The 2012 Fall Expo

The union's semi-annual expo is back this November, hosted by Shiroku, Shihaisha! Come on in and post your country's pavilion!
Ace

The 2012 Fall Expo

Post by Ace » October 13th 2012, 12:33 am

Well, I think I as Minister of Culture and Arts, it is my duty to help out with the upcoming Fall Expo. According to the Union Calendar, it is approaching us in the month of October, so here's sort of a heads up and what to expect, and what is expected (:.

What is the Fall Expo?

The Fall(Autumn) Expo is a AIN's unionwide exposition of the cultures, arts, living standards, and social life of AIN nations. In other words, be the biggest showoff of your nation as possible!

In the past, it has been described as below:
"The purpose of Expo is to aid in the further knowledge of our fellow nations as well as a healthy competition resulting in flourishing nations, culturally, industrially as well as economically. The Expo will help improve and better the cities of AIN nations to prepare our cities for international competitions such as Simlympic bids, Championship bids, AIN Games bids, AIN Summit and other events."

So, What's This Pavillion Thou Speakest Of?

A pavillion is in technical terms, the forum where you will be placing the information about your nation. You want to make your pavillion accessible, easy-to-read, and fun! What you do not want is to fill your pavillion up with text-walls. That is too much work, and it makes less compelling to read. You should be concise and precise.

Wait, Technical Terms?

You see, your pavillion will theoretically be a room, gallery, or even an outdoor tent, in the host country's (nation who hosts the expo) provided venue.

So, What if I want to be the host nation?

You will need to submit a bid during the bidding process describing what exactly sets your nation apart from others, how your nation's infrastructure and transportation will assist in the executing of the Expo, and of course, where the Expo will be held.

Past bids can be found here:

Atlantsia's 2012 Spring Expo Winning Bid: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=439
Llithustania's Equally Fantastic 2012 Spring Expo Bid: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=443

If your nation is accepted as host, usually you will decide the commencement and closing of the expo. You will also be given the option of commencing with an opening ceremony and closing with a closing ceremony.

The Opening Ceremony of the 2012 Spring Expo is Here:
viewtopic.php?f=144&t=510

You will also be responsible in the openings of pavillions for your fellow members to post in.

Past Pavillions of the Spring Expo of 2012 are located here:
viewforum.php?f=144

What Should My Pavillion Have?

Well, that depends on your nation. Universally though, usually some General Information including demographics, accompanied by a "precise yet concise" look at your nation's early-modern history, topped off with some spicy information about the culture of your country makes for a great pavillion.

What's the Point of This Event?

Participation is a general union objective. The Expo is additionally helpful for new members especially as it allows you to take the time to look into your nation, and set a course for the direction you want it to take. For me, it personally was the first exposure to the Arabian culture, and it helped me realize where I needed to adjust my history, my government system, and even my simcity building style.

Here's proof:

My form of SC4 playing before the Expo:

My form of SC4 playing after the Expo:

You can see how I adjusted the style of my nation after doing more research on the cultural aspects of Arabian building. What induced that? This very Expo.

So I greatly encourage you to take part in it! It's a great time to improve both SC4 skills and your nation alike by exposing yourself to the cultural side of things.

Well, my nation wouldn't make a good host. Too bad I guess

NO! This is infact the BEST thing! Let's say you're like maybe say the IARC (no offense lol Bigro), and you find yourself with mostly rough, rural undeveloped land. This is actually a good thing. You can request other nations to invest in the construction of a modern up-to-date venue for the expo as well as refurbishing roads, and renovating airports and mass transit lines. Not only are you roleplaying, but you can even improve foreign relations. You may even be given more support during the bidding process for doing such.

A final note

The expo isn't actually starting, but I just wanted to notify you of these things. Remember, if you have a busy schedule, starting early and working a little at a time will allow you to be a big contributer with little effort when the expo comes around, so I highly advise that every now and then, you maybe think a bit of what you could do, etc. etc. (:

Just a heads up guys! Let's make this the best Expo yet!
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Re: The 2012 Fall Expo

Post by Thomas » October 13th 2012, 8:28 am

We're almost halfway through the month and nobody organised this yet... Bit embarrassing. I'll go off and grumble to myself about the good ol' days now.

Whilst preparing for this Expo, of course.
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
mysticdestiny

Post by mysticdestiny » October 13th 2012, 1:05 pm

I would like to bid for this upcoming Expo, but I think I'll pass this one. Hope to see lots of people bidding though!
bigro

Post by bigro » October 13th 2012, 1:06 pm

I am offense. (not really)

but nah, I'll see what I can do
That one guy
Waterclaw

Post by Waterclaw » October 15th 2012, 4:00 pm

I won't bid as the host, but I'll see what I can do about making something for Shawland this time, hope I don't get the flu and get lazy afterwards again
Hiigar
Nation: Hiigara

Post by Hiigar » October 23rd 2012, 10:34 pm

Pizen will be bidding this year for the Expo, where can i post the bidding?
mysticdestiny

Post by mysticdestiny » October 24th 2012, 4:20 am

Bidding has not started Cons :P
10000000000000 wrote: A final note

The expo isn't actually starting, but I just wanted to notify you of these things. Remember, if you have a busy schedule, starting early and working a little at a time will allow you to be a big contributer with little effort when the expo comes around, so I highly advise that every now and then, you maybe think a bit of what you could do, etc. etc. (:

Return to “AIN Expo Autumn 2012”