Seventh General Election Presidential Debate

Stay tuned into the nominations, latest campaign news, voting and results to elect the 8th Government of the Alliance of Independent Nations.
Jo
Nation: Calaré

Seventh General Election Presidential Debate

Post by Jo » August 21st 2012, 1:07 pm

Welcome to the Alliance of Independent Nations Presidential Debate.

This debate will be pretty straight forward and be conducted in a Question and Answer format.

The only thing I ask as electoral commissioner is that the Presidential Candidates address each other in a respectful and courteous manner, and that MEMBERS other than the two presidential candidates please refrain from posting in this thread. If you have any questions please address (send them via PM) to the Chair (me: Jo) and I will post your questions.

Presidential Candidates are to fill in there responses to the questions and can ask questions in response to answers given by the other candidate.

The debate will continue until 12am GMT tomorrow so as to be able to be concluded in time for the beginning of voting.

Ok gentlemen, I want no biting, no cursing, no pinching, no screaming, no grab assing. I want a clean Debate!

Ladies and Gentlemen Start your engines and may the best (wo)man win!

Question One: What's your plan to increase roleplays in the AIN?

Question Two: Why would you be a better president for the Alliance?

Question Three: Does AIN need changes? If so, what changes? What will you do?

Question Four: What is the first thing you will do as president? Why?

Jo Delaney - Electoral Commissioner
JJ
Nation: Ascadylea

Re: Seventh General Election Presidential Debate

Post by JJ » August 23rd 2012, 2:19 am

Question One: What's your plan to increase roleplays in the AIN?

To increase the roleplays in the AIN, I suppose we would have to define the different ways Countries can roleplay with one another. Not all roleplays need to be war, and on the same token, Not all roleplay should be Airline/Airport. I believe that once we define the different ways countries can interact, AIN members will be able to pick and choose which way works for them.
[centre]Image[/centre]
JJ

Post by JJ » August 23rd 2012, 2:27 am

Question Two: Why would you be a better president for the Alliance?

I think I would be a better President because I am approachable, and accessible. I am willing to listen, and and willing to do anything in my power to help. My presidential record shows that I am open to compromise to help solve issues. I actively recruit members to the AIN. I even go and bring members who have left back. I believe that my kind, and gentle, yet stern approach is just what AIN needs. I'd also be a better President because, as you can see, I am the only candidate that took the time to answer your concerns and questions about the future of this Alliance.
[centre]Image[/centre]
JJ

Post by JJ » August 23rd 2012, 2:36 am

Question Three: Does AIN need changes? If so, what changes? What will you do?

Yes. The AIN needs changes. All things in life must change and adapt to grow and survive. One change I would like to implement is the abolition of Full/Associate Member. These membership levels have seemed to grow obsolete as no Associate Members have shown any interest of gaining Full Membership. In fact, I don't believe there is a concrete method in place under the New Union Act detailing exactly how to become a Full Member.

Which leads me to another change. People are asking for Transparency. And on several occasions I have been asked for a clear cut copy of our Constitution. 2 (perhaps 3) governments ago, the Constitution was abolished in favor of the New Union Act, which acts as a fluid document of general rules and governances for the Union. However, only a few people even know what, and where this magical document can be found, as it's not on the new forums anywhere. So I believe that we need to sit down and write a list of rules and expectations for the AIN so that people can stop saying we're making up rules for this persons benefit or something of the effect.
[centre]Image[/centre]
JJ

Post by JJ » August 23rd 2012, 2:45 am

Question Four: What is the first thing you will do as president? Why?

The First thing I want to do as President is sit down with all the New Ministers and Executives and work out a way to increase Union Activity.
[centre]Image[/centre]
JJ

Post by JJ » August 23rd 2012, 2:55 am

if you have any questions on my Debate answers... feel free... I am open for discussion
[centre]Image[/centre]
Neeltro

Post by Neeltro » August 23rd 2012, 3:16 am

I have a question for your roleplaying aspect.

I rarely see any members engaging a war with other members. Even if there is one, each war is just back and forth responses with nothing intensive. How do you plan on making these wars more interesting?
JJ

Post by JJ » August 23rd 2012, 3:25 am

Thanks for your Question, Neeltro! How you been?

The problem with Wars in the AIN is this: No one wants to Lose, except Constantin. For the most part our last war, The War of the Queen, was scripted behind the scenes by Shubham and Constantin, with tidbits thrown in by me and a few others. This worked out beautifully. So I would say Script it out, plan it well, perhaps by a 3rd neutral party, make sure both sides understand that a war means casualties.
[centre]Image[/centre]

Return to “Seventh General Election”