Side Nation: United Kingdom of Effeland WIP

Welcome to the AIN! Come along and introduce yourself, meet our members and learn the ropes. Then when you are ready, post your application!
jons11
Nation: Poemia

Side Nation: United Kingdom of Effeland WIP

Post by jons11 » August 27th 2018, 2:23 pm

Official name: United Kingdom of Effeland
Capital City: Ebièn (also the largest city)
Official Language: Effian
Recognised Languages: English, French, Basque, Pastran
Ethnic Groups: White 88,7%
Black 7,4%
Other 3,9%
Demonym: Effians - Effian
Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Monarch: King Albert Anvister
Primistre (Prime Minister): Roger Misky
Legislature: Upper House: Supreme Council of The Kingdom
Lower House: Council of Dukes
Population: 16.876.981 ab.
GDP percapita : 42.765$
GDP nominal: 721.744.092.465$
HDI: 0,902
Currency: Barant
Drives on: Right
Internet TLD: .el

Map:
FLAG:
COA:

HISTORY OF THE KINGDOM
According to some findings, man appears on Effeland in 112 BC. the population that lived in Effeland was more concentrated in the North and was organized into very well organized tribes.
Despite an organization also military, Effeland was invaded by the Romans in 81 BC during the dominion of Domitian who appointed three governors to lead the Islands: Arminius II, Lucius, Reikan.
Reikan and Lucius, of barbarian origin, ruled the North while Arminius II, Italic, ruled the South.
Despite some rebellions, the Romans ruled unchallenged until the second century BC. During the empire of Marcus Aurelius, when the great-grandson of Reikan, Alsitio, led the island of Danozia to revolt, in those years Marcus Aurelius was engaged in other repressions of revolts in the empire, so many Roman legions were defeated and Alsitio he led his army to the south. Despite the victory seemed very close, the conquests ended with the death of Alsitio poisoned by the same wife Artmeta.
After the battles, the north lost its governor and all of Effeland (Effiania for the Romans) was controlled by only one governor, descendant of Arminius II: Marco Dannia.
In 259 BC, Effeland, participated in the secession by the Roman Empire, forming together with Gaul and the British, the Empire of Gauls, this period was not very prosperous for Effeland and no exponent of these islands became part of the class management of the new empire. These conditions made a new addition of Effeland to the Roman Empire easier in 289 BC, much earlier than other areas of northern France and Britain.
In 337 Effeland as Britannia, Spain and France is governed by Constantine II, during this period many cities are founded including Gezia (the current Geta) Esbetiun (Ebièn) and Freminium (Frem), in this period improved the living conditions and there was a great cultural development, despite this, to the north, some armies of barbarian origin were formed that held the northern Effeland hostage.
In 380, as in all the Roman Empire, governed by Theodosius I, Christianity becomes obligatory religion, Governor Remus II begins with repressions against the barbarians who refused to accept this religion, because of these repressions the situation becomes complicated and northern armies increase incursions to the south.

In the following years, the Roman Empire split, the Western Roman Empire included the Italic peninsula while France was governed by Constantine III and Britain became independent.
In this context, in Effeland, the Barbarian incursions became increasingly massive and in 390, under the leadership of Arrigo I, the barbarians invaded all of Effeland and forced the Romans to retreat. After the expulsion of the Romans, Arrigo I founded the kingdom of Effeland and proclaimed himself King, Esbetium became the Capital.
In 421 the Visigoths attempted an invasion but the Effians rejected the attack in the Battle of Resia.
After this battle the new institutions of Effeland were consolidated. Arrigo I in internal politics delegated the municipalities to deal with defense, justice and tax collection, while in foreign policy he tried to establish good relations with the Franks and Saxons.
In 432 with the death of Arrigo I his son, Ludwig the Great, inherited the kingdom and led Effeland's troops to win against three waves of Visigoths who attempted to invade the islands but the King's military strategies forced the Visigoths to retreat. Ludovico the Great in response to the attacks decided to organize an expedition to the Iberian peninsula and conquered the island of Arianne thanks to an alliance with the Basques. After the victory at Arianne, Effeland left the island of Arianne to the Basques.

In 467 Ludovico the Great, now an old man, led Effeland in a battle against the Swabians. Effeland's fleet tightened the fleet in the Gulf of Geta and despite the death of Ludwig the Great, Effeland won the battle and the Swabians were forced to renounce all the ambitions in Effeland.
After the death of Ludovico the Great, Giorgio Clostire, he put at risk the good relations with the north polples, attempting an opportunity for Ireland. The invasion failed, Giorgio Clostire was betrayed by his brother Marco who inherited the throne and ruled Effeland until 487.
In 538, despite an alliance that lasted for many years, the Franks attack Effeland and take control of the South of the Kingdom and the Capital. King Giliberto II retires to the north and founds the new capital, Pastorano. In 609 the son of King Giliberto, Alexander II leads an expedition against the Franks, the King can not conquer all the lost territories but arrives a few kilometers from Ebièn.
In 718 the Umayyad Caliphate after having conquered the Iberian peninsula, Invade the island of Arianne meanwhile Effeland carries on a new offensive against the Franks under the guidance of King George II. This time the capital Ebièn and many other cities are conquered. The Franks are besieged in the Genta and Frem regions.
In 787 under the guidance of Charlemagne, the Franks conquered the south of Effeland again. In the north the army of King George III resists.
813 The Franks invade all of Effeland while the Asturians remain on the island of Arianne.
859 Effeland's army takes advantage of the weaknesses of the Franks and invade the south. The royal court led by King Mark II moves the capital to Ebièn. After 859, Effeland knows a very strong moment of growth and the army and navy gained a lot of importance. Effeland in 863 with 3.2 million inhabitants was the 5 Kingdom by population.
In 891 King Ebbert I (the Usurper) of the royal house of Archenst usurped the throne to King Albert Ainster. He started the civil war but King Ebbert I won and in 893 he was recognized king of Effeland from all the royal houses. Ebbert took him as his second wife, an exponent of the royal house of the Emirate of Cordoba, Rania Ahmed, in this way Ebbert I had the support of the emirate to reconquer the island of Arianne, thus attacking Asturias. After the conquest, Queen Rania Ahmed was tried and sentenced to death for adultery. Later, King Ebbert I was forced to renounce the throne because of his now clear homosexuality. Even his son Adriano renounced the throne and the brother of King Ebbert I, Lorenzo I inherited the throne. During the reign of Lorenzo I, there were numerous reforms that improved the army, justice and in general the conditions of life. Lorenzo to resolve the diplomatic incident with the caliphate of Cordoba, he married another member of the royal house Aisha Rahman in Ebièn in 911.
In 929 the last act of King Lawrence I was to sign the peace with the Inglaterra.
In 1058 Castile invaded the island of Arianne, Effeland renounced the counterattack and immediately signed the peace in view of a unification of Spain.
In 1167 Effeland in the rescue of the British attacked the French south of Normandy but renounced any territorial claim and left everything to the British. King Ferdinand II married a noble English woman, Rosetta Bloom, from that moment the relations between Effeland and England improved a lot.
In 1237 the French regained control of France and attacked Effeland who, with the help of the British, managed to limit losses but the city of Frem came under French control.
In 1275 a new advance of the English in France left the possibility of Effeland's army to reconquer the city of Frem and restore the army and navy.
In 1360 King Lorenzo III of Effeland signed the peace with France despite the British being against peace. The refusal to continue the war against France worsens relations with England.
In 1428 The British invaded the South East of Effeland, the occupation ended in 1432 when the army of Effeland reoccupied the city of Geta and Frem.
In 1465 Effeland signed peace with England.
In 1492 with the discovery of America, Effeland was preparing for colonization in America, but the explosion of a war with Norway (south of Iceland) stopped the territorial ambitions of Effeland. Norway, which aspired to conquer the north of Effeland, withdrew its ships in 1496 when the kingdom of Denmark and Norway was born.
In 1585 the Anglo-Spanish war and Effeland exploded after a first neutrality sided with Elizabeth II's England against Philip II's Spain with the clear ambition to reconquer the Arianne Island.
In 1588 the ships of the invincible armada arrived in the Strait of the Channel without the Effeland Ships intervening. After some attacks, on 6 August 1588, 22 ships of the Effeland navy intervened behind the Invincible Armada in aid of the English. Thus, England won the war and the Spaniards were forced to renounce the project of invading England.
In 1589 an English fleet was sent to Spain, together with the British, also Effeland sent a fleet with which they invaded the Arianne Island. After this attack, the Pope excommunicated King Ebbert II.
In 1592 the Spaniards attempted many raids on the Isle of Arianne that failed thanks to the Anglo-Dutch aid.
In 1598 King Ebbert II signed peace with Spain after the death of Philip II.
King Ebbert II also opposed the rebellion in Ireland, this led to the beginning of new tensions with Spain that ended with peace between England and Spain in 1604.
In 1618 with the beginning of the 30-year war Effeland indirectly supported the anti-Habsburg coalition despite a large part of the population being Catholic. In 1635 when France went to war in support of Catholics, Queen Carolina I, the first female monarch, declared Effeland neutral to the conflict and ordered the closure of all places of worship forcing the State to go towards a "forced secularization". The decision of Queen Carolina was not appreciated by Spain, England and France, but none of the three countries took particular pressure to change the decision of the sovereign.
In 1648, Effeland participated in the peace of Westphalia without covering any role of particular importance in the negotiation. In 1650 Queen Carolina I reopened the places of worship but recognized the religious differences.
In 1708 some tensions are generated between Arriola and Effeland due to competition on territorial waters. In 1709 the tensions ended and an agreement was reached between the two countries.
In 1763, due to unpopular policies, some royal houses rose up against King Theodore Mirrell III, the latter being forced to abdicate in favor of his cousin Willeim Mirrell II.
In 1795 Willeim Mirrell II, established the lower house of parliament to cope with the growing will of the new middle class of Effeland. Also for this reason, Effeland has not been affected by the French revolution.
1807 Effeland allies with the English to oppose Napoleon , April 12, 1807 the French army occupies Gent and Frem.
1810 Effeland reoccupies all the territories occupied by the French.
1814 The Treaty of Vienna recognizes the sovereignty of Effeland throughout its territory.
1815-1870 there is a period of growth and prosperity renamed: Golden period. In this period liberal and democratic policies are affirmed, the monarch, John IV grants greater freedom to the parliament and enlarges the right to vote to all men aged over 25 years.
During the Risorgimento of Arriola, Effeland's crown supported the Arriola monarchy but did not intervene.
1914-1918 Effeland remained neutral throughout the world war but indirectly supported France, Italy and the UK.
After World War II, the economic situation in Effeland deteriorated but considerably increased relations with the USA.
1, April 1940 The parliament votes the entry into the War of Effeland against Germany.
14, April 1940 Effeland's army intervenes to help the French but is forced to return to their homeland.
19 June 1940 German aircraft bomb the main cities of Effeland, the first minstro Benjamin Lock drives the resistance.
June 23, 1940 the King of Effeland, Ebbert III, flees to Britain and with the prime minister opposes the advance of the Germans.
On January 2, 1941, the Nazi army lands at Frem
March 3, 1941, Germany controls 80% of the national territory, begins the Nazi period.
On December 20, 1943, the Allies disembarked to the north of Effeland to oppose the Germans. The day after, King Ebbert III returned to Effeland.
On January 7, 1944, the Allies took control of all of Effeland.
January 10, 1944, King Ebbert III with Prime Minister Benjamin Lock proclaimed liberation from Nazi-Fascism.
From the 50s to the 70s the economic boom takes place, the economy grows rapidly and the living conditions improve considerably.
In 2002 Effeland with a referendum decided not to enter the European Union.
2017 Effeland the Parliament votes the beginning of the practices to enter into AIN.

Last edited by jons11 on September 3rd 2018, 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jons11

Re: Side Nation: United Kingdom of Effeland WIP

Post by jons11 » August 27th 2018, 2:24 pm

During the week i will publish the application.
ulisse
Director of Infrastructure
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Siculia

Post by ulisse » August 27th 2018, 2:56 pm

The image is fine, but the size of the islands is too large. A little bit smaller and more linear on the French coast.
Member State Since 10th December 2015 Director of Public Services From March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 - Director of Culture Since March 1, 2018 - Director of Infrastructure Since 1, 2018
Michael
President of the Alliance
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Post by Michael » August 27th 2018, 4:11 pm

I think the size of the islands is far too big, and they cannot block the channel like that - that alters far too much history. I suggest that you look at a seabed map and a tectonic map, and design some islands (either a small chain or a small archipelago) that better fit that.
Image---------------Image WikiForum-----------------------------WikiForum----

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President since 1st March 2018

Send me a message!
SimEmirate
Nation: Arriola

Post by SimEmirate » September 1st 2018, 11:29 pm

Very nice application so far! :)

Regarding the location and shape of the islands, I'd also recommend you follow the French coast, and possibly move further South into the Bay of Biscay near Aquitania or the Basque Country, which I believe other members would find more acceptable (plus we can be neighbors, and have our own Chunnel ;)). That being said, Arriola and Effeland would have likely interacted a lot throughout history, and one of Arriola's national languages (most likely Basque) would likely be spoken in parts of Effeland.

Looking forward to this passing!
jons11

Post by jons11 » September 3rd 2018, 9:32 pm

I've ended the story and I've changed the map and the population
InvaderNat
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Post by InvaderNat » September 3rd 2018, 11:08 pm

The new map looks much nicer.
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe » September 4th 2018, 2:41 am

Map looks better now.
Image What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance
Nation: Carolina & The Cape

Post by kendallhart808 » September 4th 2018, 3:08 pm

I love the history and I like the new map as well. My only question is how you control that island to the far north? It’s so disconnected from your territory
Poi112
Nation: Akisuzushima

Post by Poi112 » September 8th 2018, 2:04 pm

Looks good, especially the ingame picture :) . I like the history and the current location, however as other pointed above, it might harder to control the island that far from the country.
Michael
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Post by Michael » September 8th 2018, 2:54 pm

I think this is much better. I wonder whether I am in a minority here, but I wonder if it would be better if the main island was split into smaller islands - at least 2 maybe? I'm not sure.
Image---------------Image WikiForum-----------------------------WikiForum----

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President since 1st March 2018

Send me a message!
Ramon
Vice President of the Alliance
Vice President of the Alliance
Nation: Santa Catarina

Post by Ramon » September 13th 2018, 2:58 pm

Michael wrote:
September 8th 2018, 2:54 pm
I think this is much better. I wonder whether I am in a minority here, but I wonder if it would be better if the main island was split into smaller islands - at least 2 maybe? I'm not sure.
I'd like to see that as well, I think less main islands look better.
Vice-President of the Alliance since March 1st, 2018
Speaker of the Alliance from March 1st, 2017 to March 1st, 2018
Need help? Send me a message!
Visit the Commonwealth of Santa Catarina!
Wiki · Forum · Ministry of International Relations
jons11

Post by jons11 » September 13th 2018, 7:30 pm

Guys i will complete the application durnig next week

Return to “Membership Office”