AINSI Discussion Thread

Alliance of Independent Nations Statistics Institute, part of the Alliance Economic Agency.

Moderator: Director of Economics

Luug

Re: AINSI Discussion Thread

Post by Luug » January 4th 2012, 9:21 pm

Liberater444 wrote:I think Phase 1 is too in-depth, such as mileage of railroad, number of telephones, etc.

I would suggest population, government, climate, some culture, agriculture, and military. Covers the basics while keeping it short.
How about economy instead of agriculture? Since agriculture is part of economy, and since there are not questions regarding economy, more information can be gathered.

In my opinion the economy section in phase 2 was alright, except all the agricultural detail and private/government ownership (how are we supposed to determine it??). More suitable would be to describe the structure of the economy, what are the main industries, is the economy efficient (Japan) or inefficient (Soviet Union) or just ridiculed (EU, USA). When did the country industrialize, or is it still developing? What problems does the economy have? (low growth, unemployment, inefficiency, inflexible job market, deflation etc.)

And also I'd like to add that the infrastructure-section was alright, except again, a bit too much details to ask (how many different gauges you have and how much they comprise in total length etc. questions...).
[centre]Image[/centre]
forthwall

Post by forthwall » January 5th 2012, 1:44 am

I agree with most of it, but who would you determine your nations "efficient or inefficient"?
[centre]ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ Ace will be here
Image[/centre]
Luug

Post by Luug » January 6th 2012, 10:02 pm

forthwall wrote:I agree with most of it, but who would you determine your nations "efficient or inefficient"?
Nation's economic efficiency is not a numerical value. It is simply a term to describe the use of national resources in relation to output.
[centre]Image[/centre]
forthwall

Post by forthwall » January 7th 2012, 12:54 am

Hmn, interesting I will begin implementing the new ideas tomorrow
Image[/centre]
SGJason

Post by SGJason » January 7th 2012, 9:19 pm

Just a message for you that I have modified my post to edit this data:

Before :
Population below poverty line: 18% (<2$/day)
Average Household income: Real > 1’129.34 E (~448 $) | Minimum Wage > 1’480.91 E / Month (~587 $ / Month)

Now :
Population below poverty line: 18% (< 75% of Minimum Wage / month)
Average Household income: Real > 1’129.34 E (~448 $) | Minimum Wage > 909.30 E / Month (~360 $ / Month)

The reason is to change the minimum wage of 9 EGB/hour by EGB 5/hour and according the poverty line with minimum wage ;)

PS : And I know, they are poor^^
forthwall

Post by forthwall » January 8th 2012, 4:32 am

It is ok, I will not be collecting the data for a while (March-April)
Image[/centre]
Neeltro

Post by Neeltro » January 11th 2012, 11:39 pm

As much I like your census idea, the census should be shorten to the basis just like the other members said. I did not fill out the last census because it was way too long.
Nanami
Nation: Nakama & Karasem

Post by Nanami » June 21st 2013, 7:10 am

So here, I thinking of making the list of most polluted city in AIN... it would be counted with PSI (info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollutant_Standards_Index )

anyway these the list of polluted city in Karasem:
1. Tanjung Pasir, West Jaya (avg 161) <- Poluted because of many heavy industry located in the city
2. Newport, Melaka Archipelago (avg 156) <- Poluted because of lot of drillings and mining process
3. Kota Gas, Melaka Archipelago (avg 120) <- Poluted because of lot of drillings and mining process
4. Citambang, Cibebek (avg 103) <- Poluted because of many heavy industry
5. Kota Meriah, North Cikulon (avg 93) <- Poluted as a developing major city
6. Cibebek, Cibebek (avg 76) <- Poluted as a major city
Last edited by Nanami on June 21st 2013, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meriah 2019 - Spirit of AIN Serika 2020 - Discover the Future
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » June 21st 2013, 1:07 pm

Queensland doesn't have any unique pollutant scale of its own (meaning it would just use PSI), but Sainte-Croix does... :devil:
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc » September 4th 2013, 10:26 pm

I have been researching more into terrorism and the such, and came up with an idea that might be good, but still needs some tweaking, I suggest an AIN listing like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Terrorism_Index.

What needs tweaking is the scoring system for AIN use, and also the time limit of this list, I mean one year might be too small of a distinguishing to separate nations fully, but yet if we go all the way back to the first recorded attack on the listing. But opinions please :P
Will

Post by Will » September 5th 2013, 3:20 am

I like it, I'm not sure that there would be many nations with very high indexes, but it won't do any harm. However, how would we calculate it?
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc » September 5th 2013, 3:28 pm

That's what I want to work out, how to calculate the points, we need to recalculate all of them for first the rarity of attacks compared to real world, then we need to configure for fatalities and if fatalities and injuries should be a combined statistic since not every attack has it's injury toll released, and same with the amount of destruction caused.

For sure the terrorist attack should count as 1, and fatalities, since it's a tad bit higher than irl, might go from 3 points to like 1 point as well, and maybe 0.5 for each injury? and should we drop or replace the damages with another category?
RedAurora
Persona non grata
Persona non grata

Post by RedAurora » September 5th 2013, 10:36 pm

YingBlanc wrote:For sure the terrorist attack should count as 1, and fatalities, since it's a tad bit higher than irl, might go from 3 points to like 1 point as well, and maybe 0.5 for each injury?
Isn't that the same in the actual index? :^)
أراهن هذا جعلك تذهب إلى ترجمة جوجل
Will

Post by Will » September 6th 2013, 4:07 am

I think we should use the same way the actual index is calculated.
Fox
Nation: Illium

Post by Fox » September 6th 2013, 6:17 am

That sounds like a good idea Will.
Coming soon, new information.

Return to “AINSI”