Alliance Presidential Awards

Celebrate Christmas in style with the AIN, including our Presidential Awards where the AIN's brightest stars will be rewarded for their contributions to CJs, the forums, and more!
JJ
Nation: Ascadylea

Alliance Presidential Awards

Postby JJ » December 28th 2012, 1:24 am

Hello, Hi and welcome to you all. Tis I JJ! The AIN has has a pretty interesting year. We've had schisms, inactivity, and a huge explosion of activity, successful events, computer failures, departures of long time members, and I could keep going on and on!. I would like to take some time out to honor those who I think are the Union's brightest stars. Before I begin, I have to give some quick credit to all those who have stepped up to help complete events and help me out when my computer died. It was greatly appreciated. Without further ado, Lets Begin!

The first award is:

The recipient of this award has a unique sense of humor that you might have to take a second to get used to. However, I think he's hilarious. This member isn't active all the time, but when he is, you can be sure to find some nugget of humor, or a particularly wise remark, that just might change a union policy. Therefore I give the award to Funniest Member to:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Next we have:

This recipient has a tough job. To put up with me. I can always count on this member to engage in a good debate with no hard feelings afterward. Whenever I ask this gentleman to do something for me because it happens to be beyond my skill set, he does it without hesitation. I must say, the Union runs a lot smoother when him behind the scenes. Therefore, I give the award for Most Helpful Member to:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Next up:

The award for the Most Active Member goes to the member with the highest post count that isn't an admin or a moderator. This member has a higher post count than I do! He comments on almost everything on the site. Active members like this one are the life's blood of the Union, and for that I honor:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The Next award is:

This member ALWAYS has an opinion on something. He has his own set of checks and balances that requires all new applicants to come correct, or prepare to feel his wrath. This member is partially responsible for all new applications meeting AIN standards. This Member is:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm going to switch gears for a bit and talk about the reason we're all here, SC4. Let's Celebrate successes in City Journaling

This member has one of my favorite CJ's in the Union. His ability in CJing encompasses vivid cityscapes to rolling countryside expanses. This member's airline photos are also the toast of the town!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Moving right along:

This member has a knack for painstaking recreation of an Asian Metropolis. You can place photos of his creations side by side with actual photos of this Metropolis and see that that they are almost verbatim. This is a skill that I, personally do not possess and I am jealous of. And for that, I honor:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm on a roll now, Next we have:

The name of this award implies that the CJ was bad to begin with, and that is definitely not the case. How I interpreted it was the increase in Role Play from this member. This Member is cementing a niche for himself in the Mass Transit sector of the AIN. I, myself, am a happy customer! The award goes to:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Next up:

When I first saw this CJ, I was blown away. It was visually stunning. In fact it was so good, some people were scared of its greatness, so much that we had to change our policies for admission to the union. I also love that he's not afraid to hit someone in the throat.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

OK.. Switching gears again to Honor some of the Union's greatest contributors.

This award goes to the best damn recruiter out there. He is almost singlehandedly responsible for all of our new applicants as of late. I thank this member for making the newbies feel welcome and at home here in the AIN. He also is instrumental in holding some of the Union's most successful events. This award goes to my Russian buddy:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

More Contribution Awards after this:

I am giving this award to 3 newbies for helping breathe new life into the Union after a long period of inactivity. The new member's enthusiasm for the Union has revitalized it, and ensured that the AIN will be around for a while to come. The recipients are:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

As these awards come to a close, I would like to acknowledge those who may have not received an award tonight. It doesn't mean that I don't value your contribution. There were only a few awards... Next year, there's always next year!

This award was a no brainer for me. This particular member has been my right hand man in anything that I may have needed help in. Be it relighting my fire for SC4, to helping me make my cities better, to stepping up and finishing AINVision when my computer broke. All of you have experienced the helpful hand of this member, and you can help me in honoring the Overall Member Award to:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The last award of the evening

Again, this award was a no brainer! This member is the glue that holds the union together. Whether is for a rule check, or forum maintenance. This member is always there to offer his assistance. This member is also wholly responsible for the awesome graphics for the Presidential Awards. Sometimes I take him for granted, but for his tireless service to the Union I give this member the Unsung Hero Award!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[centre]Image[/centre]
Ace

Re: Alliance Presidential Awards

Postby Ace » December 28th 2012, 3:58 am

:clap: :clap:

Congratulations everyone!
oh and JJ, you get the "Coolest President in Ace's Opinion Award" 8)
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » December 28th 2012, 4:02 am

Most active member? Comments on almost everything? Thanks, but I don't comment THAT MUCH... Wait a minute, I'm commenting here right now!! D:

Congratulations, everyone! :D
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
bigro

Postby bigro » December 28th 2012, 4:06 am

Revolution comes one fart joke at a time.

:lol:

neat-o awards, congrats to the recipients!
That one guy
mysticdestiny

Postby mysticdestiny » December 28th 2012, 4:46 am

Congratulations to all who received an award, you all definitely deserved recognition as a member. Thank you Mr President for awarding me the Overall Membership Award, I'll continue to help everyone in the union!
Gregor
Nation: Oka

Postby Gregor » December 28th 2012, 7:11 am

I'm honored that I won this award, with uni, and all my work I try to do what I can, and I'm chuffed. Congratulations to all you who won, I think all deserve it !

Oka City AIN Cultural Capital 2018
Fox
Nation: Illium

Postby Fox » December 28th 2012, 7:43 am

Grats to all who won, and as Ace said.. recognition for JJ in his roll as President is something I'd applaud.

And lol to Bigro's comments.. he never fails to deliver.

Edit: Also just noticed the awards under peoples avatars .. looks great and well done to who ever added them, it really makes the forums come alive even more.
Coming soon, new information.
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Postby Thomas » December 28th 2012, 11:39 am

Thanks Fox - as part of my role as an "Unsung Hero" I get to make all the nifty graphics, which I'm pleased to find you like. :)
The dodgy one with the black line was updated at the last minute so apologies for that little slip up!

Thank you JJ for the award, and for the members here, all of you, not just those who won awards. I've been a member here for almost 3 years now and it's been a wonderful experience, getting to know all of you and working alongside many of you in government, roleplay and union projects. The greatest contribution you make to this union is through your positive activity - and that is all the reward I need for the work I do.

In February, I will be standing down as a Minister and heading off into the sunset to join Neil and drink some tequila on a beach somewhere. Of course, I will still be around annoying the Seventh Executive Council and keeping up my 12% share of the entire forums posts, but my time in senior office is coming to a close. It's been a good innings and I hope that long after I am gone, this union will continue to prosper under the strong, guided leadership of my successors, whoever they may be. :)
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
Hiigar
Nation: Hiigara

Postby Hiigar » December 28th 2012, 11:47 am

Thank you for an award, its a long time that i got an award. ))) And congratulation to all who have won! :clap:
Kevin
Nation: Corraile

Postby Kevin » December 29th 2012, 4:03 am

Congrats to all the winners! :) And I'm honestly touched that I won best CJ! Thanks guys :D
[centre]Image[/centre]
[centre]Image Image Image Image Image[/centre]
daTS
Nation: Illium

Postby daTS » December 30th 2012, 12:33 am

Well, you know how I love my throatpunches. :P

The Empire is honored. Thank you, JJ!
"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't want to live there." - Adam Young
Will

Postby Will » December 30th 2012, 8:27 am

Well done to everyone on their awards! Well deserved :D
Nilo7

Postby Nilo7 » December 31st 2012, 5:36 am

Congrats to all my fellow members, you've all worked very hard to keep the site going. :)
[centre]ζήσε τη ζωή

Check out my other content![/centre]

Return to “Christmas and New Year 2012-13”