Pictures from Kingston Island

By ggamgus
Image Motto: Defending peace, improving justice
Kevin
Nation: Corraile

Re: Pictures from Kingston Island

Postby Kevin » July 7th 2012, 3:50 pm

I see the only bus to Gamewood was on a concrete mixer :P

I like what i'm seeing, although in one of those pictures there's a car going the opposite direction. Might wanna book him
[centre]Image[/centre]
[centre]Image Image Image Image Image[/centre]
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » July 7th 2012, 6:52 pm

Gregor: Yep. :P

Ten trillion and beyond: Well, we do have to admit that it oftentimes makes cities more realistic. :D And they won't rebel, because we tax them less than our other provinces. But SHHH! Don't tell that to anybody! :tmi:

Kevin: The buses REEEEALLY lost funding this year, thus they began using old cement mixers. :P And about the opposite car, yeah-- wait... The driver's trying to get away!! :P
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Huston
Location: The Royal Palace, Maine, Maine, Lluania, Llithustania

Postby Huston » July 7th 2012, 7:09 pm

Nice updates :P Btw I can't help but notice that you put a banner that said "200 years of Citi Bank" on a Westpac Bank Building :D
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » July 7th 2012, 7:14 pm

Terrible ironic advertisement, wouldn't you say? :P
Ace

Postby Ace » July 7th 2012, 8:09 pm

ggamgus wrote:Ten trillion and beyond

8)
Sorry, I'll stop spamming now :P
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby RedAurora » July 11th 2012, 3:59 am

10000000000000: :P LOL!

------------

The nearest bus stop to Reverend McKinley's home was 0.5 kilometers away. This stretch of road was all that was between Martin and the person who he had loved and respected the most. Platonic, family love. Yet, he didn't know if the Reverend liked him as much. He didn't know what the Reverend would say when he showed up at his door. His voice on the phone seemed... rather reluctant.

The bus stopped near this stream that ran through many farms and historical plantations in the Gamewood area. Now Martin would walk over to Reverend McKinley's house. He did not actually live in the hut that he had talked about, but had actually owned a stable.

Now, it was for Martin to walk by farms and industrial buildings to find 15 Passage Road. After a few minutes of wandering, he had found the stable and walked towards it.

He knocked three times on the stable door, to hear grunts and loud noises from the inside.

"Dear lord! I told you I'll go over there and I'll give that thing back! How dare you trespass onto the property of a man of religion! You come here again and I'll call the cops on you--"

Then, he stopped. He saw Martin, this young adult who was towering over him, and Martin saw Reverend McKinley, a white-haired "man of religion" whose eyes were red and who seemed stressed to the breaking point. Reverend nonchalantly continued,

"Martin. I didn't see you. Come in."

"Who'd you think I was?"

The Reverend smiled and said,

"Never mind. Come in. I expected you to be here... 20 minutes later, actually. Let me put you some tea."

The Reverend placed tea into Martin's cup and told him that they would not be able to go to hut. Martin responded, his voice becoming louder and higher.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, but we cannot go."

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I was told, literally five minutes ago, that the hut had some sort of fume coming from the ground. Apparently, the same thing happened to all the farms and houses in that area. It'll take at least three weeks to clean all that up."

The fume was a ruse. The Reverend had decided on his own that he did not want to spend a WHOLE week with Martin.

If he was lucky, Martin would only stay one night then leave. And he was lucky enough that that's exactly what happened. Martin reluctantly re-scheduled his plane ticket to the next day...

The trilogy will end soon with Part 3! :D
Last edited by RedAurora on July 24th 2012, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Leaving Gamewood

Postby RedAurora » July 24th 2012, 6:39 am

Martin had traveled all the way to Gamewood, to suddenly learn that he would not spend a week in the hut he was looking forward to. He had suspected that the hut wasn't really overwhelmed by fumes. It took him a few minutes to understand what a lousy excuse it was. Martin turned to the reverend and said,

"Okay, why don't you want to let me spend a week around here and help you, perhaps?"

Reverend McKinley instantly turned and responded. He wasn't the kind to ask to clarify or repeat.

"It's a stupid idea. I never even liked you. I don't want to waste any of my time with you."

"So you're not quite a "man of religion" when you can't even show a little kindness to your relatives, huh?"

"I guess I'm not."

"Then why are you a reverend? Why do you serve the church here? You try to help others when you need help yourself."

"Can you just shut up and get the hell out of my house?"

"You're right I will. You're a piece of [censored] who doesn't deserve any human contact."

Martin walked back to the bus stop, not before tearing off one of the windshield wipers on the reverend's car.

While walking through farms and plantations, Martin felt anger and disgust for Reverend McKinley, who didn't even tell him
all of this on the phone. That would've spared him over 2000 Stucces in coming to Gamewood, and returning to the capital.

As he traveled back to the airport near Kingston City, Martin decided that he would simply forget the reverend, all the way
down to his existence. The obnoxious, boorish "man of religion" would get what he wanted, total isolation. He would never
have to worry about Martin or any of the McKinley family again.

That evening, the reverend began to regret what he had done. While he did not know it, he began to go downhill from that day.
The reverend fell into a depression later in the year, and committed suicide.

Martin, though, as much as he would have liked to forget the reverend entirely, remembered him for the rest of his life.
He described the reverend as a religious man who treated all others kindly...

Thanks for reading, guys! That's it for part 3. :D
Ace

Postby Ace » July 24th 2012, 2:49 pm

That's an odd tale :P.
Neat pictures! The creek in the first picture looks nice! :)
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Postby Thomas » July 24th 2012, 4:46 pm

What the hell?
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011

Return to “Carrancian Confederation”