfront with the bustling mid-rise city behind us. It was one of the best scenes I had seen.

We continued to walk up the beach, and came up to a small cafe and other beachfront areas, perfect place to rest and have a small bite of the local cuisine. We all ordered tropical ice drinks, and while I was waiting I noticed that we could see many other smaller islands in the distance, including the big island, all of which were lush green with vegetation, with the odd resort or town poking out. We sat down at a table, and sipped on our drinks.

We finished our drinks and continued our walk down the beach, we noticed a public pier not too far away, we decided to walk to it, we noticed that it was very crowded with other tourists from our cruise and locals relaxing before they start work. We stayed there for a while, gazing into the ocean, without saying anything, as nothing was needed to be said. It was a stunning site.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the Suburbs

After getting out of our hotel, we went back to the beach for a while. Mirani beaches are some of the best in the world! We had to come back, I had a go at some fishing, I caught a rare native fish, but due to strict fishing regulations, I was not able to keep it, not that I wanted to. I gently placed it back in the water and watched it swim away.

I will decide when I get back home to Coffs Harbour, wether or not to stay in Australia, or move to Mirani. I began looking at one of the few suburbs in Fernston. They are very green and have various different styles of architecture, mostly Australian mixed with European and American styles.

There are lots of open parks and green spaces in the suburbs, with Australian Football dominating the local sport, there are always many parks open to everyone. My friends and I stopped off at one of the parks and kicked around a footy, I felt like I was back home!

Upon getting to the edge of town, we realised we were in the richer areas of town, where famous Miranians live to get away from the bustling streets of Crestview. Drving past, I saw that they were relatively new buildings, is this the true Miranian style? I would love to live here!

Sorry for not posting them here, slipped my mind!
Image Image Image Image
YingBlanc

Re: The Nation of Mirani CJ Entries | Update 8 & 9

Postby YingBlanc » February 23rd 2013, 11:18 am

Wow that looks so awesome and lovely :D :D
Fox

Postby Fox » February 23rd 2013, 1:13 pm

Very nice suburbs.. love the palms and the tropical feel to the richer areas.
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » February 23rd 2013, 2:29 pm

Everything looks beautiful! D:

Now this... this is what I call, a MASTERPIECE. :D
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Will

Postby Will » February 23rd 2013, 10:28 pm

Love the burbs :)
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Postby Thomas » February 24th 2013, 8:06 pm

Very nice work! I like your style of City Journaling, it's quite storybook-esque, especially the picture styles. I'm a little torn with the suburbs though. Lots of people would use Mattb325 buildings in there, and just sprawl it everywhere quite randomly. I think it's brave and interesting to go with the Maxis and custom mansions.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
Will

Postby Will » February 25th 2013, 5:25 am

I suggest downloading some all of the Mattb325 buildings off the LEX. That's what I did and it adds plenty of variety. :)
Thomas

Postby Thomas » March 2nd 2013, 10:35 am

Mirani is now the Featured City Journal on the Wiki! Congratulations.
Charlie

Postby Charlie » March 2nd 2013, 12:02 pm

I continued to see more of the City, this being the last day in Fernston before heading off to Avno. Right on the fringe of the city is the airport, with only one runway, it serves as a hub for domestic flights, mostly business. There are talks for an expansion, but that is far off in the future.

Right down on the waterfront is the 4th largest port in Mirani, it is fairly large for a city of it's size, it serves as the main port for the Jervis Islands division, bringing in various imports from all over the world, such as computers, tablets food and clothing. Vast quantities of sugar cane and coconut is exported here, both being some of Mirani's largest exports.

The port has become increasingly busier every year, many expansions have been planned, including 2-3 more piers and more space for container areas.

We drove back into the city centre for some last minute shopping, getting some food and accessories so we wouldn't get bored. We also bought a gift for the captain for being so nice and generous towards us. Well, it was time for my friends and I to head off, we drove back to the cruise terminal to set off for Avno, which is well known as a resort city and will take at most 24 hours to reach. I hope the city was as beautiful as Fernston and the other cities we have visited so far! We parked the car back at the hire car place, and walked to the terminal. We were there right on time! Walking up threw the gates and up onto the deck, I asked one of the crew members to give the gift to the captain as a thanks.

Replies
YingBlanc: Thank you :)
Fox: Thanks, palms are great for richer areas! :P
Ggamgus: Ah thank you!
RepublicMaster: Thanks!
Thomas: It is a bit, I think it's interesting using a mix of Maxis and BAT houses!
RepublicMaster2: I just downloaded ALL of matt's houses, suburbs are going to look a lot better, but i'll see how it looks before publishing it :P
Thomas2: An honour! Thank you :D
Image Image Image Image
Thomas

Postby Thomas » March 2nd 2013, 12:44 pm

I think I posted that in the wrong thread. Sorry about that, but congratulations again.

I really like your cities. I'm definitely warming to your journal and I think it's one I will look forward to seeing more of.
Fox

Postby Fox » March 2nd 2013, 1:10 pm

Another great update.. love the port and the airport.. very good design.

Love the cruise port.. reminds me to go and relot it at some point.

Return to “Commonwealth Realm of New Duveland”