Ace | Minister of Culture, Arts, and Sports

Stay tuned into the nominations, latest campaign news, voting and results to elect the 8th Government of the Alliance of Independent Nations.
Ace

Ace | Minister of Culture, Arts, and Sports

Post by Ace » August 15th 2012, 3:07 pm

[centre]Image

I don't feel it necessary to go through a long introduction of myself during this small campaign. Most of you have gotten to know me well, and some, very well. I simply feel it more necessary to state my goals and objectives for the Ministry of Culture, Arts, and Sports.

M for More

I plan to make activity in the MCAS forum more user friendly. The forum is one of the least active on the site aside from the "MEHI" and the "Other Ministries" forums. This can be easily changed, and I feel I can accomplish that.

C for Culture and Creativity

Not only do I think we should express the culture of our nation more in our CJs and in our roleplay, but also provide some new ideas for the creative aspect of CJing and roleplaying. Every nation has something unique about it, something that sets it apart. I want to highlight that for others to see. Creativity is a result of inspiration. I believe if you can inspire others, you can also ignite their own creativity.

A for Art and Anomaly

The art of each nation is based on its culture, which makes it unique. There's something else however that can make a nation (or at least in the SC4 world) unique, and that is to use an anomaly, something people don't expect from your nation because it is inconsistent with your past work in every way, shape, and form. That attracts attention, and makes people look at things from a different perspective, which is just what each nation needs, new perspectives and viewpoints.

"Mural de la Reina Roja", Museo de Antropología de Palenque, Chiapas, Republic of Yucatan.

S for Sports and Support

Sports is an entirely different section of MCAS, and is perhaps the most active section of it. I don't feel it needs to be changed, but I do promise that I will give a variety of events for you to partake in. Other than that, I just want you to know that I'll always be here for support and encouragement, and help wherever you feel you need it.

Image[/centre]
Last edited by Ace on August 16th 2012, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fox
Nation: Illium

Re: Ace | Minister of Culture, Arts, and Sports

Post by Fox » August 15th 2012, 3:27 pm

Wooo.. go Ace!!!

Good luck!
Coming soon, new information.
Ace

Post by Ace » August 15th 2012, 4:01 pm

Thanks Fox :)
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » August 15th 2012, 4:24 pm

This is great, Ace.

And you know what, I'll vouch for you in sports. You're hosting the championship, after all. :D
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Waterclaw

Post by Waterclaw » August 15th 2012, 4:34 pm

Well hello there, mind if I pass you :P
Ace

Post by Ace » August 15th 2012, 9:24 pm

:bow:

Thanks Emir and Waterclaw :P
Neeltro

Post by Neeltro » August 15th 2012, 9:31 pm

You secured my vote. :)
bigro

Post by bigro » August 16th 2012, 3:17 pm

Not convinced.

You haven't said ONE THING you are definitely going to do, you have promised general and vague things that could ultimately mean nothing. And probably will if they are left as they are.
If you promise some very specific things then we can at least hold you out on them. For example, why can't you host some sort of music festival? Have not seen ONE of those yet.

I mean to say, I would love to see the board become the most active board on the site too but for that to happen it's going to take something that GRABS a person and MAKES them be there. Why should I do your things when I don't even know what they are? How can I be sure you will even do anything without a plan?

You need a plan Ace, no getting past this fact. Especially for this board which is ailing right now. It needs some cold hard boot up the rear. A cold one. A hard one. And this vague proposal just isn't that at all.

Lets look at the things you said you would do and are the least vague of the things shall we? You said you would make it more user friendly, I agree wholeheartedly with this but one question...how? What are you going to do here to accomplish this. I don't know and it makes me think you might not do anything much at all. This is something you're going to need to make it's own heading.
In the sports section, you STATED it didn't need much pushing but it's one of the only places you have some sort of definite in (still horribly vague though) and that is to actually do something.
What
WHAT
The one aspect of the job that is doing well is the only one with a definite?
whaaaaaaaaat.
The job needs someone with a definite action plan to reboot the board. You just don't have that. Perhaps if you expanded on and gave us some definite things to look forward to I might not have much to pick at. As it stands, I have a lot to pick at. A whole lot. I would apply for the job myself and boot the board so hard up the rear end it wound itself up with the most action on the site but apparently I'm not cool enough to be full.

Honestly, I think this proposal is quaint. It has some nice ideals and some cuddly ideas but it is just too soft for the position. You're job is to reboot a dying board. No easy task. No place for 'nice ideals' and 'cuddly ideas'
It's the place for a cold hard plan of action. You can sure as hell give the plan some fuzzy edges to allow for deviations but MAN, there isn't even that.

-bigro the angry assed reviewer. [you] is next
That one guy
Ace

Post by Ace » August 16th 2012, 4:06 pm

Alright Bigro,

Before I get into what I am going to do, let's take a look at what has already been done.

For you're kind information, Corraile already hosted an amazing music festival a few months ago, viewforum.php?f=30

My first plan is to make things "user-friendly", which really means to simplify the requirements or application process.

For example:
-Application should be compelling, there should be a clear incentive to apply for an event, whether hosting, or competing. At the moment, there is little. We can look at the AINVision 2012 song contest as an example. There was fantastic participation, why? THe application process was simple, and in return, the winner not only recieved rights to host the next competition, but also enjoyed competing in a fun category, music.

You asked for a plan, here is what I have so far:

-Tuning Car Championship
-International Art Festival
-Alliance Winter Games (Northern Hemisphere Winter), Hosted by AGF
-Red Bull Air Race
-Forumla One World Tour
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Post by Thomas » August 16th 2012, 4:47 pm

What plans do you have for the AGF? Since over recent terms no Minister has touched the Federation, which is run by Jo and has almost no input from the Minister for Sports.

Also, are you going to run all of those events or seek other people to help run them?
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
Ace

Post by Ace » August 16th 2012, 4:51 pm

Thomas wrote:What plans do you have for the AGF? Since over recent terms no Minister has touched the Federation, which is run by Jo and has almost no input from the Minister for Sports.
Which is why it is losing much activity. I would like to discuss with Jo possible ways to improve the AGF, and ways I could help out with it while he is busy.
Thomas wrote:Also, are you going to run all of those events or seek other people to help run them?
I am always willing to run these events, however if other people would like to run them, I'll step down and keep a watchful eye over.
Fox
Nation: Illium

Post by Fox » August 17th 2012, 1:11 am

10000000000000 wrote: -Tuning Car Championship
-International Art Festival
-Alliance Winter Games (Northern Hemisphere Winter), Hosted by AGF
-Red Bull Air Race
-Forumla One World Tour
These all sound great .. although many people have attempted to start these events in the past and nothing has come of it .. what will you do to make them successful?
Coming soon, new information.
Ace

Post by Ace » August 17th 2012, 2:38 am

Fox, if you want you can vouch for me. I'm hosting the Multi-Terrain Racing Championship, and many members seem to enjoy it.

Basically I always make my events interactive and competitive.
To do so, is quite simple, pictures, videos, etc.

Return to “Seventh General Election”