Application for Republic of Guademia to join the Alliance of Independent Nations

Welcome to the AIN! Come along and introduce yourself, meet our members and learn the ropes. Then when you are ready, post your application!
ulisse
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Siculia

Re: Application for Republic of Guademia to join the Alliance of Independent Nations

Post by ulisse » August 26th 2018, 1:57 pm

Zerx wrote:
August 26th 2018, 1:08 pm
Charlie wrote:
August 26th 2018, 12:56 pm
Why not create a nation within the bay of Biscay? There used to be a nation in ain known as Llithustania that was in this location. I think if you were to make something similar, then that would work well by being in the right geographical region, still border France and Arriola and may still be able to have some English influence.

Frankly speaking, I haven't really understood what territory you meant. I have chosen the territory of the Western France with english influence, counting on the fact that in northern regions there will be English, and in southern and east prevalence of the French influence. I actually don't understand, to a why I can't settle down in the chosen territory, but if it is necessary to reduce the territory, then I can occupy Northern France and a part southern, thereby I will reduce the territory. If I occupy the small region of France, then my real territory in SC4 won't correspond very strongly
What Charlie wants to say before there was the Llithustania nation in that position. Since we are in AIN we can invent territories that reflect our ambitions.
So you could create a territory and/or island that meets your needs.

To understand a bit of Llithustania, here is the forum
Member State Since 10th December 2015 Director of Public Services From March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 - Director of Culture Since March 1, 2018 - Director of Infrastructure Since 1, 2018
Zerx

Re: Application for Republic of Guademia to join the Alliance of Independent Nations

Post by Zerx » August 26th 2018, 2:25 pm

ulisse wrote:
August 26th 2018, 1:57 pm
Zerx wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Why not create a nation within the bay of Biscay? There used to be a nation in ain known as Llithustania that was in this location. I think if you were to make something similar, then that would work well by being in the right geographical region, still border France and Arriola and may still be able to have some English influence.

Judging by the actualy AIN Llithustania map the part of artificially created territory borrowed, overstepped the bounds of France. On this card there is no clear boundary of Llithustania therefore to me not up to the end clearly as well as where exactly she settled down. Territory Llithustania is cut up by the peninsula to the West that very strongly differs from my real map and its actual sizes
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance
Nation: Carolina & The Cape

Post by kendallhart808 » August 27th 2018, 3:46 am

Zerx wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Frankly speaking, I haven't really understood what territory you meant. I have chosen the territory of the Western France with english influence, counting on the fact that in northern regions there will be English, and in southern and east prevalence of the French influence. I actually don't understand, to a why I can't settle down in the chosen territory, but if it is necessary to reduce the territory, then I can occupy Northern France and a part southern, thereby I will reduce the territory. If I occupy the small region of France, then my real territory in SC4 won't correspond very strongly
Actually I like the territory you have on the map now. France still has a port at La Rochelle, the Huguenots (ie. my history) aren't really affected, and its sort of in the northwest corner of France that imo isn't that important. I mean someone else maybe more knowledge than I am on the region, but in my opinion what you have now is good.
Zerx

Post by Zerx » August 27th 2018, 6:58 am

kendallhart808 wrote:
August 27th 2018, 3:46 am
Zerx wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Thanks. I like a relevant arrangement too, though it seems it is a little small. I wanted to take the southern territory to border on Arriola, but then I should occupy absolutely unclear territory.
Actually I like the territory you have on the map now. France still has a port at La Rochelle, the Huguenots (ie. my history) aren't really affected, and its sort of in the northwest corner of France that imo isn't that important. I mean someone else maybe more knowledge than I am on the region, but in my opinion what you have now is good.
Thanks. I like a relevant arrangement too, though it seems it is a little small. I wanted to take the southern territory to border on Arriola, but then I should occupy absolutely unclear territory.
stanisolt
Nation: Amuria

Post by stanisolt » August 28th 2018, 6:37 pm

Right now my biggest issue is the flag, which is basically Cape Verde’s flag with the addition of a coat of arms, one that does have anything to do with the coat of arms you chose. I’m also a fan of Cape Verde’s design so I think you can get away with changing colors and the number of stars in the flag while keeping the overall design.

Locationwise, you need to do more work. I suggest taking ONLY Brittany from France and maybe add a few islands to the country to accomodate the population numbers you are seeking. If you do so, I suggest looking over your history again. Brittany was under a personal union with the Kingdom of England from 1181-1202, and another similar situation occurred during the infamous Hundred Years’ War, a war that you could use as the foundation for your nation. Should Brittany remain under this personal union, it could actually result in the mix of English and French cultures you’re looking for, along with a lot of Celtic as well.

Overall, this application still needs quite some work, but you’re well on your way. :)
Last edited by stanisolt on August 28th 2018, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month." - Fyodor Dostoyevskyy
Michael
President of the Alliance
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Post by Michael » August 28th 2018, 7:31 pm

I agree with Stan on the points mentioned above, and since I know of his extensive historical knowledge, I especially agree with him on those points. :)
Image---------------Image WikiForum-----------------------------WikiForum----

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President since 1st March 2018

Send me a message!
Zerx

Post by Zerx » August 28th 2018, 8:58 pm

stanisolt wrote:
August 28th 2018, 6:37 pm
Right now my biggest issue is the flag, which is basically Cape Verde’s flag with the addition of a coat of arms, one that does have anything to do with the coat of arms you chose. I’m also a fan of Cape Verde’s design so I think you can get away with changing colors and the number of stars in the flag while keeping the overall design.

Locationwise, you need to do more work. I suggest taking ONLY Brittany from France and maybe add a few islands to the country to accomodate the population numbers you are seeking. If you do so, I suggest looking over your history again. Brittany was under a personal union with the Kingdom of England from 1181-1202, which occurred during the infamous Hundred Years’ War, a war that you could use as the foundation for your nation. Should Brittany remain under this personal union, it could actually result in the mix of English and French cultures you’re looking for, along with a lot of Celtic as well.

Overall, this application still needs quite some work, but you’re well on your way. :)
Thanks for criticism and councils. Actually, I assumed that I can invent any story, without connecting it with true history of the territory on which I want to locate the country. I have taken the territory of Brittany and the neighboring French region. If rules of Alliance assume the real history, then I am ready to change it, though wanted to connect history of the state with relevant history of my country. Wouldn't really hoyetsya to mention history of the real country
stanisolt
Nation: Amuria

Post by stanisolt » August 28th 2018, 9:05 pm

Yeah, it’s advised to link histories with the real history of the region to maximize realism. We have a lot of leeway as is in terms of realism, but we try to make sure our countries are mostly compatible with the real world. If you need any help on your histort, I would be glad to hell :)
"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month." - Fyodor Dostoyevskyy
Zerx

Post by Zerx » August 28th 2018, 9:10 pm

stanisolt wrote:
August 28th 2018, 9:05 pm
Yeah, it’s advised to link histories with the real history of the region to maximize realism. We have a lot of leeway as is in terms of realism, but we try to make sure our countries are mostly compatible with the real world. If you need any help on your histort, I would be glad to hell :)
Well, in that case I will rewrite history, but after all it would be desirable to leave several moments connected with my relevant history such as initial population of my country (guadema and mianets), and also the names of monarchs and nnkotory details connected with the political system of those times and foundation of the capital. In all the rest I can adjust history of my country to a real story of these French regions of those times. I will take advantage of your offer on the help and the century will ask to help me with history of these regions during 17-19
ulisse

Post by ulisse » August 28th 2018, 11:51 pm

The map is fine. The flag and the CoA must be changed. Then I would like to see more contemporary history after the Second World War
Member State Since 10th December 2015 Director of Public Services From March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 - Director of Culture Since March 1, 2018 - Director of Infrastructure Since 1, 2018
Zerx

Post by Zerx » August 29th 2018, 12:01 am

ulisse wrote:
August 28th 2018, 11:51 pm
The map is fine. The flag and the CoA must be changed. Then I would like to see more contemporary history after the Second World War
Do you mean more detailed information during World War II? About the coat of arms, I am very sorry, that it wasn't pleasant to you. He is so beautiful
ulisse

Post by ulisse » August 29th 2018, 12:12 am

Zerx wrote:
August 29th 2018, 12:01 am
ulisse wrote:
Do you mean more detailed information during World War II? About the coat of arms, I am very sorry, that it wasn't pleasant to you. He is so beautiful
During and after the Second World War. So even the history of your nation during the Cold War, the crisis of 2008 etc.
Zerx

Post by Zerx » August 29th 2018, 12:18 am

ulisse wrote:
August 29th 2018, 12:12 am
Zerx wrote:
August 29th 2018, 12:01 am
ulisse wrote:
During and after the Second World War. So even the history of your nation during the Cold War, the crisis of 2008 etc.
I didn't want to concern Cold War, and about crisis of 2008 I will write in a modern history which I am forced to rewrite
InvaderNat
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Post by InvaderNat » August 29th 2018, 12:37 am

France is part of an exclusion zone isn't it?
Michael
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Post by Michael » August 29th 2018, 9:52 am

InvaderNat wrote:
August 29th 2018, 12:37 am
France is part of an exclusion zone isn't it?
Under A2 P4.04 there is a process to allow an applicant to present an application that includes territory in an exclusion zone. Once the normal application process is coming to a close, that process can be run through.
Image---------------Image WikiForum-----------------------------WikiForum----

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President since 1st March 2018

Send me a message!

Return to “Membership Office”