Parliament of Queensland

by: ggamgus
Image Motto: Audax at Fidelis (Bold but Faithful)
Will

Re: Parliament of Queensland

Post by Will » January 18th 2013, 11:40 pm

Yes GG :P The Queen does nothing in NZ
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » January 18th 2013, 11:43 pm

Okay, I checked wiki, and apparently so... the Gov-general gives royal assent, you're right. :P

Crud... :P

I've edited the parliamentary statement based on that.
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Will

Post by Will » January 18th 2013, 11:59 pm

GG of course I am right. I live there :P
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » January 19th 2013, 12:08 am

I forgot. :P *fail* ...

...SHUDDUP!!! :P
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » January 19th 2013, 11:41 am

And I live in the one country where she does actually pass Royal Assent on bills. Via her Privy Council's approval. :P

Salt. Wound. Rubbed?
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » February 1st 2013, 10:38 pm

[centre]Members of the Parliament, please stand up for Lord Anthony Secolo of Celestine of the United Kingdom of Cattala.[/centre]
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Address by Lord Secolo of Cattala

Post by RedAurora » February 1st 2013, 10:39 pm

[centre]Image

A Speech by Lord Anthony Secolo of Celestine, RG to the Parliament of Queensland

Members,

Thank you for hosting me and the Cattalian delegation in your delightful, and warm, country today. We're privileged to be here, especially after recent events came very close to threatening both of our countries. Cattala and Queensland share numerous historic and cultural bonds, and we believe that as cousins we should look after and protect each other.

That's why I'm here today, to discuss a growing international dilemma, and what I would regard as a backlash against the countries in this alliance that seek to improve the world and establish a moral governance. We are opposed to the vicious warmongering of some member states, but being a small island state we have to work hard to defend ourselves from them, and stop them from overpowering the moral obligations of member states with their use of brute force.

As moral nations, which I would regard both Cattala and Queensland as, we must stand together against those who seek to devastate towns and cities and families across the world. When I visited Lower Columbia, Illu'a and Kingston last week it was clear to me that there are many countries that want to work against the violence and repression of the Riyadh's of this world; but are too afraid to speak out in case they are vilified and punished. We understand what that feels like - an isolated Mediterranean kingdom reliant on oil and gas imports is hardly the strongest member state in the alliance.

That's why I'm encouraging the liberal, free nations of this alliance to work together and dispel all the evil around us. Together we can develop a stronger union with the moral countries at the core. I want to form a unified Liberal Monarchist group of countries that together oppose the militarisation of free regions, the ignorance of the Alliance Security Council and its potential as a truly democratic moderator. Together, we can co-operate to ensure all independent nations can become more self-sufficient in energy production, defence and water supplies. By combining our shared knowledge of renewable energy, the re industrialisation process and improved water efficiency, we can reduce conflict and build an Alliance of Independent Nations that fulfills its true potential as a unifier of individual, free states all working together to prevent war and create a more peaceful, moral world.

Thank you.
[/centre]
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » February 1st 2013, 10:47 pm

[centre]Thank you very much, Lord Secolo! Her Majesty's Commonwealth government trusts its Mediterranean ally and partner, and will help the nation of Cattala push for peace and diplomacy throughout the world.

The Parliament will have Queen Alexandra the Fifth, from the United Kingdom of Cattala, on 15 February 2013. That will be the date of our fourth joint session this year.

We will soon resume the Parliament. Thank you, everyone.
[/centre]
Fox
Nation: Illium

Post by Fox » February 2nd 2013, 1:43 am

Great speech..
Coming soon, new information.
Thomas

Post by Thomas » February 2nd 2013, 4:30 pm

What a delightful speech. Whoever wrote that is a very good writer.
Thomas

Re: Address by Lord Secolo of Cattala

Post by Thomas » February 15th 2013, 7:00 pm

[centre]Image

Please Rise for Her Grace, Queen Alexandra the Fifth of Cattala, Princess of Roumeli[/centre]

Ministers, Members and Senators,

Thank you for hosting me and the second Cattalian delegation in the past few weeks. We hope you don't feel as though this is some kind of Mediterranean invasion - we'll be gone shortly, don't worry! Your countrymen have been very generous to my government and my people over the years and we thank you very much for all your kindness and the friendship you have shown to us through the decades that we have been partners. We have both experienced good and bad times as members of this great Commonwealth family and it has been delightful to see the huge growth in character and culture that has occurred since my great-uncle first visited this country almost half a century ago.

Recent events have reminded us around the world of the perilous circumstances that can occur, even in some of the most affluent places. The tragic forest fires, droughts and now floods that this region have suffered is a sign of the extremities of living in a changing world. Duke Luciano and I have been visiting the many areas affected by these nightmares and have seen the long-term consequences for ourselves. It has made us more resolute in our resolve to try and learn from the emergencies faced by the people of Queensland so that hopefully, in the future, less people suffer when disaster strikes.

I'm pleased to be endorsing the ADAPT programme alongside my sister, Princess Maria, which has helped communities across the world to change and prepare better for potential crises and has also been funding the reconstruction in areas where their help couldn't come soon enough. Alongside this initiative, the Foreign Ministry of Cattala will be taking an even greater role in supporting regions that are affected by natural and man-made disasters, increasing our foreign aid assistance to 1% of GDP.

If all countries in the Alliance can work together to give just 1% of their economic earnings to support the vulnerable, we can make an enormous difference to the poor everywhere. I know that Queensland and the other Liberal Monarchist states will be working hard to push this through the Alliance Security Council shortly and encouraging other states to recognise their international commitments. If we won't act, who will?

Thank you.
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Queensland government response

Post by RedAurora » February 15th 2013, 10:29 pm

[centre]Thank you very much, your majesty, for the speech! The Commonwealth government of Queensland would like to thank the United Kingdom of Cattala for this generous assistance. Many of our cities and towns have been struck hard by the series of natural disasters that have taken place recently, and are in need of help.

In return for this assistance from Cattala, Queensland will also be increasing its foreign aid assistance, and will be ready to aid the United Kingdom should a disaster, natural or manmade, strike the Cattalian islands. In addition, we also plan to support bills in the Alliance Security Council proposed by fellow Liberal Monarchist states.

The Parliament will have Minister Alejandro Francisco Salvador, from the People's Republic of Costa Palma, on 1 March 2013. That will be the date of our sixth joint session this year.

We will soon resume the Parliament. Thank you, everyone.
[/centre]
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Party responses

Post by RedAurora » February 16th 2013, 12:51 am

[centre]Image

The Social Democratic Party of Queensland will support the United Kingdom of Cattala and the other fellow Liberal Monarchist nations in reserving 1 percent of the national GDP for assistance purposes. In fact, we believe that the level of assistance could be higher, at 1.5 or even 2 percent of GDP, enabling governments to spend billions of dollars more in assistance and recovery. We commend the government of Cattala for beginning this initiative.

The Queensland Labor Party agrees that this is a great initiative, and is necessary to aid those who have made sacrifices in natural or man-made disasters recently, in Queensland, and in other parts of the world. However, we will disagree and say that 1.5 or 2 percent of GDP for assistance is too much. We say that the amount of assistance should be kept at 1 percent, as it is. Any higher rate may strain the economies of nations.[/centre]
Will

Post by Will » February 16th 2013, 8:32 am

The labor party?
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » February 16th 2013, 2:58 pm

Yes, the Labor Party. :P