Histalpol City Journal

by somebody that you used to know
Image Motto: L'imagination et le courage sont la liberté (Imagination and courage are freedom)
YingBlanc

Histalpol City Journal

Post by YingBlanc » February 18th 2013, 6:14 pm

Last edited by YingBlanc on June 17th 2014, 6:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
YingBlanc

Histalpol City Journal - Working Outside In.

Post by YingBlanc » February 18th 2013, 7:26 pm

Welcome to my new country, the Democratic Republic of Histalpol, and to start we are working rural to the capital (because I can't be asked making the capital yet), so we start with the small village of Beccales, hope you enjoy it.

As you leave the A-Road to the west of Beccales, the A Road of A17, you appear on the B142 which passes through Beccales as you can see. it continues on through Beccales and leaves to the east of the village.

Heading south at the crossroads with B142, you come to southern Beccales, and the only school in the village, the St. Joseph's Primary School which is where the whole village goes to school and has been teaching since turn of the century. The small building beside it is a small library where the children go to read as well as the rest of the village.

We reach the main road of the village now, where all the shops are as well as the only station, this is fittingly called Commerce Road. The building you see at the top is the only pub in the village, The Barley and Collie. a great pub for capital workers who want a small drink in a rural pub as it only a short walk to the station.

Here you can see the shops that make up the streets name, as you can see even rural areas of Histalpol have an Asian influence, still fitting especially with the only gas station in the city, the Shell gas station you see in the picture. Here you can also see the start of the station as well as the lane of parking between the rails and the houses.

Here we have the station itself, with all it's rural glory, build in the 80s to connect all the villages to the capital. You can see yet more parking out front.

The rural area around Beccales contains many country roads such as this, surrounded by forests, these leading to farms of the area, this one leading to...

...Trépan Farm, one of the many in rural Beccales. This one taking after 3 fields of varying crops.

The only other farm neighbouring Beccales worth mentioning is the farm belonging to Samual J. Watts, Watt Farm as it's called (place an annoying joke here), it's a much smaller scale than Trépan Farm but still looks after 3 fields as well.

And there we end it so far, next update we may move further in, we may move further out, but all is know we're continuing with the rural areas around the Capital of Histalpol. Here's an Ariel view of the area so far, enjoy.
YingBlanc

Re: Histalpol City Journal - Dirty, Dirty, Dirty

Post by YingBlanc » February 18th 2013, 8:13 pm

Now we are going FAR into the capital Bastilia, yeeet not into the capital right now still, this here is a small industrial sector accompanied by low residential living. Here it is for your enjoyment.

We start with the storm drain that gives the area the name of La Bassinville (The Basin Town in French) which is prominently an industrial area. This drain collecting the running rain from the hills above it, but it's also used for fly tipping as well, as you can see.

To the west of the storm drain it gets a little better, with buildings from the 20s through to 40s lining Monsiere Avenue along with a more modern development of an apartment block, hopefully one of many to come.

While to the south of it, is the biggest industrial building of the area, the distribution centre to the nation-wide furniture store MHS (as seen by the giant logo on the roof). The warehouse sits right on the A1 Motorway out of Bastilia and towards the south. This making transportation a tad bit more easier.

Now we have a small mosaic for all of you, this of the small Dry Dock for the conjoining Le Bassinville Railyard, as you can see on 2 sides it's fenced by companies but to the other is the only access road into the complex.

This here being the conjoining railyard, complete with sheds with maintenance tools and scrap parts of multiple locos and stock trains.

Now this part is what makes Histalpol quite unique, they have a series of shanty like low residential areas, styled after the classic Asian style of architecture that pops up here and there around Histalpol. These areas being called Pabolías (like the Brazilian Favelas) and are a hive of activity, culture and hand made objects, great for sightseeing even though as said it's low cost residential abodes. This one here in particular is called the Roslonté Pabolía.

That's it for today, I hope you liked looking at this industrial area and will be back with more, maybe rural, maybe suburban, maybe the capital, who knows :P
YingBlanc

Re: Histalpol City Journal - The Royal Fanfare

Post by YingBlanc » February 18th 2013, 8:33 pm

Now it's right in the centre of the action, the reason for this fanfare x3, we have now moved into the capital, right at the heart with the Parliament District. Most of the space in this district is taken up by a few key buildings, we will go through them one by one in this update.

First off we take the former palace of the former royalty, the Summerhelm Palace, this though has now been turned into a small tourist attraction showing how the former royalty use to live and gives great views of the opposing buildings and the small park in front of it.

and with all great palaces, comes a great garden, Summerhelm Garden to be exact, one of the largest parks in the Bastilia metropolitan area. Also in this picture note the canal to the north that is a section of a larger canal flowing through Bastilia.

We also have the Parliament Building parallel to Summerhelm Palace, this is where the current government discuss laws, reforms, etc. etc. in 2 different houses; The Upper House to the left wing (in the picture) which is called the Major Exposition Hall (MJEH) and the Lower House to the right wing (in the picture) which is called the Minor Exposition Hall (MNEH). To the north we have some more private buildings than The Parliament Building, but they will be in a later update.

Now we move south from this point, to reach the hospital situated right in the middle of the capital, a relatively small hospital compared to the main hospital near the outskirts, but still a major contributor. As you can see it's surrounded on a man-made island created from the canals.

While to the north is this very intimidating building, containing the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Commerce (Defence in the tower, Commerce in the square block), nothing much else to say with this but it's still a very major building.

Thank you all for reading again and I hope to see you again soon.
YingBlanc

Re: Histalpol City Journal - What's Up Dock?

Post by YingBlanc » February 18th 2013, 8:35 pm

Now we move on somewhere different, this here is the 2nd city of Maloná, a vibrant cultural capital as well as a great resort town, here I will show the first section of Maloná if you come in by the Mediterranean, the marina, Maloná Marina (obviously x3)

We sail in at sunrise through the Breakwaters that keep the expensive yachts from crashing into the marina structure, here you can also see one of the landmarks of the town, the old lighthouse to the right serviced by the lighthouse keeper living in the house beside it.

As we tie our Yacht to the marina and prepare everything for the day, the sun fully rises and shows the greatness of the marina. This services many many wealthy people as well as the odd fisherman come to try his luck off the coast, or the odd tourist trip out into the sea for god knows what.

We ascend the small hill to the rest of the area and instantly come upon this other landmark, the Orswell Opera House, traffic starting to come out for the daily commute to work or to the shops.

As we move down the avenue we come to one of the luxury hotels in the area, the Queens Hotel which is a 4 * Hotel. Though that is not the only hotel in the area as you will see in a small while, there are also lots of budget hotels for common tourists looking for relaxation for a week.

These are the budget resorts I talked off, the beginning of another area in a later update and not technically in the Marina district, but still a major part of the transition, these resort buildings are one of the main reasons that economically, Maloná us doing so well in the tourist area of the economic charts of Histalpol.

And I leave you with the shot of the night before we sailed in in the morning at sunrise, this shows the major landmarks clearly, including one we didn't get to see which is the main church of the Marina district and you can see most of the marina lighting up there as well as the lighthouse which wraps this update up in a nice little bow. Till next time.

YingBlanc

Re: Histalpol City Journal - Now Landing In Bastilia...

Post by YingBlanc » February 18th 2013, 8:39 pm

We now are going to have a look at the first airport of Bastilia, outside the village of Hough called....bastilia Hough Airport of course. This here is the airport itself, enjoy.

This here below, is the actual airport bus/coach/taxi rank etc. for people just being dropped off. On each side you got Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 on either side of the little park area or so.

Talking of the Terminals, here are the first 2 you can pick from, Terminals 1 and 2, you can see a plane already starting to taxi on it's way to somewhere or other (Most likely Britain because it's BMI).

Another view of the taxing planes going towards Runway 36L. You might have seen this in the front page preview slide show thing.

The Air Traffic Control tower is nestled in between the terminals, access to it being protected inside the terminal as it is the only way to the tower.

We have no full picture of Terminals 3 and 4, but we have small sections, here is the section that connects Terminal 3's branch with the rest of the airport, and the shuttlebus service from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4, passing over the taxi-path.

Now under the airport section, we have a few more different sections, this includes a small industrial section and another section which I will go more in depth into, but both sections include car parking, the main section that every airport needs.

This last section, as said, contains quite a bit so bare with me, the large rounded corner square building is the HQ for Histalpols flag carrying airline, RoyalHistal. Right next to that is the BlueSky Hotels which will hold anybody stopping over for a nigh or anybody delayed for some reason. And the big bulky section coming from Terminal 2 is the Hough Airport Station which is underground so not in way of planes or even any travel in the whole road network of the airport. it was also right here in 2010 that killed 168 in Terminal 2 as it collapsed from a terrorist bombing.

Otto
Director of Public Services
Director of Public Services
Nation: Kingston and Boyce & Balaton

Re: Histalpol City Journal

Post by Otto » February 18th 2013, 8:47 pm

Dude, that i Amazing! only get back to work on your airport. all the different aircrafts don't fit on one airport... ;)

look for European airlines, put only small crafts of those on your terminals. Intercontinental Airlines should only come with bigger aircrafts. Make also sure that there are at least two tiles between the plane's tail and the taxiway as well. ;)

other than that, i think I desperately want to visit Histalpol! :D
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » February 18th 2013, 9:53 pm

Yay, you've finally posted stuff here! :P

I love all of the entries, LOVE 'EM ALL! :P :P
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Fox
Nation: Illium

Post by Fox » February 19th 2013, 5:54 am

Thanks for sharing your CJ here, I know a few people don't visit ST often and would be glad to see your pictures.
Coming soon, new information.
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » February 19th 2013, 9:56 am

This is very nice stuff! The early updates especially look excellent, remind me of rural England. Which catenary mod are you using?

One thing I would suggest is to get some road traffic. Your buildings and scenes look beautiful but they lack life.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc » February 19th 2013, 10:35 am

Thanks you all, but every mistake is intentional xD apart from the plane thing but that was because I rushed the airport out of lack of an update, I just wanted to show I was still alive xD The space between taxi-way and parking of the planes is intinetional because Airports are too damn big, I can't fit an airport that's normal size and not squeezed in into one of my city tiles xD

And with the traffic problem, the traffic setting on my SC4 is set to it's top setting xD I don't know why it's lacking cars with it being top setting xD
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » February 19th 2013, 11:09 am

Is your city paused whilst you take pictures?
Do you have the traffic on variable speed automata?

Do your roads have traffic? Use the route query to find out.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc » February 19th 2013, 12:58 pm

I have the city on play, what's a variable speed automata? and the route query says NONE of the roads have traffic, even when they have cars on it.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc » April 11th 2013, 2:48 pm

Wanna have a teaser x3x3

I hope the effects ain't too over the top....I would guess they are x3
Fox
Nation: Illium

Post by Fox » April 11th 2013, 3:12 pm

Looks good, kind of historic meets modern, face to face ready to battle and held back by that lovely green park. I presume the cobblestone street is meant to be a bicycle path? Good idea if it is.
Coming soon, new information.

Return to “République Démocratique du Histalpol”