AINWiki Month

Find all you need to know about the AIN in here - maps, wiki articles, union resources and in-depth details about events and union life.
Thomas
Nation: Cattala

AINWiki Month

Post by Thomas » September 30th 2012, 4:32 pm

[centre]Image

During the month of October, the AIN will be having a Wiki Drive! YAY![/centre]

Why now?

The last time we had a wiki drive was in July 2010, long before many of us were members. Since then we've been fortunate enough to have our own custom wiki created and maintained, and activity has been reasonably good. However there are still many pages that are empty and underwritten.

We have Journals: Why do we need wiki's too?

Our former Vice President and now-honourary member, Peter, put it much better than I can in the first wiki drive. "the wiki is the reader's digest for your City Notebook."

If I need to find out Atlantsia's population, I go to the wiki. If I need to see when Queen Alexandra ascended to the throne, I can quickly look at my wiki pages to see the exact date. "Easy reference info: wiki - more in depth details and pictures: City Notebooks"

But it's full of coding and hard stuff!

Nonsense! The wiki is quite easy to use once you get the hang of it, and 95% of the stuff you do will be repeated, like using [[['s for headings and links. Over the coming days, we'll be posting a tutorial for you all to get a basic hang of the wiki and its functions. You can also copy the coding from other member's pages and simply change it for your own country - it's as simple as writing a post here!

Are there going to be incentives again? Please say yes.

A complete national page? REWARDS. An updated ministerial page? REWARDS. Creating a history page? REWARDS. Over the next few weeks we'll be announcing a series of reward schemes for members with extensive wiki pages and great categories.

Ooh fun. Are there any rules?

Obviously we don't want people running around breaking people's pages. Be considerate when editing general pages and try to avoid editing or changing another member's page without permission. The wiki is an extension of both the union and your country, so let's keep it civil and not god mode whenever we get the chance!

[centre]Explore the wiki. Clicky.[/centre]
Member of the AIN: 7 February 2010 - 1 January 2015
Permanent Administrator: 5 June 2010 - 1 April 2013
Second President of the Alliance: 17 September 2010 - 22 September 2011
JJ
Nation: Ascadylea

Re: AINWiki Month

Post by JJ » September 30th 2012, 5:40 pm

love this
[centre]Image[/centre]
mysticdestiny

Post by mysticdestiny » October 1st 2012, 1:31 am

YAY! Wiki's :D
bigro

Post by bigro » October 1st 2012, 5:04 am

REWARDS.

Are vague.
That one guy
JJ
Nation: Ascadylea

Post by JJ » October 1st 2012, 5:11 am

Bigro, the rewards are as of yet undecided hence their vagueness
[centre]Image[/centre]
Jo
Nation: Calaré

Post by Jo » October 1st 2012, 7:26 am

YAY Wiki !!
Liberater444

Post by Liberater444 » October 1st 2012, 8:52 am

WikiMANIA! This gives me extra reason to keep adding to my wiki for sure, other than taking a few civics courses this fall and getting my juices flowing for gov't hahaha :P

I've already added quite a bit of content to my wiki regarding the Imperial Council and will be editing more on history and government side of things.
[center]Ya fuzzy little man-peach[/center]
Waterclaw

Post by Waterclaw » October 1st 2012, 1:14 pm

I was suppose to be taking government this year, but I'm instead taking World History as a AP class seeing how I missed the beginning and I aced the 2nd half :P Byzantium and Islamic Empire ftw. Economics would of been right after gov too in the same year, I guess I just won't know as much for another year :P
jcmustng11

Post by jcmustng11 » October 1st 2012, 6:50 pm

This is a great idea, but seeing as I have very very limited time, I would love any help on developing a more detailed an accurate history for my nation for the wiki. I have been gone for a while, and would love to get back into the swing of things. Excited!
[centre]Image[/centre]
Kevin
Nation: Corraile

Post by Kevin » October 2nd 2012, 2:17 pm

Hey @Thomas I was wondering if i could get a template done like what you did for Cattala, the {Template:InfoboxCattala} or something like that
[centre]Image[/centre]
[centre]Image Image Image Image Image[/centre]
Thomas

Post by Thomas » October 2nd 2012, 5:15 pm

Absolutely Kevin! Just PM me what links and side picture you want put on there and I can make you one quite easily, if you'd like. :)
Mine is based on one on the real Wikipedia about the UK, so it's not too hard to imitate.
Thomas

Post by Thomas » October 9th 2012, 3:46 pm

[centre]Image

The Golden Revolution was a major turning point in the history of Cattala, impacting on the Crown, the autocracy, society, the economy and the whole way of life on the small Mediterranean island... [/centre]

Over the coming weeks I'll be writing the largest piece of Cattala's jigsaw of history. The Golden Revolution ended with a cataclysmic change in the social order, hierarchies and politics of a country that had once been dominated by the aristocratic few and their absolute monarch. Obviously I'm very busy with school, so on some days my only contribution to that page will be adding a small picture or a paragraph about the impact it had on a farmer in a field somewhere.

The wiki is not a chore, it's a part of your country and a part of this union. Many of us can't update our journals every single week or comment on posts daily. But, if we all work little by little on our wiki pages and the forums, soon we'll have a highly active and highly detailed community. :)
Thomas

Post by Thomas » October 12th 2012, 1:28 pm

[centre]Image[/centre]

For services to Wiki Economics, the membership award goes to...

[centre]Kevin![/centre]

For services to Wiki Member Pages, the feature award goes to...

[centre]Ace![/centre]

Congratulations to both of you. Atlantsia is now the featured page on the wiki and union homepages, and Kevin is our first recipient of the Wiki Award Membership level, meaning Corraile will be tagged on the forums for the rest of the month!

Other members will be selected for their hard work on the wiki, so try and earn your award as well!
Remember - even a five minute contribution every other day will add up over time.

[centre]Explore the wiki. Clicky.[/centre]
Ace

Post by Ace » October 12th 2012, 9:38 pm

Thanks Thomas :)
Kevin
Nation: Corraile

Post by Kevin » October 13th 2012, 5:47 am