[APPROVED] Republic of Samra

See all of the successful applications to the AIN here!

Shall the Republic of Samra become a member of the Alliance?

Poll ended at October 6th 2018, 5:13 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Abstain
No votes

Total votes: 12
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance
Nation: Carolina & The Cape

Re: Application | Republic of Samra

Post by kendallhart808 » September 26th 2018, 1:32 am

I don't think I've said anything about this application so I'll put my two cents in. I like the idea of a Korean-inspired nation, I think it will bring some "flavor" to the East Asia region since most nations in that area are Japanese based. I don't have a problem with any of your statistics, in fact, I think you could go a little higher in regards to your GDP per capita but that's your choice. Your pictures are simply stunning. In regards to the history, I don't really know enough about the region to really give you any good insights, but if your working with Greg I'm sure it will turn out great.

Anyway, those are my thoughts, I certainly wish you and this application the best :)
InvaderNat
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Post by InvaderNat » September 26th 2018, 2:56 am

Looks cool to me, second the comment above.
jayguum

Post by jayguum » September 26th 2018, 10:40 am

kendallhart808 wrote:
September 26th 2018, 1:32 am
I don't think I've said anything about this application so I'll put my two cents in. I like the idea of a Korean-inspired nation, I think it will bring some "flavor" to the East Asia region since most nations in that area are Japanese based. I don't have a problem with any of your statistics, in fact, I think you could go a little higher in regards to your GDP per capita but that's your choice. Your pictures are simply stunning. In regards to the history, I don't really know enough about the region to really give you any good insights, but if your working with Greg I'm sure it will turn out great.

Anyway, those are my thoughts, I certainly wish you and this application the best :)
InvaderNat wrote:
September 26th 2018, 2:56 am
Looks cool to me, second the comment above.

Thanks for the suggestion, yeah i've update the statistic of GDP and HDI, close to another Far East Asian nation including Teiko and Oka, it should be more suitable and not too excessive, but let me know if the number is not good.

26 September Edit
HDI and GDP statisctic updated
History refined to it's detail

I think my proposal is ready guys :rock:
aranho
Nation: Ca'onja

Post by aranho » September 26th 2018, 1:07 pm

Everything seems in order, though it would be nice to see a physical map of Samra. Still, it's a :up: from me.
WikiForum
Michael
President of the Alliance
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Post by Michael » September 26th 2018, 9:56 pm

I'm happy with this. What are everyone's thoughts?
Image---------------Image WikiForum-----------------------------WikiForum----

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President since 1st March 2018

Send me a message!
jayguum

Post by jayguum » September 27th 2018, 10:31 am

aranho wrote:
September 26th 2018, 1:07 pm
Everything seems in order, though it would be nice to see a physical map of Samra. Still, it's a :up: from me.
Thanks, i'll considering to do that in the future
Michael wrote:
September 26th 2018, 9:56 pm
I'm happy with this. What are everyone's thoughts?
I'm happy if you happy :lol:
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe » September 28th 2018, 11:44 am

Hi Jay,

This apps looks very promising. The statistics are well done and the pictures are truly gorgeous. I would just like to raise a few concerns on your history before we go to final voting.

Here are some insights I have in your history.

1. I hope you can refrain using the words Oka, Teiko, China and Japan especially in the earlier part of your history. These countries are unlikely to have been unified at those points. It is the same way that you do not use Korea but rather names of its precedessor polities such as Baekje, Goguyeo and Silla. You have to be very specific in this matter to avoid confusion. This something I have realized when I was writing Teiko's history.
2. I can see potential for more Samra-Teiko interactions even as early as 300 BC when the first major polity in Teiko, the Kingdom of Na was born. The Kingdom of Na is regarded as the earliest recognized polity in the Japonic region as it was given a golden seal from Emperor Guagwu of Han. We could also have major interactions during the three kingdoms period of Teiko where Kyushu island was divided into Hayato, Yamatai and Kumaso. Note that Yamatai here is the predecessor of the Yamato state which eventually became the foundation of modern Japan.
3. We need to clarify the Battle of the Red Coast, which parties are involved an who fought against whom.
4. There was no mention of Mongol invasion. I think it is important to know what happened to Samra during ths period.
5. How did Samra have an Emperor? It wasn't explained or did I just missed it.
6. I don't see why we need Samra's help in 1586.
7. In 1895, the Kingdom of Teiko did not join Japan, rather it became a client state of Japan. Making it join sounds like it has other options. At this point, it was either Teiko reunify with Japan or be a client state.
8. Note that Teiko tried to invade the Korean peninsula in the 16th century
9. I also like the idea where Teiko and Samra have some overlapping claims in a ficional set of islands between the two countries.
10. I think considering how close the islands of Samra and Teiko are, there should have been naval battles and invasions between both countries.
11. Samra could also be a place where political outcasts of Teiko are expelled.

Anyhow, once you get in, we can always work on smoothing our history even further.
Last edited by jmsepe on September 29th 2018, 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
Gregor
Nation: Oka & Malerno

Post by Gregor » September 28th 2018, 12:42 pm

Some points are valid, but some are up for a serious discussion most notably the seal of Na in Teiko being issued 350 years before China issued the real one or cross border relations between all these nations

Clarifications might be needed. And not only relations with Teiko, though 10km apart Oka and Teiko have blurry lines. Nakama's hypothetical involvements in certain events even more.

I propose we vote on the history as it stands. Which I believe is precise enough, and that East Asian nation collectively harmonize their history afterwards.
_____________ Image Oka City AIN Cultural Capital 2018
ulisse
Director of Infrastructure
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Siculia

Post by ulisse » September 28th 2018, 5:56 pm

For me you can go to the vote. The history of this nation is fine and you can be expanded and in compliance with the history of that region
Member State Since 10th December 2015 Director of Public Services From March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018 - Director of Culture Since March 1, 2018 - Director of Infrastructure Since 1, 2018
SimEmirate
Nation: Arriola

Post by SimEmirate » September 28th 2018, 11:55 pm

I agree with Greg. Those issues can be sorted out later. Beautiful application, Jay! :D
jayguum

Post by jayguum » September 30th 2018, 3:47 pm

jmsepe wrote:
September 28th 2018, 11:44 am
Hi Jay,

This apps looks very promising. The statistics are well done and the pictures are truly gorgeous. I would just like to raise a few concerns on your history before we go to final voting.

Here are some insights I have in your history.

1. I hope you can refrain using the words Oka, Teiko, China and Japan especially in the earlier part of your history. These countries are unlikely to have been unified at those points. It is the same way that you do not use Korea but rather names of its precedessor polities such as Baekje, Goguyeo and Silla. You have to be very specific in this matter to avoid confusion. This something I have realized when I was writing Teiko's history.
2. I can see potential for more Samra-Teiko interactions even as early as 300 BC when the first major polity in Teiko, the Kingdom of Na was born. The Kingdom of Na is regarded as the earliest recognized polity in the Japonic region as it was given a golden seal from Emperor Guagwu of Han. We could also have major interactions during the three kingdoms period of Teiko where Kyushu island was divided into Hayato, Yamatai and Kumaso. Note that Yamatai here is the predecessor of the Yamato state which eventually became the foundation of modern Japan.
3. We need to clarify the Battle of the Red Coast, which parties are involved an who fought against whom.
4. There was no mention of Mongol invasion. I think it is important to know what happened to Samra during ths period.
5. How did Samra have an Emperor? It wasn't explained or did I just missed it.
6. I don't see why we need Samra's help in 1586.
7. In 1895, the Kingdom of Teiko did not join Japan, rather it became a client state of Japan. Making it join sounds like it has other options. At this point, it was either Teiko reunify with Japan or be a client state.
8. Note that Teiko tried to invade the Korean peninsula in the 16th century
9. I also like the idea where Teiko and Samra have some overlapping claims in a ficional set of islands between the two countries.
10. I think considering how close the islands of Samra and Teiko are, there should have been naval battles and invasions between both countries.
11. Samra could also be a place where political outcasts of Teiko are expelled.

Anyhow, once you get in, we can always work on smoothing our history even further.
Thanks for the response, here is my answer

1. i'm trying to simplify the history for my app by arranging other Nation's historical period by how we call they now.
3. Oka and Japan's Yamato Clan during their Invasion to Samra, i've discussed with Greg about this to make a strong foundation for Samra's history.
4. AFAIK, Mongol Empire didn't have a Navy power during their invasion period to the east, also they had struggle to invade Goryeo for decades which is becoming a wall for Samra. if they had a chance to invade Samra, Japanese Islands could be also their target, that could make a confusion.
in short, this is a calm period between Samra and the korean peninsula
5. the word used to describe leader of the whole area in Samra's region, i'm planning to expand the history in the future.

2, 6-11 : Let we discuss more about this if Samra could join AIN, i would be happy to know more about Teiko's history line ^_^
Gregor wrote:
September 28th 2018, 12:42 pm
Some points are valid, but some are up for a serious discussion most notably the seal of Na in Teiko being issued 350 years before China issued the real one or cross border relations between all these nations

Clarifications might be needed. And not only relations with Teiko, though 10km apart Oka and Teiko have blurry lines. Nakama's hypothetical involvements in certain events even more.

I propose we vote on the history as it stands. Which I believe is precise enough, and that East Asian nation collectively harmonize their history afterwards.
ulisse wrote:
September 28th 2018, 5:56 pm
For me you can go to the vote. The history of this nation is fine and you can be expanded and in compliance with the history of that region
SimEmirate wrote:
September 28th 2018, 11:55 pm
I agree with Greg. Those issues can be sorted out later. Beautiful application, Jay! :D
Thanks for yout support guys
_______

NB : my apps have been in here for around a month, please let me know if my application is good enough to go into voting, thanks
Michael
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Post by Michael » September 30th 2018, 5:12 pm

As per requested...

Application Checklist

Applications must pass all seven of these checklist points to go to vote. Fail any, and the application will be held up and cannot go to vote. If an application receives no editing after failing a checklist within 14 days then it is declined.

1: Unique and a realistic flag of your nation coupled with an equally unique and realistic coat of arms.
2: Map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style, located on the AIN World Map
3: Realistic size, population and government of your nation that matches your CJ style
4: Realistically meets the GDP per capita limit of whatever region your country is located in, as per this legislation
5: Detail your nation's natural resources, economic stimuli, major import and export partners, and if applicable, overseas colonies in a manner that is not intrusive to other AIN members.
6: A Detailed and realistic history of your country that reflects your area and its surrounds.
7: At least 5 images, displaying the style of your nation, appropriate to its location. This can be in the form of a simulated city, unique drawings or renderings, or any other custom content. Real life images may suffice so long as the remainder of the application is of high enough quality, as determined by the membership.

Conclusion

A very strong application, with lots of potential for role play.

As with all applications, 12 votes needed to pass, or at least 7 in favour if we don't get 12.
Voting is now open. Members have up to 14 days to cast their votes.
Image---------------Image WikiForum-----------------------------WikiForum----

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President since 1st March 2018

Send me a message!
jmsepe
Director of Economics
Director of Economics
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe » September 30th 2018, 5:24 pm

Voted yes but we will need a lot of reworking on the history. I suggest we create a unified history for the region and declare the area as an exclusion zone so that it wont get too crowded.
Image What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
jayguum

Post by jayguum » October 2nd 2018, 3:22 am

Michael wrote:
September 30th 2018, 5:12 pm
As per requested...

Application Checklist

Applications must pass all seven of these checklist points to go to vote. Fail any, and the application will be held up and cannot go to vote. If an application receives no editing after failing a checklist within 14 days then it is declined.

1: Unique and a realistic flag of your nation coupled with an equally unique and realistic coat of arms.
2: Map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style, located on the AIN World Map
3: Realistic size, population and government of your nation that matches your CJ style
4: Realistically meets the GDP per capita limit of whatever region your country is located in, as per this legislation
5: Detail your nation's natural resources, economic stimuli, major import and export partners, and if applicable, overseas colonies in a manner that is not intrusive to other AIN members.
6: A Detailed and realistic history of your country that reflects your area and its surrounds.
7: At least 5 images, displaying the style of your nation, appropriate to its location. This can be in the form of a simulated city, unique drawings or renderings, or any other custom content. Real life images may suffice so long as the remainder of the application is of high enough quality, as determined by the membership.

Conclusion

A very strong application, with lots of potential for role play.

As with all applications, 12 votes needed to pass, or at least 7 in favour if we don't get 12.
Voting is now open. Members have up to 14 days to cast their votes.
thanks Michael
jmsepe wrote:
September 30th 2018, 5:24 pm
Voted yes but we will need a lot of reworking on the history. I suggest we create a unified history for the region and declare the area as an exclusion zone so that it wont get too crowded.
noted JM, well i hope it wont be too bloody :O
Gregor
Nation: Oka & Malerno

Post by Gregor » October 5th 2018, 6:43 am

12 yes's ! Well done jay! Welcome back if I may say 😄😄
_____________ Image Oka City AIN Cultural Capital 2018

Return to “Approved Applications”