Same-Sex marriage/rights by country or territory map

Find all you need to know about the AIN in here - maps, wiki articles, union resources and in-depth details about events and union life.
kendallhart808
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance
Nation: Carolina & The Cape

Re: LGBT rights by country or territory map

Post by kendallhart808 » December 7th 2016, 2:40 am

If it is LGBT rights, North Carolina likely needs to be placed in the beige area because of HB2
Zack

Post by Zack » December 7th 2016, 7:01 am

It looks to me like the map only deals with same-sex relations rights, but the wiki page covers all LGBT-related rights. Perhaps a second map dealing with the other rights is in order?
Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Post by Charlie » December 7th 2016, 7:09 am

Well yeah this map is used to represent both - as those with same-sex marriages have better treatment towards LGBT people than those in the red. Creating a map for each different stage a nation is at would be pretty tedious, so this one map gives a pretty good indication at different country's stances towards LGBT people. For more information the wiki page is right there anyway ;)

Updated the map, might need to clear your cached images to see it on chrome.
Image Image Image Image
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » December 7th 2016, 1:21 pm

Charlie wrote:Well yeah this map is used to represent both - as those with same-sex marriages have better treatment towards LGBT people than those in the red. Creating a map for each different stage a nation is at would be pretty tedious, so this one map gives a pretty good indication at different country's stances towards LGBT people.
I don't know if that is the case because there are some large countries that fall outside of that. Iran, for example, does not allow same-sex marriages but subsidizes transition surgeries for trans people and changes their gender identity information listed on basically all documents.

On this map though, Iran is a big red, so what I said above wouldn't be reflected in any way.

That's why I suggested a name change for the map.
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Post by Charlie » December 7th 2016, 1:26 pm

True there are some outliers like Iran, but for the majority of other countries it is pretty consistent.

But fair enough, this map covers mainly same-sex marriage/intercourse laws so creating a different one for other areas of the LGBT spectrum does make sense, but like I said, I don't really think it's needed. I will rename the map to something more fitting though.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Library of the Alliance”