Main Updates

by Neeltro
Image Motto:Without knowledge, you'll not be successful in life.
Neeltro

Main Updates

Postby Neeltro » February 16th 2012, 10:02 pm

[centre]This section is where I showcase all of my Middle Eastern cities because its the main theme of my country. For those who do not what Onubis is, here is a general overview of it:[/centre]

[centre]Onubisain Facts

Flag:

Coat of Arms:

Map:

Red = Parsa
Pink: Gohbar
Green = Kunis
Each color represents a country or state of the Onubis Federation.

Nation's facts:

Nation's Official Name: The Onubis Federation
National Name: Onubis
National Anthem: Oh Onubis!
National Motto: Without knowledge, you'll not be successful in life.

Capital: Gobar ,Gohbar, Onubis Federation

Government: Republic
Prime Minster: Al Muhem
President: Kaflia Riyda

Official Languages: Arabic
Other Languages: English

Population: 14,789,457

Areas: Middle East

Climate: Very arid and hot, but breezy and cool during the night

Economy:

Currency: OD (Onubis Dilar)
GPD: 538,032,000,000 OD
GPD per capita: $30,316
Stock Market: Onubis Stock Exchange
Debt: 10.9 million
Income per year: 11.8 million

Misc:

Human Development Index / HDI: 0.831
Calling Code: +1
Drives on the right side
Internet Code: .ce

History:

1453: Onubis settled on desert land or known as by today; Saudi Arabia and began to form a colony.

1460: The colony very fast, but most of the nation lived in poverty.

1490: Onubis was with the Ottoman Empire.

1504: As Onubis' first military branches: Army and Navy has been established. This gave poorer people hope since the military provides basic living conditions for your time in the armed forces.

1641: Onubis was inspired from the Roman's government system, a Republic. Therefore, Onubis abolished its old system of a group of people ruling the land. Then established a Republic which is known as The Republic of Onubis.

1720: When Onubis started to gain allies from Germany, their economy somewhat boosted from resource trading.
(Onubis was part of the Ottoman Empire back then, so they were allies with Germany.)

1913: Due to being allies with Germany, they were forced to fight for the axis during WW1.(German Empire, Austria - Hungary, etc.)

1917: After WW1, the Ottoman Empire dissappeared, and Onubis later became independent.

1939 - 1947: Onubis helped the US and allied forces after the events of Pearl Harbor because they were afraid that they will do the same on Onubis. Again, Onubis manufactured weapons and went onto the front lines.

1981: Onubis decided to from a Federation instead of its old system, Republic. Therefore, 3 states or sub countries were formed having its own customs and ways of living. However, the 3 countries will still be intact as one.

2006: Onubis Federation enters to the UN / United Nations.

2007: Onubisain oil exports created enormous amounts of capital[/centre]
Last edited by Neeltro on July 31st 2012, 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neeltro

Gobar

Postby Neeltro » February 16th 2012, 10:04 pm

[centre]I will only show the recent updates for my update center. Those who want to see my older works, visit Simtropolis or the AIN site. Without a further ado, here is...

Gobar

============================================================
As the years passed, Gobar has considerably expanded. Throughout this expansion, districts are slowly becoming more cleaner and spacious.

Gobar's oil and industrial industries has profited immensely that the city has became the Paris of the Middle East.

Image[/centre]
Last edited by Neeltro on February 16th 2012, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neeltro

Kalihal Urban Renewal Pt. 1

Postby Neeltro » February 16th 2012, 10:05 pm

[centre]Kaihal, known as the worst city in Onubis. Various of crimes and drug routes are extremely common. What's even worse is the police force is corrupted and kills the innocent.

The president responded by sending in millions of dollars to Kaihal for urban renewal. One example is tearing down the Asian Central Market for more modern buildings.

The water-side slums are slowly demolished to create beaches or other amenities. The beaches have barriers to separate the slums to the beach.
========================================
In the progression of the construction, the roads became paved and suitable for higher levels of traffic. Although the highrises might be out of place in this city, there's another plan to reform the police force.
----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
Another part of this renewal was the construction of a oil / cargo port.

Currently, researchers are looking for ways to reduce pollution in this port considering it pollutes much more than large ports similar to its use. One idea they had was to construct a small building to somehow reduce pollution similar to photosynthesis.
Image[/centre]
Last edited by Neeltro on February 16th 2012, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neeltro

Kalihal Urban Renewal Pt. 2

Postby Neeltro » February 16th 2012, 10:05 pm

[centre]Image

With the extra funds, the Kaihal government decided to transform several local shops into hotels and offices. For now, the area is being cleared and the last buildings are still under demolition.

Construction has begun and the construction layouts will change overtime.

With all buildings completed, tourists and locals flock to the new sites.

Although there is more projects to be completed, at least the city center is mostly reconstructed.
Image[/centre]
Neeltro

Gobar South

Postby Neeltro » February 16th 2012, 10:07 pm

[centre]Gobar is not a complete wealthy city like Dubai, this city comprises one of the largest slums in Onubis. Based on the 2010 census, there are over fifty-thousand slum residents living in Gobar. Surprisingly, gleaming skyscrapers were even built in the South-side.

Parisian architecture is somewhat common in Gobar because the city used to be the prime trading port in the Middle East. During the French's time in colonial Onubis, Parisian architecture was built so that the French feel closer to home.

Unfortunately, most of the Parisian architecture was demolished due to expansion. Recently, the Onubisian Historical National Register in order to preserve historical buildings.
Image[/centre]
Neeltro

Gobar South Pt. 2

Postby Neeltro » February 16th 2012, 10:08 pm

[centre]Gobar South Pt. II

Its nighttime and the city is lively as ever. The shops are usually packed with gullible customers and offices with 2nd shift workers.

The city's port is considered to be one of the busiest ports of its size in Onubis. The port's workers dwell in government blocks or shanties.

Last but not least, old city. Only partial sections survived throughout the centuries. This old city is considered to be one of the remaining in Onubis. Currently, this area is being restored to its former state and being protected by UNESCO.
Image[/centre]
Neeltro

Random mosaics

Postby Neeltro » February 16th 2012, 10:09 pm

Just a random assortment of mosaics...

Gobar South

Tabuk
Zack

Re: Main Updates

Postby Zack » February 17th 2012, 8:33 am

Awesome, as usual!

According to your map, Mecca, Medina and Riyadh are in Onubis. Any plans to recreate them (or make unique versions of them)?
Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

Postby Thomas » February 17th 2012, 2:42 pm

I love the recap, and the last mosaic is astounding.
Nilo7

Postby Nilo7 » February 17th 2012, 10:12 pm

I always thought you were an underrated CJer; this is spectacular! I also love that you have a Middle Eastern style... not many (if any) people out there are doing that these days.

And wow, that flag... it looks better than most world flags! :P
[centre]ζήσε τη ζωή

Check out my other content![/centre]
smartbylaw
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Postby smartbylaw » February 17th 2012, 10:27 pm

Amazing. Does this mean Onubis is back? Lol magnificent and your CJ is at a 5 star standard!
Neeltro

Postby Neeltro » February 22nd 2012, 4:19 am

Replies:

woodb3master: Thanks! Maybe I should create something near to Saudi Arabian cities, but I doubt there are any maps on it. :/ Anyways, I do plan on making a Mecca-like city soon, I am just waiting for the right content to be released or resort to other methods.

Thomas: Thank you!

Edge: I suppose. :P

smartbylaw: Yes it does. :D Thanks a lot! :)
Last edited by Neeltro on February 25th 2012, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neeltro

Kalihal Urban Renewal Pt. 3 and Tabuk

Postby Neeltro » February 24th 2012, 9:07 pm

[centre]Back at Kaihal, the city's oil export revenues have again been used for urban renewal. One of the the government's last actions of their renewal plan is constructing the city's first skyscraper. First, federal contractors planned the new site of Mugal Headquarters.

After tearing the site, construction begun and almost halfway near its completion.

The first skyscraper is finally erected with hundreds flocking to the new building.

------------------
While areas of Onubis are receiving federal funding for improvements, most areas still remain in poverty. The small, yet religious town of Tabuk has its streets overcrowded with homeless people and shanties.

Its main source of income is heavily reliant on the tourism department, the town's mosques and ancient structures.
Image[/centre]
Fox
Nation: Illium

Postby Fox » February 25th 2012, 12:50 am

Stunning update .. I love all the work you've done in this style. Very inspirational to many I'd say.

That castle in the last picture looks awesome, and I can image the History it's seen would be gruesome yet detailed.

I also have to mention that I am glad you added some greenery in to the city where your new skyscraper is, makes the area look friendlier and healthier some how.
Coming soon, new information.

Postby 111222333444 » February 25th 2012, 1:43 am

I love it, as usual :)

stunning castle!
[centre]Insolence!

Do the right thing.[/centre]

Return to “Onubis Federation”