New Terms of Use & Privacy Policy!

Welcome to the biggest leap forward for the union in the AIN's 4 year history! Find out about the project, ask questions, report bugs, see tutorials and FAQs, all here...
Neil
Site Administrator

New Terms of Use & Privacy Policy!

Post by Neil » January 5th 2012, 9:49 pm

Most of you have been agreeing to an even longer one under the reign of forumotion back before these new forums, but I updated our Terms with the re-worded forum rules (more in standard, boring, killjoy admin language) and thought it would be handy to have these accessible other than just at registration. Every user is banned until they accept the new terms.

[centre]TERMS OF USE[/centre]
By accessing the AIN (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “AIN”, “the union”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use AIN. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of AIN after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, "www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the General Public License (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com/ . The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/ .
You agree to abide by the AIN's Forum Rules, which are enforced at the discretion of the Moderation and Admin Team, violation of these rules could result in, but may not be limited to: suspension of your accounts, exclusion from certain forums/skype rooms and permanent bans with notification of Moderation Teams on other related websites and your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us (normally for breaches of International Law). The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
  • You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may cause offence to any user browsing the forums.
  • You agree not to plagiarise work of other members of the community and respect international copyright laws, all content posted on this site is joint property of %1$s and yourself (unless otherwise stated).
  • You agree not to 'spam', spamming is defined by %1$s as (to the discretion of the Moderation and Admin Team: any content posted by a user that does not contribute any value to the discussion or union, any content posted by a bot/user that advertises a product/website/service that is irrelevant to the union, any posts by a user which are deemed unnecessary within the topic, any attempts by a user/bot to unfairly circumvent/cheat a union system - including but not limited to: post counts/reputation systems/social systems/user content or anyother content posted by a user/bot that is considered spam by the Moderation and Admin Team.
  • You agree only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community. Exceptions will be made in certain forums, if pre-approved by an Administrator.
  • You agree to post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
  • You understand that the above forum rules also apply to private messaging and official chatrooms. Abuse of the private messaging system/IM may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging/access to official chatrooms.
  • You agree that your signature may contain up to five lines of text and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 15KB (6144 Bytes) in size. Animated images are only allowed if less than 15KB. Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal.
  • You agree that your avatars are to be no larger than 128 pixels square, contain no animation, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of team members), may not exceed 12KB in filesize. Remote avatars must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal.
  • You agree to take note of any stickies and announcements (located above regular topics) as they often contain important and/or urgent news.
  • You agree to obey all the requests of the Moderation and Admin Team, subject to appeal.

[centre]AIN'S PRIVACY POLICY[/centre]
This policy explains in detail how the AIN along with its software (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, AIN, the union) and phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) use any information collected during any session of usage by you (hereinafter “your information”)
Your information is collected via two ways. Firstly, by browsing AIN will cause the phpBB software to create a number of cookies, which are small text files that are downloaded on to your computer’s web browser temporary files. The first two cookies just contain a user identifier (hereinafter “user-id”) and an anonymous session identifier (hereinafter “session-id”), automatically assigned to you by the phpBB software. A third cookie will be created once you have browsed topics within the AIN site and is used to store which topics have been read, thereby improving your user experience.
We may also create cookies external to the phpBB software whilst browsing the AIN site, though these are outside the scope of this document which is intended to only cover the pages created by the phpBB software. The second way in which we collect your information is by what you submit to us. This can be, and is not limited to: posting as an anonymous user (hereinafter “anonymous posts”), registering on AIN (hereinafter “your account”) and posts submitted by you after registration and whilst logged in (hereinafter “your posts”). Your account will at a bare minimum contain a uniquely identifiable name (hereinafter “your user name”), a personal password used for logging into your account (hereinafter “your password”) and a personal, valid e-mail address (hereinafter “your e-mail”). Your information for your account at “%1$s” is protected by data-protection laws applicable in the country that hosts us. Any information beyond your user name, your password, and your e-mail address required by the union during the registration process is either mandatory or optional, at the discretion of AIN. In all cases, you have the option of what information in your account is publicly displayed. Furthermore, within your account, you have the option to opt-in or opt-out of automatically generated e-mails from the AIN server.
Your password is ciphered (a one-way hash) so that it is secure. However, it is recommended that you do not reuse the same password across a number of different websites. Your password is the means of accessing your account on the AIN site, so please guard it carefully and under no circumstance will anyone affiliated with the union, phpBB, ST/SC4D or another 3rd party, legitimately ask you for your password. Should you forget your password for your account, you can use the “I forgot my password” feature provided by the phpBB software or contact Neil. This process will ask you to submit your user name and your e-mail, then the phpBB software will generate a new password to reclaim your account.

[END]

Thanks for reading if you bothered to.

Neil :)
simsamerica
Nation: Torainn

Re: New Terms of Use & Privacy Policy!

Post by simsamerica » January 5th 2012, 10:37 pm

Biggest Lie in Computing and the Internet:

I have read and agree to the Terms of Use :P

I see nothing wrong with it but I might wait a while to reaccept them ;)
A quiet one...
smartbylaw
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by smartbylaw » January 5th 2012, 10:44 pm

If you don't.. you cant use AIN..
Neil
Site Administrator

Post by Neil » January 5th 2012, 10:47 pm

Will wrote:Biggest Lie in Computing and the Internet:

I have read and agree to the Terms of Use :P

I see nothing wrong with it but I might wait a while to reaccept them ;)
I forgot to mention, if you have auto-login enabled you have already re-accepted them.
simsamerica

Post by simsamerica » January 5th 2012, 10:49 pm

Not true... I always have it enabled, it didn't for me... unless it logged me out. The waiting was a joke :P
A quiet one...
Neil
Site Administrator

Post by Neil » January 5th 2012, 11:10 pm

Will wrote:Not true... I always have it enabled, it didn't for me... unless it logged me out. The waiting was a joke :P
It automagically did. Swear...
forthwall

Post by forthwall » January 7th 2012, 12:53 am

I have read and agree to the Terms of Use

Actually I did read

For once :P
[centre]ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ Ace will be here
Image[/centre]
simsamerica

Post by simsamerica » January 7th 2012, 12:56 am

It's no big deal but it didn't, sometimes my comp auto logs off for no reason though.
A quiet one...
MiguelLeal

Post by MiguelLeal » January 7th 2012, 3:11 pm

I agree with this terms... Poor, if I didn't... :D
[center]Image[/center]

Visit Fairview!
Luug

Post by Luug » January 8th 2012, 11:14 pm

Read and agree to the terms.
[centre]Image[/centre]